Art Harris: Misty is claiming that Haleigh is alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone.. this is my first time posting.. although i've been reading here since the early caylee days.. when i read the letters from misty i was floored.. i really can't believe after all this time, she would come out and say that she believes haleigh is alive. i really question what is going thru her mind!!

and i agree with those who think misty only wrote the cover letter. the other letters weren't her at all

WELCOME to the group, Tiki! I would shoot off some fireworks for you, but I'm at werk and left all my toys at home!

Someone wrote these for Misty and I can understand why. They may even be Misty's words and the writer cleaned up the grammar. Regardless of who authored the letters, Misty signed them so she seems to agree with what is written...it could be a case of what she would have said herself if she could, if she had the vocabulary.

That said, this latest attempt for Misty to elicit sympathy for herself just sickens me. Of course it's all about Misty! One of the first lines in the letter is "how could this happen to me?"

No, Misty...it should be how could this happen to Haleigh?!!! She is the victim here, not you. You made choices that put you where you are! Haleigh was not given a choice. Haleigh was not given an option. Haleigh was not given a chance at life. So tell me--how do you know Haleigh is alive if you were sleeping and have no clue as to what happened?

Right now all I can say is they should just throw away the key on Misty. But sadly, I am not sure she will do anywhere near her full sentence. I think they will all get out early. It will be by way of changes in the laws, most likely.

I want them all to stay where they are for the duration. Even longer would be more appropriate, IMO. I want them all to be locked up long enough to see how they went wrong and to realize that life deals a rotten hand to many people who do not go out and just do whatever they please, not caring who gets hurt in the process. I want them all to see that Haleigh was worth an effort to try to live right, by the rules, and that Haleigh was not expendable.

Just opening the file of Misty's handwritten letter made me feel as if I had invited her into my home. Ugh...I want to hurl!

Hi K, I agree with everything you said, especially the part BBM. She is such a drama queen, and I guess she has gone too long without attention. I feel guilty everytime I even give her any attention, like I'm playing right along with her. :sick: Everytime I read about her or post about her, I know I am giving her exactly what she wants! Really makes me sick!

I am trying to get past Gary Bowlings statement, that he would be happy to hear from Misty, "either before or after her next sentencing". Does that mean PCSO may be holding out hope she will tell something before her next hearing? Can that mean they have offered her something to tell before her next hearing? Or maybe they are hoping that after the next hearing, when she is sentenced to even more time, that she will finally break and tell something? Just thinking out loud here that Gary Bowling said it that way. I think they may have laid something on the table for her. I don't know.

Well, on the bright side, I guess, if she's still lobbying for sympathy and throwing stories out there, then she's still scheming and squirming and she's not resigned to living a large chunk of her life in jail, and as long as she hasn't given up, then maybe, maybe she can be convinced one day to tell the truth to save herself. Maybe.

This was mentioned on JVM tonight and I have to say for the most part it was handled OK. On a positive note, the mention was brief. One thing that bugged me a little was JVM's lead-in. She called the letters (shouting, of course), "A stunning new twist in the Haleigh Cummings case." One thing I found a bit strange was it wasn't mentioned that Misty did not pen the letters. Unless it was said real quick and I missed it.

Seems to me the only newsworthy part of this is that Misty herself did not write the letters.

This was mentioned on JVM tonight and I have to say for the most part it was handled OK. On a positive note, the mention was brief. One thing that bugged me a little was JVM's lead-in. She called the letters (shouting, of course), "A stunning new twist in the Haleigh Cummings case." One thing I found a bit strange was it wasn't mentioned that Misty did not pen the letters. Unless it was said real quick and I missed it.

Seems to me the only newsworthy part of this is that Misty herself did not write the letters.

I saw the JVM segment and IIRC AH presented himself as in disbelief and stated that Misty obviously did not write the letters. I think it was framed in the context of they were not even written how she'd 'speak' from her attorney.

I was impressed that despite JVM's hyped intro that the segment was short, sweet and, to the point ... that this is Misty reverting to her original story that she was asleep and was the same old same old.

There was mention of the upcoming sentencing.

Just my 2 cents throwing in here.....I saw JVM tonight and I got the impression...."someone" ....was trying to "create"... public opinion that that child is still alive...DUE TO...all the players testimony that Haleigh was dead....and "that someone" is trying to divert away from...MURDER...

