TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible he was abducted? Is there a lot of traffic in the area?

Oh God, I just have such a horrible feeling about this little angel baby. He's so little.

Who else was in the home last night? Did they see Joshua?

The parents are so young. And another baby on the way.

I had a baby at 20, 21, and 22 years of age. I was young, and had PPD UNdiagnosed after the second one, that turned into antepartum depression while pg with my 3rd. It is a serious situation, I was a hot mess. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a situation like that, help is so easy to get, if you realize you need it:twocents: (Which I didn't realize, I was a hot mess! BUT Thank GOD for my wonderful DH!!!)

It just seems so odd that he could have just disapeared in 20 mins time......

I know he is not a suspect, but I cant beleive they let a guy who has sexually assaulted an 8 and 9 year old living near children! He may have done his time for these crimes but I beleive they should NEVER just be allowed to live anywhere within the general public communities.

I hope they checked out whomever left the home in the period between seeing him & discovering he was missing.

Poor little guy:(

Missing toddler: Wandered off or abducted?
Posted on February 6, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Updated today at 12:23 AM

SAN ANTONIO -- Both the family of an 18 month old New Braunfels boy and law enforcement desperately searched for the missing child. However, their theories on why the toddler is missing is different.

As of Saturday evening, authorities continue to treat this case as a search and rescue effort.

Investigators suspect the child may have wandered from his home after a family friend left Friday night. The family fears an abductor may be behind the child's disappearance.

more here + video

http://www.kens5.com/news/Missing-toddler-Wandered-off-or-abducted--115405634.html

My daughters were born when I was 18 and 19. Both with special needs of their own. My youngest escaped when she was 3 due to those special needs. I was out of the room for 2 minutes and she was gone. I did find her on my own outside, but it did take 20 minutes and I was dialing 911 when I found her.

I DO realize kids can get away fast and vanish quickly.

I DO realize I am incredibly lucky to have a very protective hound dog who ran straight to my child when she escaped.

I am just not understanding in this case why the dogs haven't led to him... or why he hasn't been found. Just like in Emmett's case I never understood how they didn't find him in time. Other than they did not have enough searchers in his case.

In this baby's case it doesn't sound like they are optimistic... if they are refusing to let volunteers help anymore. They let them help search for the first 24 hours but have said they can't help Sunday. That the search is moving into a different "phase".

That tells me they don't believe he would survive this 2nd night out there and they believe they are looking for a body... which they don't want a volunteer to find. All understandable given his size, age and the weather.

If they were still looking for a live child, I believe they would still let volunteers look in order to have the most people looking.

http://kgnb.am/news/joshua-davis-st...-suspended-uniform-search-continues-overnight

I had a baby at 20, 21, and 22 years of age. I was young, and had PPD UNdiagnosed after the second one, that turned into antepartum depression while pg with my 3rd. It is a serious situation, I was a hot mess. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a situation like that, help is so easy to get, if you realize you need it:twocents: (Which I didn't realize, I was a hot mess! BUT Thank GOD for my wonderful DH!!!)

It just seems so odd that he could have just disapeared in 20 mins time......

Police say child is very mobile and it is conceivable that he left the house on his own and took off running, covering a short area in a short period of time.
Throughout the evening, the glass front door was open.

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_27b09820-3166-11e0-a076-001cc4c002e0.html

Dad thinks he was abducted because he never wanders off?

He's 18 months old, it's not like he's had a lot of time to wander off.

The child is asthmatic and needs breathing treatments how often?

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_4901.shtml?wap=0&

These two statements seem to contradict, to me. I realize that being mobile doesn't mean you wander. But is it likely that an asthmatic child took off running and got far away?

"There was one of his toy balls found at the end of the block," said Lee J., family friend. "It was on top of some mailboxes. There's no way he got it up there by himself."

http://herald-zeitung.com/news/community_alert/article_f3907074-3188-11e0-a507-001cc4c03286.html

“As of right now we have nothing that would indicate to us that there’s any type of foul play or an actual abduction.” http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...s-volunteers-join/AeyQVA2MWUOBLEwjoBzTjg.cspx

Also contradictory, IMO. Ruled out and/or not considering foul play or an abduction, but the ball was up on the mailboxes and couldn't have gotten there by itself? Is it possible the ball was in the road, and a passerby just picked it up to get it out of the road?

I'm not saying the contradictions mean anything. Likely just poor reporting at this point, I think. I hope little Josh is safe and warm somewhere tonight.

Another picture of sweet little Joshua

JOSHUA-DAVIS-18MONTHS-NEWBRAUNFELS-TEXAS-pic3-04FEBRUARY2011.jpg

The search for Josh Davis, a missing 18-month old New Braunfels toddler, will continue through the over night hours by NBPD and various professional Search and Rescue teams. The volunteer search, however has been suspended as of 6p this evening, and police officials say they will not utilize volunteer searchers tomorrow, opting instead to use specialized search teams targeting specific areas. Police officials say the volunteer effort up to this point has been very helpful and appreciated, but the search is moving into a different phase, and those volunteers will not be needed again Sunday morning.

http://kgnb.am/news/joshua-davis-st...-suspended-uniform-search-continues-overnight

the bolded part i dont understand???.....wouldnt they want as much help as they could get??....if i were the parents i would be very upset and beg people to keep looking....am i missing something here?

I don't even know what to say, this is so awful. We are having freakishly cold weather in TX right now, this is like the worst time this could have happened.

I remember a story about a little boy wandering off, and it didn't look good, and then he was found with a dog. The theory was he was curled up with the dog and that's how he survived. I keep hoping something like this will happen, but it doesn't look good with this boy being out for a second night.

yes....this is why LE shouldnt give up and think its to cold for him to be alive still.....(if that is what they are thinking) LE should continue to let volunteers search for him.....who knows where he is....he could have crawled into a small hole someplace....

im so sad :(

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...4arizona-missing-boy-search-emmett-trapp.html

Emmett Trapp. This is the reason why I think the little guy may have run off, although it is hard to believe that a little guy like this could elude searchers for so long.
I really think the neighbor needs to be looked at very closely.

This little guy was two years old....

quote: Emmett slipped out of the family residence while his mother and siblings were napping, then followed a three-mile course through desert washes and thick brush, Newmun said. After wandering in a partial semi-circle - at least some of the time within view of houses - he collapsed about a mile from where he started.

Newmun said bloodhounds had picked up the boy's scent near the house Monday but could not keep on it. He said trackers located occasional signs but were unable to stay with the child's tortured trail through rocky and brushy terrain.

the bolded part i dont understand???.....wouldnt they want as much help as they could get??....if i were the parents i would be very upset and beg people to keep looking....am i missing something here?

One of the articles linked upthread (herald-zeitung.com) stated LE is going to search "the more difficult areas to access"....they sent volunteers home tonite because they didn't want anyone to get hurt.

He said there is one unsearched section. “We’re coordinating with the property owner and should be covering it tomorrow.”

He said the search plan for tomorrow is to concentrate on the more difficult areas to access. “Tomorrow is going to be more of a targeted search rather than the broad grid search that we’ve been conducting for the past day.”

I guess that there could be folks out looking in unorganized searches around the neighborhood....I know I would be if I lived there.

One of the articles linked upthread (herald-zeitung.com) stated LE is going to search "the more difficult areas to access"....they sent volunteers home tonite because they didn't want anyone to get hurt.

He said there is one unsearched section. “We’re coordinating with the property owner and should be covering it tomorrow.”

He said the search plan for tomorrow is to concentrate on the more difficult areas to access. “Tomorrow is going to be more of a targeted search rather than the broad grid search that we’ve been conducting for the past day.”

I guess that there could be folks out looking in unorganized searches around the neighborhood....I know I would be if I lived there.

thanks mist!!...you are so great about linking the news.....thank you for doing that!!

I understand they want to concentrate on a more difficult area...and it got dark for volunteers....but to ask them to stay home tomorrow....i dont understand that......why not have volunteers go over the same area again or have them spread out farther.....as i mentioned on another post above....that two year old boy...traveled three miles.....it just seems odd that its only been since fridaynight that he went missing...and they are asking volunteers to stay home.....they could even have them pass out flyers around town.....stop traffic to see if anyone had seen anything around that area that night.....stuff like that.....gosh...its only been a little more then 24hrs since he went missing......the first few hours and days is when they need to hit it hard with volunteers....

i dont like to question LE....i hate to do that.....but i just dont understand this time....LE is still saying they think he has wonderd off....

thanks mist!!...you are so great about linking the news.....thank you for doing that!!

I understand they want to concentrate on a more difficult area...and it got dark for volunteers....but to ask them to stay home tomorrow....i dont understand that......why not have volunteers go over the same area again or have them spread out farther.....as i mentioned on another post above....that two year old boy...traveled three miles.....it just seems odd that its only been since fridaynight that he went missing...and they are asking volunteers to stay home.....they could even have them pass out flyers around town.....stop traffic to see if anyone had seen anything around that area that night.....stuff like that.....gosh...its only been a little more then 24hrs since he went missing......the first few hours and days is when they need to hit it hard with volunteers....

i dont like to question LE....i hate to do that.....but i just dont understand this time....LE is still saying they think he has wonderd off....

Maybe they didn't mean "stay home" as in do nothing...maybe they meant "don't show up at the elementary school" for an organized search....just thinking out loud here & trying to understand LE talk, KWIM?

I totally understand what you're saying - it's depressing to think they are doing 'recovery' vs. 'rescue' now....and what would it hurt for folks to hand out flyers or walk thru the fields or up & down the streets again...tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid-60's - another pretty day like today so hopefully some folks will do a second look.

WOW, another heart breaker and I hate it. I can see this one ending badly.

I do want to say an eighteen-month old is fully capable of running off, probably a lot further than LE thinks. I had one do it about that age and all of us (6) were home. In a very short period of time, 20, maybe less, minutes he had opened the door, left the house, crossed a good-sized parking lot, and got halfway up a long block before a neighbor spotted him and brought him home and he wasn't wearing any shoes. I BELIEVE SAR NEEDS TO EXPAND THEIR SEARCH PARAMETERS; HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN FOUND, SOME ALIVE, SLIGHTLY BEYOND THE GRIDS THEY'VE SET UP?

Secondly, I want to say I had a daughter less than 2 feet tall who was running at 8 months old. At Church she disappeared in a sea of legs when it was time to go home. NEVER underestimate the abilities of young children.

This is so sad.

Any news? TIA And, bump...This BABY needs to be found.

Any news? TIA And, bump...This BABY needs to be found.

Nothing yet, PMLsmom...the presser was to start a few minutes ago (8a.m.CT) - so hopefully any minute now we'll have an update.

Texas Mist, thanks for keeping us up to date. I had to re listen to this video. They said they think he left after a friend of the family had just left the home. (may not be word for word) I have not read any thing else about someone just leaving the home. I am sure LE has questioned that person. No matter how this little boy got out of the home it can not have a good ending, it is too cold for such a little one to be outside this long.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Missing-to...115405634.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members