State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the 12th the area was not muddy, the weather conditions and thus ground conditions have been discussed in the courtroom. Obviously someone will correct me if I am wrong.

But it was a ditch of water, and she was in it, I would think the sides would be muddy.

I think BC had already been to the site. He had an entire 2 weeks to spend driving looking for just the right place. Probably was just refreshing his memory...

That would be one explanation. Although I'm not sure why he would need refreshing since directions are simple.

But it was a ditch of water, and she was in it, I would think the sides would be muddy.

The rain came I believe on Sunday night or Monday morning. On the 12th the road, I assume a dirt road was not muddy.

Did they show exactly what was on Brad's computer, the image? Was there other instances of him looking it up? I have problems with him deciding in 42 seconds where he is going to supposedly dump a body.

I agree, 42 seconds isn't long enough to decide that. I'm thinking the State will tie in the white mica on the shoes and say BC had been there, and that the search was one last quick look. I'm just guessing here. As far as a quick look by zip code, it's entirely doable. I put in my zip code to find a place near my house that I had decided on beforehand, and found it in under a minute. I'm not fast on a computer either.

I think the only hope the defense has at this point would be to flat-out prove that this evidence was planted or time-stamp changed. That's why Kurtz is so adamant about wanting the reports that the State didn't give them. (Even time-stamp changed wouldn't make sense to me, though. If he'd looked at it after Nancy's body was found I would think he'd have looked longer.) JMO

I am really interested to see what is next for the defense.

I think BC had already been to the site. He had an entire 2 weeks to spend driving looking for just the right place. Probably was just refreshing his memory...
Well, I have no experience with murder, but I would think that if I had at least 2 weeks to think about it, I could come up with a better plan than his. Part of why I assumed that it was not premeditated is because it was such an absurd scheme.

Well, I have no experience with murder, but I would think that if I had at least 2 weeks to think about it, I could come up with a better plan than his. Part of why I assumed that it was not premeditated is because it was such an absurd scheme.

I know, right? And one other sticking point for me is that how a guy who "never cleans" and "never does laundry" but knows everything about computers could clean up every last spec of physical evidence from the home and car but not clean this simple thing off the computer. That I do NOT get. :waitasec:

The one on video was bought with cash. I'm sure they checked credit card statements and this would have come out. But the one bought on the 11th was paid with cash. They only knew about it because of the receipt in the vehicle.

I really had not considered it until a couple of days ago, but it was possible the tarp he purchased was a replacement for one he already had.

For example, I don't know, but I might have an unopened tarp/dropcloth in my garage now. So, for whatever reason, he bought one for a completely innocent reason last December, but never used it.

Now, he thinks he might like to have another one to line the trunk of his car, you know, to catch gasoline spills and bodily fluids. So, he buys one, and uses it and tosses it along with all the other stuff, and there is still a new one, in a different store bag, in the garage.

Who's to say the tarp we see in the picture is the exact same tarp he bought on the 11th?

I realize the image today is different from 2008, but if I'm looking at Fielding Dr. on google, where abouts am I going to find the right place? Near any of the cross streets? Just curious.

LOL...we've all heard of the Mensa society member who couldn't find her way to the market, 2 blocks from home.

Maybe the scheme wasn't bad, just the implementation.

I know, right? And one other sticking point for me is that how a guy who "never cleans" and "never does laundry" but knows everything about computers could clean up every last spec of physical evidence from the home and car but not clean this simple thing off the computer. That I do NOT get. :waitasec:

We don't know what BC may have done in an attempt to clean his computer. Can the MFT be cleaned? Also, the cursor file, not sure if I have the file name correct, but can that be cleaned? The cursor file, if it is what I believe, sounds like an incredible forensics aid.

This is kind of another thing that doesn't make sense to me. If you are trying to make up a story that she went running and disappeared why dump the body at Fielding? Why not dump the body in a secluded place in an actual area where she would run like an undeveloped section of Regency?

This is kind of another thing that doesn't make sense to me. If you are trying to make up a story that she went running and disappeared why dump the body at Fielding? Why not dump the body in a secluded place in an actual area where she would run like an undeveloped section of Regency?

The ideal dump site location would seem to be based on:
1. How easy can I get the body to the location
2. Which location is least likely for me to leave any evidence
3. Which location has the least probability for me to be seen

Yeah, but I suspect it may be a matter of underestimating what could be recovered from a computer. On the surface, just googling your own zip code does not seem too high risk or incriminating. I think that what hosed him was the zooming. When you zoom, I suppose each zoom level of the image is cached and he probably didn't consider that.

I agree, 42 seconds isn't long enough to decide that. I'm thinking the State will tie in the white mica on the shoes and say BC had been there, and that the search was one last quick look. I'm just guessing here. As far as a quick look by zip code, it's entirely doable. I put in my zip code to find a place near my house that I had decided on beforehand, and found it in under a minute. I'm not fast on a computer either.

I think the only hope the defense has at this point would be to flat-out prove that this evidence was planted or time-stamp changed. That's why Kurtz is so adamant about wanting the reports that the State didn't give them. (Even time-stamp changed wouldn't make sense to me, though. If he'd looked at it after Nancy's body was found I would think he'd have looked longer.) JMO

I am really interested to see what is next for the defense.

If the defense can prove that the timestamp was changed, they can then claim this search was done after the body was found.

Ironic, to say the least. Maybe, in his arrogance, he never expected it to be found. Pride often comes before a fall.

When I heard the news today, what immediately came to my mind was something Mr. Kurtz said, in the early part of the trial, about being hoist by one's own petard!

I really had not considered it until a couple of days ago, but it was possible the tarp he purchased was a replacement for one he already had.

For example, I don't know, but I might have an unopened tarp/dropcloth in my garage now. So, for whatever reason, he bought one for a completely innocent reason last December, but never used it.

Now, he thinks he might like to have another one to line the trunk of his car, you know, to catch gasoline spills and bodily fluids. So, he buys one, and uses it and tosses it along with all the other stuff, and there is still a new one, in a different store bag, in the garage.

Who's to say the tarp we see in the picture is the exact same tarp he bought on the 11th?

I thought of this also. This seems like it would be probable.

I also thought of all the phones calls Nancy supposedly made on Friday to ask about the money. IIRC, Brad did not pick up any of the calls until the lunchtime call. I'm sure he was becoming progressively irritated with NC.

Couple that irritation with the balance in the accounts he visited online Friday evening, I'm sure that the frustration and anger were about ready to spill over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510