Identified! CA - Fontana, WhtFem 662UFCA, 25-35, hit by car, Aug'85 - Marguerite O'Brien

a lot of those look close, but i wonder how much wiggle room there is on the height. cherry was found prior to decomp so it seems reasonable they would be within a inch of her height when measured...

i also think there would be some note (on those with a lot of info) about the missing organ...

a lot of those look close, but i wonder how much wiggle room there is on the height. cherry was found prior to decomp so it seems reasonable they would be within a inch of her height when measured...

i also think there would be some note (on those with a lot of info) about the missing organ...

I've wondered the same thing about height.
I tend to think the measurements done by a coroner are probably pretty accurate but often wonder about the heights given in missing person's reports. I suspect most are probably close to the actual height but tend to give a couple of inches wiggle room for adults.

When it comes to people who went missing in their early teens, I allow a lot more wiggle room because they weren't done growing when they disappeared.

My 13 year old daughter went through quite a growth spurt in the past year. She went from buying clothes in the Girls' section of the store to shopping in the Juniors' section and she's now nearly as tall as I am. Her Dad, who'd been in Iraq during her growth spurt, was completely shocked by how much she'd grown while he was gone.

Yes, you would think the profiles with more info would include mentions of scars and/or missing organs.

I'm new here and don't have much to share with regard to an ID (you guys are amazing at finding potential matches!), but just wanted to add something that I noticed in the pics of her personal effects...

The notes/numbers all appear to have been written by different people. Note that the numbers in one phone number are written differently in another (2s, 3s, 8 in phone number and 8 in address etc.). Some of the names/words are also written in different writing styles. ie "Rusty" is written in a more deliberate/slow manner (almost child-like imo), with looping in the R. The "Kelly" and "Gen(e?)" Lincoln Hotel notes show two different handwriting styles with regard to the capital E as well as the capital N.

It almost indicates to me that perhaps men (clients?) were writing down their name and number for her. Perhaps the "Kelly" note was written by the UID, as that is the only note that appears 'feminine' to me (I have similar handwriting) and has notes about when and where to meet someone, something I myself would do and probably have a similar piece of paper in my purse as I type this. Also, Kelly could be a male. I know several men named Kelly.

The address of the insurance agency looks to me like 177 North Lake St. in Phillips, WI, which is an actual address, however it is now a bank. Again, I know that this might not shed any new light on things, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Eyer81: You are totally correct in the handwriting styles being different! I do believe that she was hitching rides with truckers, or she was tagging along on a trip with one. Some of those notes (papers) could be from a rig and not actually some place she had been.....Just putting that theory out there!!
Oh!! And, Welcome to WS!!! Glad to have you here, your first post is very insightful and we need ya!!! ;)

BTW,Has anyone else noticed the receipt behind the "Kelly" note? I hope Pearly will get us a look at that..... Here's the pic of that note

Attachments

• Copy of Cherry Doe in ACC. Misc Papers Kelly Note.bmp
    747.4 KB · Views: 135
BTW,Has anyone else noticed the receipt behind the "Kelly" note? I hope Pearly will get us a look at that
I noticed it MBB will see what I can do!

i found this when i put in the address......468 N Main St, Corona, CA 92880

there is what looks like a 3 story building.....

Map of 468 N Main St, Corona, CA 92880 - YELLOWPAGES.COM
http://www.yellowpages.com/maps

dont know what the building is though.....and sorry if this has been talked about already :)

i found this when i put in the address......468 N Main St, Corona, CA 92880

there is what looks like a 3 story building.....

Map of 468 N Main St, Corona, CA 92880 - YELLOWPAGES.COM
http://www.yellowpages.com/maps

dont know what the building is though.....and sorry if this has been talked about already :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=468%20N%20Main%20St%2C%20Corona%2C%20CA%2092880&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I didn't see that particular building as two story, however, click on the link above go to street view, after the street view comes up, in the left hand side of the pic of address/street view is a icon you can move around and look at all the buildings in that area, to the left there is a sign that has different business names on a sign, looks like a strip mall.... It's only 18 miles away from Cherry Ave in Fontana, too.....Mmmmm, I'll have to see about a reverse lookup on N Main, I'll be back.....

Nothing of interest on N Main St in Corona, there is an apartment building there around the 300 block... Dadburn....
Here's a link to view the street where Cherry was struck http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=468%20N%20Main%20St%2C%20Corona%2C%20CA%2092880&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl You can pan around on the street view also....

This case makes me think of the "Laundry Lady" Jane, that happened in 1987, with the semi-trucks involved around the areas, the 'personal' items the Janes were carrying when the accidents happened, I wonder if Joseph M. Nissensohn was somehow involved with these ladies.....Nissenhohn was a cross country truck driver, convicted in 1991 and recently charged in another murder that occurred in 1989!! :eek:

All sounds very interesting...sad for Cherry though wish she could have her name back sooner.

The paper pertaining to Kelly was a receipt however it should be noted that it was just a generic receipt and did not have any information which would narrow down any areas where she was (what a shame!).

Well we will keep going
Pearly

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=468%20N%20Main%20St%2C%20Corona%2C%20CA%2092880&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I didn't see that particular building as two story, however, click on the link above go to street view, after the street view comes up, in the left hand side of the pic of address/street view is a icon you can move around and look at all the buildings in that area, to the left there is a sign that has different business names on a sign, looks like a strip mall.... It's only 18 miles away from Cherry Ave in Fontana, too.....Mmmmm, I'll have to see about a reverse lookup on N Main, I'll be back.....

if you go to the link you gave and pan it to the other side of the street ...there seems to be a large 3 story or so building...i can not seem to find a sign on the building...but there is a bus stop righ in front of it....i wonder if someone could look up the bus route and find the name of that building?....if its anything to think about it....just throwing it out there :)

hey pearly, what was on the receipt? by looking at the items, it might tell us something about cherry...

Just wanted to bump this case up.
Does anyone have a link that contains the photographs of the notes and the woman? I tried to find the file on NamUs but I think its either been removed or I'm just searching wrong or something? I can't find her anywhere.
I found the case on Doe Network but it looks like there is/was better info and pics on NamUS
Thx

okay I read ever post now...now I'll make a comment...just taking a small brk from the Blue Earth Jane Doe I am working on.....per Insurnace paper

Chamber of commerce shows these Insurance companies....not a huge town so maybe have moved....it wouldn't hurt if someone made calls to see if any of them use to have an address of 177 no. ??? street....if not do they know of an insurance company that use to be there and who worked there...small town person may still be around. If not contact Chamber of Commerce or State Licensing Board for insurance companies...they should have some record. Chamber is best bet...I live small town...almost ever business is a member..they may have to dig in records but they should know...

okay that was my two cents....oh yeah...wouldn't hurt to ask about policies that cancelled in the year of the accident or if they know/or heard of any missing person from the area...okay so I gave ya three cents worth :)

All-Time Insurance Agency
204 N Avon Avenue
Phillips, WI 54555
715-339-2128
Agent: Colleen Guzinski
Homeowners ● Renters ● Business ● Auto ● Recreational Vehicles
First National Insurance Agency
366 N Lake Avenue
Phillips, WI 54555
715-339-3235
Agent: Joanne Mabie
Auto ● Home ● Life ● Business

Fidelity Insurance
215 S. Lake Ave
Phillips, WI 54555
715-339-4187
Agent: Wendy Bjork

Auto ● Home ● Life ● Business

Precour Insurance Agency
172 N Lake Avenue
Phillips, WI 54555
715-339-6511
Agent: Paul Precour
Life ● Home ● Car ● Business
State Farm Insurance
1157 4th Ave. South
Park Falls, WI 54552
715-762-3218
Fax: 715-762-2800
Agent: Diana Skawinski
Email: Sdiana.skawinski-L8HE@statefarm.com

Is there any way to get a better accounting of the articles in her purse, like the brands of the products, or colors/brands of the makeup? Some of those things might be regional and could give an idea where she came from or was going.

I did send an email to officials in Phillips because they have a missing woman 2 yrs later...I doubt it is her but I wanted to let them know there was a connection to Phillips,Wi in a Jane doe case...maybe there's another case we don't have access to...I am actually work on a different case "Blue Earth Jane Doe" that is going to take allot of time so I will let you all run with this thing....btw see the Blue Earth Case and feel free to throw out ideas

I just did a recon of Cherry Doe. Helene at DoeNet asked me to do this one a long time ago, but after a lot of effort, I gave up and told her it was too difficult because of the facial injuries, poor photo quality, unknown hairstyle, and bad camera angle.

But yesterday, I decided to try again.

*** WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK ***
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...otos/3e2c4f77-da8b-4712-9f42-dd4ef4b17099.jpg

72ef6332-8b88-4ce2-8b90-eddb1bac1ba1.jpg

It was pretty difficult to determine the true shape of her nose, as it was badly broken in the accident. It was also hard to tell what her hair looks like. It looks to me like she has it tied back in a ponytail or single braid, but I'm not sure. So I did two versions.

Cherry Greenman? She was 20 when she was last known alive in 1976, so would have been 29 when the UID died, solidly in range. She was 5'7" (one inch shorter than the UID), 135 lbs (could easily have gained 15 lbs) and had brown hair and blue eyes.

Attachments

• CAGreenman.jpg
    CAGreenman.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 19
  • cherry doe.jpg
    cherry doe.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 14
my attempts:

Attachments

• JDrend3.jpg
    JDrend3.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 24