2011.01.14 Hearing: Jury Selection Expected To Be Main Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the State did cave in then it says to me that they also share the blame for the blatent disrespect in these courtrooms. Orders disregarded, insults flung, making a mockery of a Judge's orders and attempts to keep order. This is sad to see. A court of law used to be important, now it seems like the very people who swear to obey the court rules are the first to make a joke of them. with this much disrespect now, can you imagine what a joke the trial itself could turn into?

With all due respect, you do not know what they are talking about. Why is everyone so sure that the State is caving in. It is all speculation and usually when speculation is going on, it is wrong.

I think the court is addressing this issue with great respect for the defendant and the law.

Just because the State and the Defense are able to get along does not mean they are making a joke out of the issues. These are adults who do this for a living. Because they are on different sides, does not mean they hate each other.

Now for a really good time....

When video links of hearing are posted, go back and listen V E R Y C A R E F U L L Y to the statements from HHJP directed at both sides, but this time, don't take what he is saying verbatim, but instead "read between the lines"...

Very telling....does anyone really believe that HHJP would direct both sides to LISTEN CAREFULLY as he goes into a long winded discussion as how long their lunch breaks will be??

More convinced than ever that plea hearing is on the horizon.....and based on my interpretation of HHJP comments......two weeks tops!

I want this to go to trial. I lean towards this not happening because of the work not done by JB and because I sometimes think(esp how she does not come to every hearing)that Casey will not sit in trial and let people talk about her around her like that.

More and more I am beginning to feel we have a "hallway at Universal" moment getting ready to happen. Others have said this, I listen to what everyone has to say(and now I feel it for myself) but what I don't know is if it is possible. Meaning is that something she is allowed to do?

I am still unclear as to anything about the SA's side of that issue. I can see what I think JB/Casey might do but they are being professional and so I don't know the ins and outs of that: crazy, now that I know from and can speculate... :)

Well you could be right - How would Casey view the two options? Cop a plea and everyone will know or sit in a trial for 8 weeks and listen to all the testimony and evidence. It's really a "sophie's choice" for Casey, isn't it. Neither option can be appealing to her but she's going to have to do one or the other.

And WOW.....lots of "love" going around in that courtroom today!

Makes me swoon....

JB flipping his color coded chart! THe answer is NOT in there JB.

Okay, back for a bit...

All of a sudden I got a visual with papers flying and a foggy memory

"The answer my friend is Blowing in the Wind...the answer is blowing in the wind...

Maybe there's a plea in the works.

As long as KC admits to murdering her baby and get's LWOP, justice is served, imo.

I would give anything to be a jury for this case.

Me too - but I'm sure on JB's questionnaire there's something about being a blogger, case follower, etc. Can U imagine if I said I've been a member of WS for over 2 years. Poof be gone!

It's a nice pipe dream though!

Mel

If Casey realizes the "truth" is about to come out(anyway). Maybe she has chosen the lesser of two evils by taking a plea and not having to have that all come out in court. Would part of any plea be that Casey would have to stand in public and state what she has done? TIA.

No it seems like all these things are done behind closed doors. Whenever pleas are decided upon I think the negotiations should be in open Court so the public can see what goes into the decision. Justice has to be seen to be done.

With all due respect, you do not know what they are talking about. Why is everyone so sure that the State is caving in. It is all speculation and usually when speculation is going on, it is wrong.

I think the court is addressing this issue with great respect for the defendant and the law.

Just because the State and the Defense are able to get along does not mean they are making a joke out of the issues. These are adults who do this for a living. Because they are on different sides, does not mean they hate each other.
I agree with you.

And for me, the laughing/joking during the hearing doesn't bother me at all. Maybe I'm just screwed up that way.

Now for a really good time....

When video links of hearing are posted, go back and listen V E R Y C A R E F U L L Y to the statements from HHJP directed at both sides, but this time, don't take what he is saying verbatim, but instead "read between the lines"...

Very telling....does anyone really believe that HHJP would direct both sides to LISTEN CAREFULLY as he goes into a long winded discussion as how long their lunch breaks will be??

More convinced than ever that plea hearing is on the horizon.....and based on my interpretation of HHJP comments......two weeks tops!

Yes i do think he would say "listen carefully" because he does intend to shorten the lunch hours if things are moving slowly. He is getting his point across that this trial will move along and that he will cut lunch hours and that he will give them an extra week for jury selection but would like a week.

I don't know why you all read so much into this. You are speculating and probably hoping for something and it is more than likely never going to happen. The plea is up to KC, not the defense. Keep that in mind.:truce:

Wow it really chaps their hide that Amy H. is on a cruise ship... poor Baez must think of his glory days on Geraldo's yacht every time he mentions her...

They better be NICE to Amy H...she's on their List as a Penalty Phase Witness

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-phase-casey-anthony-first-degree-murder-case

The list of penalty phase witnesses provided today does identify Casey Anthony's close family members, including her parents and brother, many friends, ex-boyfriends and others already long associated with the case. Included on that list are familiar names such as Jesse Grund, Ricardo Morales Anthony Rusciano, Anthony Lazzaro and Amy Huizenga.

As far as moving her on a Saturday or Sunday......the 18th is a Friday.....and she could be moved to her new home (prison v jail) that weekend.

I agree with you.

And for me, the laughing/joking during the hearing doesn't bother me at all. Maybe I'm just screwed up that way.

Doesn't bother me either. A case like this needs it because when they get into the particulars it will be heart breaking. If Perry didn't laugh, he would be on Thorazine.

I don't know about you but I highly resent these plea deals, it smacks of laziness to me- if there is a case to be prosecuted just do it, don't offer an escape clause and a lesser sentence so as to be done with it..

:sick:

If a plea deal is in the works it is all about business and budgets ... why spend all of that taxpayer money and time if you can get a conviction. It isn't just about the cost of the Jury, it is the police presence, resources used ... a huge drain. It often makes sense to plea out for the SA.

HOWEVER, I don't see the SA offering anything less than LIFE and to ICA LIFE is as bad as the DP -- since the DP will likely be reduced to LIFE.

The issue I see is, the Defense have nothing to bargain with, the SA have a STRONG case and -- if there is no incentive ICA will just roll the dice in favor of the appeals.

if the State did cave in then it says to me that they also share the blame for the blatent disrespect in these courtrooms. Orders disregarded, insults flung, making a mockery of a Judge's orders and attempts to keep order. This is sad to see. A court of law used to be important, now it seems like the very people who swear to obey the court rules are the first to make a joke of them. with this much disrespect now, can you imagine what a joke the trial itself could turn into?
Once a judge rules on something I wasn't aware the state had the option of just caving in and saying it's okay we changed our mind. That's a really slippery slope isn't it.
I think the defense DNA report is overdue and as long as it is, the SAO won't cave. They'd back off not down for a plea maybe though.

Casey will cop a plea stating Florida's laws make it impossible for her to have a fair and impartial trial. Look how unjustly they treated my boy JB.

She'll throw down the martyr card, as learned from her mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?