Meredith Kercher murdered - Amanda Knox convicted, now appeals #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Did anyone watch the movie tonight ?

On now is "Behind the Headlines: The AK Story" on Lifetime Channel.

Hope
what did you think? I watched it.

The documentary was better.
Barbie Nadeau made some interesting comments. The story about Amanda being HIV positive (when she really wasn't) and how the Dr. told her to make a list of sexual partners and then leaked it all to the press.. well,
- Barbie confirmed the fact that it was law enforcement who leaked Amanda's sensitive information.. her diaries/journals to the media.
- She confirmed (again) that Rudy made a deal with the prosecution.
- In reference to the bra clasp, she called it "shoddy" police work ..

there was more but I can't remember right now, I'll have to think about it

I don't know why they even aired it in the first place both families did not want this to be shown.

I can totally understand why Meredith's family did not want this to be shown.

I think they should have just shown the Documentary instead of showing the film.

I don't know why they even aired it in the first place both families did not want this to be shown.

I can totally understand why Meredith's family did not want this to be shown.

I think they should have just shown the Documentary instead of showing the film.

As far as life time movies go, I think this was quite a good one.

Barbie Nadeau made some interesting comments. The story about Amanda being HIV positive (when she really wasn't) and how the Dr. told her to make a list of sexual partners and then leaked it all to the press.. well,
- Barbie confirmed the fact that it was law enforcement who leaked Amanda's sensitive information.. her diaries/journals to the media.

Can you give a little more information about the deal that the prosecutor made with Rudy? What are the details?

NO, because there wasn't a deal. :banghead:

I know there wasn't a deal, but it has been posted a couple of times that Rudy's sentence was reduced because he made a deal with the prosecutor. Since that incorrect information continues to be posted, I think we have to see the links and the details in order to sort out the truth. Barring that, I think we can revert to the truth ... that being that Rudy's sentence was reduced to 24 years to match the sentences of the co-accused, and then further reduced by 1/3, according to law, per the fast track option.

I know you do otto. Just setting the 'record' straight.

I know you do otto. Just setting the 'record' straight.

We've discussed, in great detail, the reasons why Rudy's sentence was reduced. I posted links to Italian law, and links to comments made by lawyers (that are involved in the case) explaining the reasons for Rudy's sentence being adjusted from 30 years to 16 years. After a little time passes, up pops the claim again that Rudy's sentence was reduced because of some other reason ... in this case referencing Barbie Nadeau as a source for claiming that Rudy's sentence was reduced because he made a deal with the prosecutor.

There are no deals for reduced sentences in Italy. Suggesting that there was a deal is meant to do two things. In the first instance, it is intended to imply that Rudy implicated Knox and Sollecito only because he got a reduced sentence, and secondly, to suggest that the two prosecutors are corrupt and made an illegal deal.

Meredith in music video shortly before she was murdered by Amanda Knox, Raffaele Sollectio and Rudy Guede.

[video=youtube;_B7qGMtyDIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B7qGMtyDIg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The movie was good, but the documentary was better. I guess I prefer the "real" videos, news, etc.

As to Rudy, he had to have made some kind of deal.

What I would like to know is more about the "connection" between Rudy Guede and Amanda.

I no longer subscribe to cable TV so I don't get any of those channels. Hopefully I'll find the movie and documentary online. Lifetime runs some of their movies on their site, but no idea if this one will be added or not.

Pardon the intrusion -- it feels like I'm entering a private conversation. In the previous thread Otto wrote (post 287):

I wonder if these are necessarily the only two options. It seems to me at least one other possibility is a selfish, thoughtless, twenty year old who could be irresponsible and prefer hanging out and smoking some pot or drinking to working, and who maybe couldn't see out of her own bubble well enough to be attuned to others around her or understand how her actions appeared to others. Which sort of sounds like an awful lot of ordinary twenty year olds who are self-absorbed without being sociopathic.

I'm not defending AK or her actions (if these second- and third-hand reports are true), just trying to offer other possible interpretations.

Saw both Lifetime shows last night.... this is my first post on this topic... After watching many Campus PD shows, and then seeing the Lifetime AK shows - they go hand-in-hand. AK would fit right in with... Amazing how immature and illiterate the college kids on Campus PD are when it comes to dealing with police here in the US! These kids lie at the drop of a hat!
I can only image how this would go over in a foreign country….

After seeing the documentary, I thought the movie was done really well.

So one of the first things Knox/Mellas did was hire a PR company that deals with media, but they didn't have any intention of using that service to get on numerous TV programs to talk about their daughter's innocence?

I don't think the prosecutors hired a PR firm.

The prosecutor didn't need a PR firm. He had a lurid story to tell, misinformation to divulge, diaries to secretly release, etc. The parents were left to combat a barrage of pre-trial publicity in a foreign country and often in a language they didn't speak.

Because I share a TV with two other family members, I couldn't watch or tape the movie last night. (I'm taping a rebroadcast later in the week.)

But I did see about 15 minutes of it between 9:45 and 10 p.m., and I have a question.

The film shows RS calmly telling a single, very gentle interrogator that AK left his apartment at 9pm and didn't return until 1am.

We've all heard that RS said he couldn't be sure of AK's whereabouts all night, but this is the first I've heard of him giving a precise timeframe during which she was away. If this actually happened, I can't believe otto, dgfred and flourish wouldn't have mentioned it.

Does anyone have any idea where the filmmakers got this alleged testimony?

1- We were together all night surfing the computer. (initial alibi)
2- Not sure if AK left or not. (confusion)
3- AK left and returned about 1am. (threw AK under the bus, which caused her to accuse Patrick)
4- Back to the 'we were together all night'.
5- Maybe there is something on the computer that shows we were there all night... so that is what we did. (Reverse back to the original alibi)

*Just pick one, IMO that is what his defense has been doing. :innocent:

Because I share a TV with two other family members, I couldn't watch or tape the movie last night. (I'm taping a rebroadcast later in the week.)

But I did see about 15 minutes of it between 9:45 and 10 p.m., and I have a question.

The film shows RS calmly telling a single, very gentle interrogator that AK left his apartment at 9pm and didn't return until 1am.

We've all heard that RS said he couldn't be sure of AK's whereabouts all night, but this is the first I've heard of him giving a precise timeframe during which she was away. If this actually happened, I can't believe otto, dgfred and flourish wouldn't have mentioned it.

Does anyone have any idea where the filmmakers got this alleged testimony?

:seeya:I'm not an expert on this case or even all the way off the fence yet...I caught bits of the movie but haven't watched the whole thing yet. I don't know whether or not that piece was accurate. And, LOL, otto, dgfred, and I aren't some sort of conglomerate, we just tend to agree with each other a lot:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv