State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really had not considered it until a couple of days ago, but it was possible the tarp he purchased was a replacement for one he already had.

For example, I don't know, but I might have an unopened tarp/dropcloth in my garage now. So, for whatever reason, he bought one for a completely innocent reason last December, but never used it.

Now, he thinks he might like to have another one to line the trunk of his car, you know, to catch gasoline spills and bodily fluids. So, he buys one, and uses it and tosses it along with all the other stuff, and there is still a new one, in a different store bag, in the garage.

Who's to say the tarp we see in the picture is the exact same tarp he bought on the 11th?

It was an identical one to the one purchased on the 11th.

This is kind of another thing that doesn't make sense to me. If you are trying to make up a story that she went running and disappeared why dump the body at Fielding? Why not dump the body in a secluded place in an actual area where she would run like an undeveloped section of Regency?

Regency is pretty much developed. There has been a new sub-division put in since this happened, and I don't think construction had started yet. They cut new roads into that area, I know because I live very close to it, and got lost in there one night riding my bike! :blushing:

IIRC and have the timing right, almost all of the accessible area around Regency was built out, although there are parts in there since the roads have been cut that might be suitable now.

Also, if she is dumped at Fielding it opens up a couple of "desirable" situations.

1. Retention pond/Run off might help wipe evidence.

2. Not traveled much/ if at all

3. Since no runner would go there due to the traffic to get there, more likely abduction suspected. (by Super Computer Hacking Hawaiian Mormon Hispanics driving a white van)

4. Don't know if he thought through it enough to know there would be a ground search, but it was WELL outside the searched area.

5. Longer in the heat/water of the ditch might have helped speed decomposition.

What I want to know is, what spooked him? I know he was stressed and in a hurry, but it was so close to the road. Why the dump & run? There were several very good hiding spots so close to the dump site, and in the same spot, just a few feet further back. She would likely not have been found nearly as soon if he picked one of those spots.

I realize the image today is different from 2008, but if I'm looking at Fielding Dr. on google, where abouts am I going to find the right place? Near any of the cross streets? Just curious.

Follow Fielding all the way down. Just before it ends, turn right. Then, turn left. It's the first street on the right. Go towards the cul-de-sac. When you get to the cirle, body was on the left. Looks like the drainage portion has been filled now. It looks like an empty lot now on Google maps.

If I remember correctly, there was some rain on the 11th.

0.03 Inches on 7/11
0 inches on 7/12
0 inches on 7/13
0.53 0n 7/14

Data obtained from RDU airport, the closest weather station to Cary.

We don't know what BC may have done in an attempt to clean his computer. Can the MFT be cleaned? Also, the cursor file, not sure if I have the file name correct, but can that be cleaned? The cursor file, if it is what I believe, sounds like an incredible forensics aid.

It would take some serious work to clean anything dealing with NTFS/MFT so that it was untraceable. I can explain the technicalities of it but if you want the boiler plate answer, suffice to say... it'd be difficult. Not impossible by any stretch but difficult. As to the file your talking about it is called a closed hand file and it is basically a nice little piece of code some web pages store temporarily on your computer to allow them to track where you are dragging your cursor with the button depressed in order for them to be able to serve you the correct refreshed image.

0.03 Inches on 7/11
0 inches on 7/12
0 inches on 7/13
0.53 0n 7/14

Data obtained from RDU airport, the closest weather station to Cary.

That's about what I remember being testified too earlier in this trial.

If the defense can prove that the timestamp was changed, they can then claim this search was done after the body was found.

Yep, They can also claim NC was abducted by a UFO full of aliens from Mars, but I ain't buyin' any of that.

:ufo:

Did they show exactly what was on Brad's computer, the image? Was there other instances of him looking it up? I have problems with him deciding in 42 seconds where he is going to supposedly dump a body.

Believe in the 42 seconds he made TIF images of the location. Perhaps so he could study them later in the day.

Regency is pretty much developed. There has been a new sub-division put in since this happened, and I don't think construction had started yet. They cut new roads into that area, I know because I live very close to it, and got lost in there one night riding my bike! :blushing:

IIRC and have the timing right, almost all of the accessible area around Regency was built out, although there are parts in there since the roads have been cut that might be suitable now.

Also, if she is dumped at Fielding it opens up a couple of "desirable" situations.

1. Retention pond/Run off might help wipe evidence.

2. Not traveled much/ if at all

3. Since no runner would go there due to the traffic to get there, more likely abduction suspected. (by Super Computer Hacking Hawaiian Mormon Hispanics driving a white van)

4. Don't know if he thought through it enough to know there would be a ground search, but it was WELL outside the searched area.

5. Longer in the heat/water of the ditch might have helped speed decomposition.

What I want to know is, what spooked him? I know he was stressed and in a hurry, but it was so close to the road. Why the dump & run? There were several very good hiding spots so close to the dump site, and in the same spot, just a few feet further back. She would likely not have been found nearly as soon if he picked one of those spots.

I've wondered about this for a long time. That 6:05am call has always intrigued me. I wonder if that may have been the original alibi call, but something didn't go according to plan (timing / location ended up being off and/or potentially incriminating), thus the need to set up a 2nd call and make a 2nd trip to the store. Just one thought I've had ...

If the defense can prove that the timestamp was changed, they can then claim this search was done after the body was found.

Will that happen before or after the defendant makes his eighth accusation against the state?

:innocent:

BREAKING NEWS from WRAL....

Crystal Mangum of Duke Lacrosse case fame has hit the big league.

She is accused of stabbing her boyfriend a few days ago, and he has died as a result of the assault.

She is accused of stabbing her boyfriend a few days ago, and he has died as a result of the assault.

Somehow I think that one's gonna get plead out :)

Wow, very sad; feelings for the victim, friends and family. Tks for this notice. CyberPro! And the prosecutor .... is?

"Dig a grave for someone else - and you'll fall in it yourself...."

I've wondered about this for a long time. That 6:05am call has always intrigued me. I wonder if that may have been the original alibi call, but something didn't go according to plan (timing / location ended up being off and/or potentially incriminating), thus the need to set up a 2nd call and make a 2nd trip to the store. Just one thought I've had ...

Hi TXr... We're dealing with a malicious mind; malice and aforethought ... AFORE .. being the proverbial prefix here. Like you, I also think his preparation went somewhat awry. Unless we're the killer BC himself, we may but only speculate.

So here's my theory, fwiw ... :

There may have been a much longer, tougher struggle than he anticipated in the hall, for all we know; hence missing ducks and sticks, rugs and things. May have been more bodily fluids and feces than he anticipated; place was a mess - taking longer for BC to clean. He may have used all detergent in the house - urgently needed more - headed to the store. Time was running out... his heart was pumping... he knew he'd be caught on cctv ... needed a quick-thinking cover for the unforeseen "new" tactic... as in: why would he be at a store @ 4am ish? "Ahhh! kids!"

He knew where he was going to dump NC, we now know that. It may have been getting light; he knew folk would be out walking dogs, running, going about their business. May have initially decided to have hidden NC deeper in the ditch/woods - but by then ... time not on his side.

Fear of discovery - dumped NC and scrambled away; afraid his car would be seen, and just in case it was, he decided to call himself at 6.05 - and head from the dump site-then on to dump evidence carried from house to the car - and then finally return to HT (changing clothes in car, which had planned to do anyways). Evidencing that "call" would explain why he was driving around after 6, and why he was back at HT. "NC asked me to go back for milk and juice...". But - he was in different clothes and shoes within such a small time frame.

Plausible - any sighting accounted for, (in his mind). He didn't even have time to consider her earrings and may indeed have taken jogging shorts but had no time to finish the "scene" to look like the random attack he'd planned - so he dumped her shoes and gear with other evidence from the house. He concentrated on speed - not detail. Didn't realize he had two left running shoes; didn't realize robbery a motive for the attack if no sexual assault evidenced. (Bet he kicked himself for this, perhaps within hours of dumping the body... JMO)

The above para makes me think the last thing he did to NC, moments after she passed, was to snatch that necklace - well before moving her body from the house. And I can imagine his expression as he did so.

So ... what went wrong for BC? IMHO only ... time, tools and attention to minute detail. The length of time it took for NC to actually die; the length of time to clean; the time of the early hours before dawn broke.... and unforeseen extra cleaning materials required; unforeseen extra items to get rid of such as ducks, sticks etc., ... and overseeing final-scene detail.

Time, tools. Essential ingredients for any project - after the plans have been approved, of course. Just my take 'n thoughts...

There are still many people who think Scott Peterson is innocent and was railroaded or framed with a rush to judgment. Takes all kinds for sure.

Bizarre indeed, Madeleine! AND ... BC is 100% responsible for his own actions and the results thereof. It's moot to labor over painful emotions, feelings and repercussions ... after the fact. As for those who fall in love with these types of inmates? Totally beyond me, IMO, that is.

Crime Addict ... Am thinking along your lines re 2 tarps. Just as SP "conveniently" held out the receipt of his entering Berkley Marina ... so BC ensured the tarp receipt was easily found ... and he could stride in and smugly quip: "there it is - I bought it for NC's painting ... untouched, still sealed.... go ahead, open it..."

IMO, during his pre-planning he knew he'd need plastic sheeting. (For all we know this may have already been laid out on the floor, but over the rug, as NC walked through the door?) In the meantime, the clever dick had gone and purchased a spare one - paid cash & shred the slip - elsewhere> This may have been weeks or months before - then hidden it - anywhere ... which would be like looking for a needle in a haystack to uncover such actions. BC's forward planning must have made him feel oh-so-powerful and smart, in his mind.

JMHO ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member