State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where is the wrapping? He was that neat that nothing got on anything? When did he clean and vaccum the car that night? How come no one saw him do it? There must be someone somewhere that saw something? You think he left the girls home alone all those hours to do this immaculant cleaning job, hide a body in a muddy area where no one noticed his car. Just the nosy neighbors, no one saw him pull out of the garage and drive away from the house with her body? There are too many ifs. I think you lost your case.

How long and to what detail have you been following this case:waitasec:

"Plausible" being the key word.

Good luck with that ;)

Two things, JTF. How accessible was that area for his small vehicle? Who is going to courthouse today? I might try to go by there if I can push some things around.

Two things, JTF. How accessible was that area for his small vehicle? Who is going to courthouse today? I might try to go by there if I can push some things around.

The road and cul de sac was actually paved in 2008 (no houses or starts).
I don't think I can stand to hear Kurtz today, especially knowing that he has known all all along about this very incriminating evidence. In my book, he has just fallen to the level of scum.

You drove down Brittaby Ct and the cul de sac swings to the left, very concealed.

I don't think I can stand to hear Kurtz today, especially knowing that he has known all all along about this very incriminating evidence. In my book, he has just fallen to the level of scum.

Thanks for answering my question. I have one other question: Were the google maps in 2008 for that area different than today's google map. In today's google maps, fielding is not in the center of that area code search. As for Kurtz, I see it that he is just doing his job of defending BC.

As far as scoping the site out prior, correct me if I'm wrong but the original 2008 google shot did not show the roads paved, correct? So, unless he had been there prior, he wouldn't had known the roads were paved.

It's very likely he drove by it previously since I don't think he would take the chance of driving on dirt roads. I can see a scenario where he was in the area at some point previously (could be for innocent reasons too) and then when the bad thoughts got in his head, he looked it up on the map to confirm where it was at. This would explain also why it only took 41 seconds (just needed to look quickly to see where the area was in relation to his house).

Thanks for answering my question. I have one other question: Were the google maps in 2008 for that area different than today's google map. In today's google maps, fielding is not in the center of that area code search. As for Kurtz, I see it that he is just doing his job of defending BC.

Zellinger showed the 2007 and 2008 version and they were slightly different.
As I recall, they looked very close to the current version...shows unpaved roads.

Yes, Kurtz is being paid well for doing his chosen job. My opinion of defense attorneys changes when it appears obvious they are fighting hard to free a guilty man...JMO

As I recall, they looked very close to the current version...shows unpaved roads.

Yes, Kurtz is being paid well for doing his chosen job. My opinion of defense attorneys changes when it appears obvious they are fighting hard to free a guilty man...JMO

Some defense attorneys truly believe in whatever they are presenting in front of the court. Others are more against the 'system'. Either way, if there were no defense attorneys, trials would probably be pretty dull affairs.

As far as scoping the site out prior, correct me if I'm wrong but the original 2008 google shot did not show the roads paved, correct? So, unless he had been there prior, he wouldn't had known the roads were paved.

It's very likely he drove by it previously since I don't think he would take the chance of driving on dirt roads. I can see a scenario where he was in the area at some point previously (could be for innocent reasons too) and then when the bad thoughts got in his head, he looked it up on the map to confirm where it was at. This would explain also why it only took 41 seconds (just needed to look quickly to see where the area was in relation to his house).

I agree, very likely he drove by there at some point in his planning stage.
If you pull the 3 mile radius map from his house, that cul-de-sac stands out as one of the more obvious accessible, yet secluded locations available.

Capture-7.jpg

Yeah, I think they should be more obvious for folks like us, jeopardize the whole system and send it's already defunct processes into oblivion! That makes sense.

I remember death threats in the Knox County Massacre and how badly those people didn't want to be there.

On some level, you have to remember, no matter what it is, whether they want to be there or not, the defense attorney's role is simply a job. I think Kurtz and Trenkle have done an excellent job for all in keeping the appeal information solid, on the record and away from taking years and years to process.

If you pull the 3 mile radius map from his house, that cul-de-sac stands out as one of the more obvious accessible, yet secluded locations available.

Capture-6.jpg

Actually on your map, the cul-de-sac where she was found is the in the far right (it's not the unpaved portion). You can barely see it on yours.

I'd like to know (from anyone who was there yesterday) how far zoomed in did the image go?

Capture-6.jpg

I will have to go back and read again re: the timeline but it doesn't appear that he would have had to use Cary Pkwy to get there. It seems there is a much quicker way to get to that area Lily Atkins Rd. Which would seem a less populated route?

Kelly

Capture-6.jpg

Just to clarify for others, JTF (I know you know this), the dirt cul-de-sacs on your map are not where Nancy was found, those are newer roads in the same development.

I'll correct my photo.....when i pasted it, it cropped too much area.

Yeah, I think they should be more obvious for folks like us, jeopardize the whole system and send it's already defunct processes into oblivion! That makes sense.

I remember death threats in the Knox County Massacre and how badly those people didn't want to be there.

On some level, you have to remember, no matter what it is, whether they want to be there or not, the defense attorney's role is simply a job. I think Kurtz and Trenkle have done an excellent job for all in keeping the appeal information solid, on the record and away from taking years and years to process.

Thanks for the lecture jf, but I know what the role of a defense attorney is in our system of justice. Doesn't mean I have to like their tactics when I feel they are using the 'system' to free a cold blooded killer. Again, JMO.

Thanks for the lecture jf, but I know what the role of a defense attorney is in our system of justice. Doesn't mean I have to like their tactics when I feel they are using the 'system' to free a cold blooded killer. Again, JMO.

I agree. (It wasn't REALLY a lecture...but the next few lines are....kidding)

It's a requirement for the system. Think of my opinion like this. (This is going to sound cold and emotionless.)

People like Brad Cooper (and ALL of our other favorite folks) provide countless jobs and paychecks around our country. Without their actions and predicaments, the world would actually be safe, calm and collective.

My opinion of defense attorneys and prosecutors changed drastically with the Duke Lacrosse case. That case is not an anomaly. Just look at the number of prisoner's freed based on DNA to KNOW that prosecutors & PD lie and railroad. I would much rather a hundred guilty go free than an innocent be imprisoned for something they didn't do.

Don't get me wrong -- I want the guilty held accountable but I no longer trust prosecutors as I once (naively) did.

If Kurtz wasn't using 'tactics' an appeal might be granted on the basis of ineffective counsel.

@JTF

Thanks for posting the photo! I have been following this case pretty closely since 2008, and I have seen this before, but looking at your picture really brings how close, yet secluded that place is... IMO he did not think she would be found for MONTHS there. Just wow!

My opinion of defense attorneys and prosecutors changed drastically with the Duke Lacrosse case. That case is not an anomaly. Just look at the number of prisoner's freed based on DNA to KNOW that prosecutors & PD lie and railroad. I would much rather a hundred guilty go free than an innocent be imprisoned for something they didn't do.

Don't get me wrong -- I want the guilty held accountable but I no longer trust prosecutors as I once (naively) did.

I agree with this. The Innocence Project was created for a reason. I think it's very naive to think that prosecution/LE always 'gets their man/woman'. I'm reminded of the Atlanta bombing investigation and how the FBI ruined that man's life before finally figuring out he had nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde