Identified! CA - Fontana, WhtFem 662UFCA, 25-35, hit by car, Aug'85 - Marguerite O'Brien

Not a bad resemblance. She also fits with the 60's free-spirit persona. Jane Doe's shoes make me think that she might have been a bit of a free-spirit and non-conformist.

Do you think it's worth sending in? I think you said you've worked with Mr. VanNorman before -- is he going to be open to getting an email from a stranger about it? Or would you rather do it yourself? I don't want to flood him with stuff...

Do you think it's worth sending in? I think you said you've worked with Mr. VanNorman before -- is he going to be open to getting an email from a stranger about it? Or would you rather do it yourself? I don't want to flood him with stuff...

I'm sure he would be fine with an e-mail from you. Just keep it brief and include the NCIC numbers and NamUs links. You don't need to go into a long spiel about why you think she should be considered.

Just doing a bit of preliminary (on my end) research into the possible Phillips Wisconsin/ Fontana, California connection.

The family I spoke of in my previous post has a son who was in a California prison for many years. The family is tied to both Phillips, WI and Carlsbad/Oceanside California...which is about 90 min away from Fontana, where this UID was found. (I won't name names for obvious reasons, but just an FYI to anyone following this case...this is the angle I am looking into)

If this were a Minoqua or Wisconsin Dells insurance agency I would immediately think "tourist"; she may have been vacationing and at one point considered moving to Wisconsin. Phillips isn't a town that you would go to on a whim unless you know someone there; not saying that it NEVER happens...but unlikely.

I called her "miss Boots" because they do not have a picture of her instead a pair of pretty boots. She had several notes in pocketbook wihch could be clues to her ID.
I attached the pics of the notes. I hope I did it correctly. I could not figure out how to put them in this post.
Case History
The victim was killed when she attempted to cross lanes of traffic on foot at Valley Boulevard, east of Cherry Avenue, in Fontana, California, and was struck by a vehicle. Implication is that she may have traveled on the east coast (New York, Wisconsin).
Identity may be established by fingerprints and dental X-rays.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/662ufca.html
Note: on the middle pic I did some cleaning up with Picasa.

Attachments

• 662UFCA8.jpg
    662UFCA8.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 662UFCA9.jpg
    662UFCA9.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 662UFCA7.jpg
    662UFCA7.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 27
I read in the doenetwork listing that she had Left ovary and uterus missing.... i wonder if they mean it was never there or whether she had them removed. Either other way you think if a parent or sister or husband had filled out a missing form and the information had entered a national data base system... this woman would already have been matched.

I have a 1994 HomePhone nationwide telephone directory on CD. I ran 468 Main St. in Johnson City, NY and it returned three names with that exact address.

So the 468 Main Street address is Johnson City New York, though that building was probably where the vacant lot now sits in the Google Maps view.

If anyone wants to sleuth the three persons whose names were returned, send me a PM and I will give you their names. None of them were named Kelly though.

ETA: I think I found two of the three persons in WhitePages.com. One still lives in Johnson City, and the other lives in nearby Binghamton. The third has a very unusual surname, and I found someone age 29 with the same surname living in Johnson City. He is probably related to the person listed.

I read in the doenetwork listing that she had Left ovary and uterus missing.... i wonder if they mean it was never there or whether she had them removed. Either other way you think if a parent or sister or husband had filled out a missing form and the information had entered a national data base system... this woman would already have been matched.

That caught my attention as well,because I just had my uterus and right ovary removed. Would someone think to include that info in a missing persons report especially back then.
Also there seems to be a receipt or list behind the Kelly page.

The slip of paper with the name "Rusty" on it had a phone number 722-8529.

If we presume that this was the same area code 607 (where Johnson City is located), then the 722 prefix would be Binghamton NY. (or at least it was in 1994). Binghamton is adjacent to Johnson City.

I entered the number 607-722-8529 in the reverse phone directory feature on the CD, and it returned nothing.

ETA: The CD lists nobody in Binghamton named Rusty, and 13 persons named Russell

There was also a Lincoln Hotel in Binghamton. It is now "abandoned".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSXpsteBwVY&feature=youtu.be

Warning: The guy who posted this video appears to have lost a few tiles on re-entry :crazy:

The slip of paper indicating Lincoln Hotel also had a phone number with a 722 prefix, but a reverse phone lookup on 607-722-4012 returned nothing either.

If I had read through the entire thread, I would have seen that it had already been figured out that the Lincoln Hotel was in Binghamton, and the 468 Main Street Address was Johnson City.

Carl, in the "circumstances" section of JD's Namus page, her hair is described as light brown and 4-6 inches long... would you be willing to do an alternate hairstyle/color on your reconstruction?

Carl, in the "circumstances" section of JD's Namus page, her hair is described as light brown and 4-6 inches long... would you be willing to do an alternate hairstyle/color on your reconstruction?

Is this better?

72ef6332-8b88-4ce2-8b90-eddb1bac1ba1.jpg

ETA: I just noticed that she was listed at 150 lbs, so I made her look a little heavier.

TY,CarlK, for giving her a face. I hate it when Doe doesn't. I have tried to clean up the Kelly not to see where the receipt behind it is from. No luck so far. Maybe someone here has more powerful editing software and can pull more out of it. All I got was Hot coco and six pack of something. I can also also see lines and a header I can't read. It looks more like an invoice.Why is it under there? Why is there no pic of it alone?

The slip of paper with the name "Rusty" on it had a phone number 722-8529.

If we presume that this was the same area code 607 (where Johnson City is located), then the 722 prefix would be Binghamton NY. (or at least it was in 1994). Binghamton is adjacent to Johnson City.

I entered the number 607-722-8529 in the reverse phone directory feature on the CD, and it returned nothing.

ETA: The CD lists nobody in Binghamton named Rusty, and 13 persons named Russell

Veromi has a telephone search. I just plugged in an old telephone number of mine which I haven't had for 20 years and my info came up. (Well, it gave my city and state and the rest was pay for with no possible relatives listed).

Are we sure the 607 area code is correct for Johnson City in 1985 when the UID was found? I ask because the area code in my area has changed twice and new area codes have been added due to the expansive need for numbers with cell phones.

Veromi gives 5 listings for 607-722-8529, some with possible relatives listed. however that would do us no good if the ac was different in 1985. (the actual information for the current owner is only available via pay and I am not sure how accurate veromi's pay info is as I have never used it.)

If the ac has not changed for Johnson City and is the same today as in 1985 perhaps we can sleuth by possible relatives.

Also, we aren't sure Rusty's number was from NY are we? It could also have been someone she met in CA or someone she met during her travels from NY to CA.

Re: The Phillips Ins. Note, I am seeing I-5 South or 35 South and then Fla written there! Is that what y'all see? I have found that Interstate 5 runs through California, Washington and Oregon. I am confused about the Fla, though,35 South runs from Mexico to Minnesota :confused: There's also some numbers, the first one I can make out as a two (2)

Here's a pic of the note, alone and I have highlighted what I could see:

Not caught up reading but I see the FL too. In some area's of FL the streets end with a N or NW instead of being marked with street, circle or avenue....

Also, we aren't sure Rusty's number was from NY are we? It could also have been someone she met in CA or someone she met during her travels from NY to CA.

Yes, I'm positive.

My HomePhone CD from 1994 lists the 722 prefix as belonging to Binghamton NY with a 607 Area Code. There were no other area codes listed for Binghamton.

The "Rusty" phone number and the Lincoln Hotel phone number both have a 722 prefix. There was a Lincoln Hotel in Binghamton, and 468 Main Street was an actual address in Johnson City (which is right next to Binghamton). The three names that I got on the CD from 468 Main Street also had phone numbers with a 607 area code.

The "Rusty" phone number and the Lincoln Hotel phone number both have a 722 prefix. There was a Lincoln Hotel in Binghamton, and 468 Main Street was an actual address in Johnson City (which is right next to Binghamton). The three names that I got on the CD from 468 Main Street also had phone numbers with a 607 area code.

The "Rusty" phone number does not have the same prefix as the Lincoln Hotel.

https://identifyus.org/medias/full/1676

Unless I'm losing my sight, the "Rusty" phone number has a 724 prefix, while the Lincoln Hotel has a 722 prefix.

Edit: I found 724 prefix in Binghamton, NY with the 607 area code as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back