This has caused me to remember TN was STILL making statements that she believed Haleigh was still alive some where......I wonder who that "person" might be...in this latest development...

I do not believe it is Misty..I believe someone else is behind this...someone who is scared the truth may come out...Who has NOT been arrested yet???....hmmmmm......imo...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Investigative journalist Art Harris, Misty is also now claiming that little Haleigh is alive? What?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: That was my reaction, Jane, when I obtained these letters from prison she`s written, from the women`s prison in Florida to her grandmother, five-page letter saying she believes in her heart that Haleigh is alive. It`s pretty amazing.

I just had to sit on it and report and find out what law enforcement thought of it, who -- folks who know her writing, what they think of it. It is definitely not written by her, at least most of the letter. It is not really in her voice, according to her lawyer.

But it talks about in her heart she knows Haleigh is alive. And she says in this letter, on ArtHarris.com, "Everyone wants to know what happened. I was asleep. How can I say anything when there is nothing to say? How can I be quiet when I want to scream? Listen to me. Haleigh is not dead. Find her. Does anyone care?"

Anyway, it goes on very, very self-serving. Misty as victim.

We have seen, Jane, you know, Misty the party girl, Misty the babysitter, Misty the drug dealer. Now we`ve got Misty, you know, Misty the poet. She actually has a poem she`s written called "Misty`s Song." So it`s a -- it`s a very confusing hodgepodge of correspondence.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1012/15/ijvm.01.html

JMO but every page with the exception of the last page was authored and written by someone else. This is not the first time that someone is claiming that Haleigh is alive. To me at least, it is obviously not Misty writing here.

ETA: Misty can't spell, that's for sure but by now even she should be able to spell Haleigh's name correctly. There are way too many "big" words in the pages that Misty would never use or be able to spell. Handwriting isn't even close to matching.

Lone, I could not agree more. The letters were composed by someone who had more than a sixth grade education.

And when did Misty begin to write with such a flair. She can't even speak that fancy. Spare me - she didn't write these. JMO

Ok, seems it is a given someone helped Misty, but by doing so...who benefited in the new story (letters), in which Misty claimed to be an addict and Donna gave the pills to her? Not to be a poll but...just thoughts going through my mind:

1. Misty looking for a lesser sentence?
2. Did Donna somehow put things up...might make her look good...if Misty is an addict & she helped out a friend...unknowingly Misty would sell. (I know GMAB)
3. Cummings...could they be an influence? Her bio (can't use the word "mother") says Ron was the only one she was afraid of.
4. Misty is just is covering for Tommy?
5. Misty is just Evil?
6. Is there anyone else that would write letters for Misty (that she seemed to sign)?

If I wasn't already discussed with this case, I certainly am now!!!!!!!!! My hope is lost at this moment. Please add to what I have missed.

Oh peshaw.

IMHO She did not write that letter (with the exception of the cover letter). I'd be willing to bet the farm and everything I own she didn't write that letter and that probably isn't her signature on it either. JMHO If it is she didn't dictate that letter IMHO. Misty doesn't strike as particularily poetic or prone to prose. JMHO.

Not a comment on her intelligence at all, I am not poetic or inclined to write prose and I am of average intelligence as well. JMHO.

This is a bunch of hogwash if I've ever seen it to tell you the truth. JMHO.

These players and their sideshows make want to vomit to be very honest.

Cut it out, and where is Haleigh. I don't think they are ever going to tell. That makes me so very very sad :(

(sorry for the rant)

I believe Donna and Hope are in the same prison. Maybe one of them wrote it.

Poor persecuted Misty may never understand how her "hafe" is nothing.

That's exactly what I said when I read it. lol

Then I said, "Poppycock!"

I will have to learn to use that word, as I said a whole string of words when "poppycock" would have been just fine. Thanks.

Wonder what's going on behind the scenes that caused this newest round of "poppycock"?

Wonder what's going on behind the scenes that caused this newest round of "poppycock"?

Maybe Tommy is yakking again ?

Give it a couple more weeks and Misty will be singing another tune altogether, once again. Do you really believe she actually wrote those letters ? Not me, not for one second.

Wonder if Robert Fields is bald yet from pulling his hair out because of his nightmare client...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa