TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not necessarily true. We don't know everything told to LE by everyone.

They would have included anything in the affidavit that supported probable cause. If family members were claiming that HD was afraid or had been threatened, and that information had been communicated to them by HD herself, LE would have put it in the affidavit provided that those family members would be willing to make a sworn statement to that effect. So, the fact that we don't see them in the affidavit indicates that they came up only after SA became the center of the investigation. Since the people saying these things are folk who didn't like SA in the first place, it creates a credibility issue. It may well be that HD just didnt like SA, and said that, but these people have since amplified and elaborated that in their minds to make things fit their opinion of what happened.

It doesn't mean that HD didn't tell them these things, but certainly it puts a question mark over it.

Good question.
Deer hunter lives here. Guns are in the house, four wheeler in the shed...small knives are usually in the gun cabinet...all other junk,(IMO) is in the shed or in the truck and sometimes in each closet I look in,lol, it is everywhere...of course he has nothing unusual to hunt with....except that deer scent stuff..........gag.

The uncle mentioned the chainsaw issue, SAs youtube channel mentioned the deer and chainsaws before it disappeared. I wonder what chainsaw he used for this particular hobby, where it was located, and where it is currently.

Just My Opinion

I can't get over or past the idea that it's never been reported the the only named suspects properties haven't been turned upside down looking for evidence in this case. No matter who spins SA's innocence including his lawyer. If LE can't clear the last person reported to have seen her, well I just have no words.

I can't understand not obtaining a search warrant under terms of "imminent danger or child endangerment" in searching for Hailey. I understand the suspect has rights but think there's enough been said to obtain a search warrant for much needed information.

If SA went through the process of being cleared by LE it would go a long way. He just can't do this for the love of his life? For all I know Hailey could be tied up in SA's storm cellar. IMO LE hasn't made it to first base yet and any evidence that could have existed maybe destroyed.

I also don't imagine that LE didn't try but was blocked by a judge somewhere.

Frustrates me no end. BD at the least could be encouraging SA to be a man.

JMO and no links, just sayin it how it comes out.

Frankly, I don't understand this either.

The uncle mentioned the chainsaw issue, SAs youtube channel mentioned the deer and chainsaws before it disappeared. I wonder what chainsaw he used for this particular hobby, where it was located, and where it is currently.

Living in Texas, I've been around many deer hunters and I have NEVER heard of anyone using a chainsaw on a deer. Perhaps a small saw of sorts once you get to the "dressing out the deer" stage (or whatever it's called), but not a chainsaw.

They would have included anything in the affidavit that supported probable cause. If family members were claiming that HD was afraid or had been threatened, and that information had been communicated to them by HD herself, LE would have put it in the affidavit provided that those family members would be willing to make a sworn statement to that effect. So, the fact that we don't see them in the affidavit indicates that they came up only after SA became the center of the investigation. Since the people saying these things are folk who didn't like SA in the first place, it creates a credibility issue. It may well be that HD just didnt like SA, and said that, but these people have since amplified and elaborated that in their minds to make things fit their opinion of what happened.

It doesn't mean that HD didn't tell them these things, but certainly it puts a question mark over it.

I would question anyone who would refuse to let someone search for a child on their property and especially one they loved "with all their heart."

I'm concerned with the 2.5 hours that SA's cell phone did NOT ping. There is a map of an area just south of CC that someone posted, which is a dead area as far as cell phone access. There is also a direct FM road going to that area from CC which connects to another FM road that leads right to Big Spring.

Which brings me to the question, will a cell phone ping if it is simply turned off with the battery still in it? I have tried to research this information and some experts say yes it will and some say no it won't. Does anyone know for sure?

Someone posted coverage maps for the area way back. Btw, there are just too many posts in all these threads to find old info, this case really needs subforums. IIRC most of the area is covered, but perhaps some of the locals can chime in since they would know.

The impression I got from the affidavit is that the cell pings were for calls and texts made on the phones. They may not have had data for the complete ping history when they wrote up the search warrant affidavit, so it appears that there are gaps when maybe there are not. Remember, there are two phones involved, they don't provide complete history for either. For example, no ping history is provided for when we know these people were in Snyder, or later that evening.

I think it is pretty unlikely that the batteries had been removed from both phones over much of the day and that would not have merited comment in the affidavit. Which is why I think the pings in the affidavit are for actual calls/texts only.

An aunt living in another state is not going to be the first person that LE goes to interview. At the start they were thinking runaway, and interviewing locals.
Then SA jumped out at them as a prime potential suspect, just for the profile alone. Last to see Hailey, live in BF, does drugs, wears death masks for fun.

By the time they figured that out they went and got warrants with the stuff they already had. No need to add 3rd hand info from out of town relatives to get the warrants imo. That is stuff that will be used in court if the people testify or at the very least, the Grand Jury, where rules are lax.

I'm wondering if the chainsaw might be one of the items they removed from the shed?

Search organizers have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Saturday in Colorado City to discuss their cause.
Billie Dunn said she planned to attend the event and remind people to keep looking for her daughter. The 13-year-old girl was last seen leaving her Colorado City home on Dec. 27 and was reported missing the next day by her mother, Billie Dunn. BBM

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=338856

Wonder if that happened and if BD attended?

I see what you're saying. I think though that a lot of times LE puts as little as they need in the affidavit; just enough to compel the approval of the search warrant. In this case, they had it without revealing incriminating circumstantial evidence that might prove strategic later; keep as much under wraps as possible. Having said that, it's entirely possible that nobody ever said anything to LE about these things that are coming out now; you might well be right. We just don't know if they did or didn't. Add that to the list of answers we wish we had!!! Primarily, where is HAILEY???

Someone posted coverage maps for the area way back. Btw, there are just too many posts in all these threads to find old info, this case really needs subforums. IIRC most of the area is covered, but perhaps some of the locals can chime in since they would know.

The impression I got from the affidavit is that the cell pings were for calls and texts made on the phones. They may not have had data for the complete ping history when they wrote up the search warrant affidavit, so it appears that there are gaps when maybe there are not. Remember, there are two phones involved, they don't provide complete history for either. For example, no ping history is provided for when we know these people were in Snyder, or later that evening.

I think it is pretty unlikely that the batteries had been removed from both phones over much of the day and that would not have merited comment in the affidavit. Which is why I think the pings in the affidavit are for actual calls/texts only.

Thank you and I agree, I don't think the batteries were removed either. I'm just wondering if SA turned his cell phone off, would it still ping? I've read yes and I've read no, so I'm totally confused. I'll see if I can find a link to the map about the dead zone area.

I wonder if SA could have stopped for something to eat while in C-City? It would be interesting to find out if any of the fast food places were open that early. This could explain why it took so long to get through C-City. I don't know the area at all, would the other towns he frequented that morning have fast food places, and if so, are they open that early?

I'm not offering a defense for the guy, just trying to find an explanation for him being in C-City that doesn't involve stopping by the house. There is no reason it should have taken him 21 minutes to just drive through the town.

Search organizers have called a press conference for 11 a.m. Saturday in Colorado City to discuss their cause.
Billie Dunn said she planned to attend the event and remind people to keep looking for her daughter. The 13-year-old girl was last seen leaving her Colorado City home on Dec. 27 and was reported missing the next day by her mother, Billie Dunn. BBM

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=338856

Wonder if that happened and if BD attended?

Yes it did happen and yes BD was there. I don't have a link to anything yet, but my boss did get an interview with Billie.

I would question anyone who would refuse to let someone search for a child on their property and especially one they loved "with all their heart."

SA doesnt have any property as far as I know, so he is not in a position to give permission for anything.

In any case, those searches are not to find Hailey, they are to find anything that might be construed as implicating him, even if it is unrelated. Implicit in the desire to search in specific locations is the acusation that he murdered her and dumped the body there. He knows this as does everyone else around him.

Thank you and I agree, I don't think the batteries were removed either. I'm just wondering if SA turned his cell phone off, would it still ping? I've read yes and I've read no, so I'm totally confused. I'll see if I can find a link to the map about the dead zone area.

If the batteries are in, the phone is working as far as I know. At least that is what my phone does. It could be that varies from model to model though.

I wonder if SA could have stopped for something to eat while in C-City? It would be interesting to find out if any of the fast food places were open that early. This could explain why it took so long to get through C-City. I don't know the area at all, would the other towns he frequented that morning have fast food places, and if so, are they open that early?

I'm not offering a defense for the guy, just trying to find an explanation for him being in C-City that doesn't involve stopping by the house. There is no reason it should have taken him 21 minutes to just drive through the town.

We don't have a big variety..Dairy Queen, Sonic and they open fairly early.

Yes it did happen and yes BD was there. I don't have a link to anything yet, but my boss did get an interview with Billie.
Did he ask her why she didn't go to the balloon release?

lets see...

shawn .... "Has anybody ever went ape* and created a real life Halloween???? I mean went as far as throwing on the mask, coveralls and just massacred some ppl???"

billie.... "shawn went to work on December 27 at 6am to quit his job..cleaned out his locker..turn in his coveralls..and left around 6:30am"

coincidence?

nah...

kiss....

jmo

Just now catching up, but wanted to say that I do not think there are any coincidences where crime is concerned. Just MOO, though. And I am speaking of crime in general.

Of course he'd be in a job that required coveralls-- I hope LE has every pair he owned.

Maybe he went to work to try to grab someone elses coveralls? He did not have the chance as the supervisor was already there!

MOO

*Now I will stop posting until I have gotten completely caught up! I have been running a marathon trying to catch up on these fast moving threads. Puff! Puff!

That's all in the affidavit:

According to Roger OSTRANDER, Hailey DUNN’s maternal uncle, after Hailey DUNN’s disappearance, ADKINS and OSTRANDER were speaking about the disappearance and OSTRANDER stated he could not believe anybody would hurt a 13 year old little girl, to which ADKINS replied, “yah, it’s like killing a deer

Del OSTRANDER indicated ADKINS talked often about how he kills deer and cuts them up with a chainsaw. OSTRANDER also indicated ADKINS was obsessed with horror / slasher movies, and watches them daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase