TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to point something out as far as the printed true crime material found in BD's room. I have an entire library of true crime books (I'm sure I'm not the only one here). And don't even get me started on my hard drive! I come to this website & a few other true crime sites during my down time. I watch Nancy Grace & Forensic Files most nights. I couldn't hurt a fly..I haven't eaten meat in about 16 years. I would hate to think my penchant for forensics could somehow incriminate me if GOD forbid anything ever happened to anyone I love. .

In addition to our "hobby," if our live-in lover was named a suspect in our loved-one's disappearance, AND if we then defended him to the public/media after he had failed a lie-detector test (Our lover, who shares our "hobby"), AND if we failed a lie-detector test...well, I suspect we would expect the public's opinion of our involvement to be quite mixed.

I think that any place either parent spent a great deal of time on a regular basis, be it a job or a group or a club is relevant due to the people they might encounter or even relatives of co-workers, friends, etc...

Their friends, people that came to their house, where they hung out. All Important. Just now, Elizabeths perp had known the family for years.

IIRC the girl lied to LE because she ran away and didn't want to get in trouble........

Okay-- so this "abduction" was fabricated by the "victim" and did not happen? Is there a link to an article or source, or is this something that the locals have found out? Just asking so we can have clarity about it and can move on to the next theory! :innocent:

Thank you.

When was the first time you were in the house? What DATE? Its interesting that IF Xmas decos were up that they sure came down and got put away really quick-like.

But IF one of my children had gone missing - 2 days after Xmas - you can bet taking those dern lights down and the tree and everything else that's out - down and put away would be the VERY LAST thing on my mind. It would sit.

respectfully snipped.
Since BD/SA are into the dark side of life, do they believe in CHRISTMAS?
or is it just another day to give gifts???
Maybe BD doesn't decorate at all?????
wreath on door?
stickies on windows even?
I myself saw nothing in any photos.

respectfully snipped.
wreath on door?
Me either- yet Hailey posted to her facebook "3 more days" on the 22nd of Dec. Kids are ALWAYS into Xmas. I'm just curious if there was anything at that house to distinguish that it was Xmastime and if there was, when did they come down?

Okay-- so this "abduction" was fabricated by the "victim" and did not happen? Is there a link to an article or source, or is this something that the locals have found out? Just asking so we can have clarity about it and can move on to the next theory! :innocent:

She's discussing the crimestories/hobby/print outs that BD had in her bedroom in a box.These were named and she's reading them,we're looking at the over all picture and mindset in the home.

It was a joke. I was thinking about your posts about the :couch: but obviously no one gets my whacky humor. LOL

Do you feel it's only right for BD to accept donations? Because I have seen plenty of posts on FB about her getting her fair share of things as well.

Personally, I do not like to see any parent making money off of their missing children. It is not a business.

You know ~ I don't see it like that at all. These parents are under stress and are losing time at their jobs. We take food and give money when a child dies, especially in the South - it's a tradition. So it's the same with a missing child.

Neither of these parents is suffering like this for money! JMOO

I do remember a link, but I am so lost, I ca't direct you to it now......sorry.

Someone linked an MSM story upthread. I remember LE did determine that it was a false report because the minor girl had actually run off. moo

Me either- yet Hailey posted to her facebook "3 more days" on the 22nd of Dec. Kids are ALWAYS into Xmas. I'm just curious if there was anything at that house to distinguish that it was Xmastime and if there was, when did they come down?

I saw Hailey's calander that was faithfully X out everyday.......but stopped
3 days before.........wondering why

Let me come out and say I am not very fond of Clint. I approached him at Hailey's Bridge to talk to him and he brushed me off. I have since realized it was probably because I didn't have a TV camera in my hand. In defense of Billie, she has a pretty stable work history..Clint? Not so much. It's just a feeling I get from him and his girlfriend and jmo.

Let me guess, though ~ he knows you are a friend of Billie's right? So from a human nature standpoint, he might not want to talk to you. Or he might have just not have wanted to be interviewed even if you didn't have your camera because he knows you are in the media.

I think we have to cut both parents some slack at this horrible time, especially after they found Elizabeth Ennen the other day. I can't even imagine what all these parents are going through, OMG.

I am not convinced this is the case, given what we know about this area handles runaways. She should have given a description of the car fake or not. If it doesn't match I'd be more inclined to let it go. If it does, well..... coincidence that she made it up and it just happened to match?

ETA, just because she ran away doesn't mean she wasn't also a part of an attempted abduction. I've seen people change their stories just because the realized LE wasn't going to listen to them, later to find out it did in fact happen. She made it from Lubbock to CCity, anything could have happened.

respectfully snipped.
wreath on door?

There are lots of fundamentalist Christians that do not decorate for the holiday. Lots of Christians think Christmas trees are just wrong. Plenty of people just do the Santa thing. For many it's strictly a commercial event. What's normal anymore?

I don't get the whole conversation on decorating or not. :waitasec: Maybe she did and a friend took it down. Maybe she didn't.

BBM

I think they both have. But perhaps if CD is getting more "cash donations", it's because people really don't believe in BD.

He wasn't the one that opened the door and invited the "suspect" in to live with HD, either.

I don't think any parent should profit off of their missing child. I'm not saying these two are. I'm just saying none should. JMO

I am not convinced this is the case, given what we know about this area handles runaways. She should have given a description of the car fake or not. If it doesn't match I'd be more inclined to let it go. If it does, well..... coincidence that she made it up and it just happened to match?

ETA, just because she ran away doesn't mean she wasn't also a part of an attempted abduction. I've seen people change their stories just because the realized LE wasn't going to listen to them, later to find out it did in fact happen. She made it from Lubbock to CCity, anything could have happened.

After talking with a witness and the girl, investigators believed the girl to be a runaway from Lubbock and began questioning the kidnapping claim, said Trooper Sparky Dean, an Abilene-area DPS spokesman.

The 15-year-old, whose name was not released due to her age, could face a misdemeanor charge of filing a false report to a police officer, Dean said

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/2011-01-09/missing-girl-investigators-find-lubbock-teen

I honestly don't know a lot of Texans. I am going to apologise in advance if I offend anyone.

I was once seated next to a guy from Texas on a very long...long..... flight. His speech patterns almost literally drove me insane. He talked super slow, and everything was convoluted like Kampfer's statement above. I'm from New Jersey, (south) here, we talk really fast and use as few words as possible to get our point across. We are an impatiant bunch, and he seemed more than relaxed and certainly knew how to take his time and ramble.

When I called the Pizza Hut to order pizzas for the searchers, I was a little stunned at just how friendly the guy was & how long it took to order. That was rather nice. VERY different from here.

Then I got to thinking .....when I was listening to Billie on NG...and Clint....Kampfer in the presser and it finally hit me. Maybe this is the way EVERYONE in Texas talks? :waitasec: YES? NO?

Most Southerners do take their time and speak in a slower way. I went to New York as a high school senior and when I came home after a week my family asked me why I was talking so fast, LOL. And I noticed that restaurants are so impersonal and expect you to order quickly in the Northeast, whereas here waiters and restaurant staff are super patient when people can't make up their minds. Just regional differences.

Very interesting about possible storage containers. But, IMO BD is not the decorating type.

Yes...PK "cleaned house" as he likes to boast. Made lots of cuts in the PD and Fire Dept due to "budget restraints" but he sure didn't turn down a 10% raise for himself. It came out awhile back that he likes to plagarize...he was copying articles word for word for the local paper and claiming them as his own. He is not well liked by anyone in this town, or anywhere else he has worked for that matter.

redcat, I don't think he's well liked 'round these here parts, neither. :giggle:

I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't understand trying to make CD look like a bad guy. She didn't disappear from his house. It's not him and his GF who have failed poly's. The police are not looking his direction. I don't get it.

Sorry...but I was just sharing my thoughts and impressions from meeting him. And as far as I know, he and his girlfriend have never taken a polygraph. It just seems like Billie has been picked to pieces, and Clint has been painted as a saint, and I don't think that's really fair or accurate. Again, just my personal opinion. I do admire him for going out and handing out flyers, buttons etc for Hailey, and I don't doubt he loves Hailey very much and is devastated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa