2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason Yuri put it in quotes was b/c he was referencing HER putting it in quotes. He had no idea why she used those words. He was trying to figure her out at that point.

Update...Perry Mason has lost his map and is having great difficulty in locating his destination. GPS won't help because he is "technologically challenged".

Yuri didn't check the vehicle?! Didn't secure the vehicle?

Ouch. If I'm a juror, I'm NOT liking that at all.

JMO but ICA was stating Caylee was a kidnap victim. They were following her lead. He also reiterated his previous testimony that she was the mother of a missing child, not a suspect at that time.

That entire house, ICA, her parents and Lee were trying to gather information to find Caylee. I don't think anyone mentioned the car smell once LE was there.

Does JB seriously NOT understand police procedure???? What is JB trying to say? He's just making himself look silly.....he didnt treat her like a suspect yet, because he didnt feel he had ENOUGH to treat her as one yet!!! If he had done the opposite, JB would be on him for that.

I don't think JB understands anything.

BAEZ. Suggests it's all Yuri's fault that Casey lied and gee whiz, ICA put something in quotations so it should have just JUMPED out at him immediately and he should have apparently done something to get the truth. The thing in quotations was "at home".

Let's see, her entire family for 3 years tried and didn't get the err.. "truth" (these are my quotes) about the drowning. What was YM supposed to do, perform a Chinese Water Torture?

HHBP what evidence is there of a drowning Mr. Baez? JA said there is No evidence as what Mr. Baez says is NOT evidence…..JA reading with case law….this comment has nothing to do with a bias in this case……JB’s other comments thus far has not demonstrated that Mrs. A’ knew something about a drowning as CA spoke to a reporter but not LE……some speculations about a drowning…..does YM have a bias in this case or against this witness . . . does not show that……YM was home mending while broken leg…..

HHBP: objection will be sustained – you can make a copy of it and attach it to record for appellate but it is not relevant to this particular case……

CM wants to discuss bias….HHBP will take a look at it a threshold must be shown….and can always discuss that…. Dick Tracy ….any other blog materials DT will be attempting to utilize…HHBP asks about a reprimand brought up @ bench….so jury doesn’t PopTArt again……JB sorry judge I missed that……HHBP asks again very slowly……Jb wants to inquire YM supv reprimanded him for blogging…….court won’t allow JB fact that he blogged can’t say he was reprimanded……if only blog JB attempting to show there is no need to…….JB says YM was reprimanded for this blogs…….any Detective going on the World Wide Web for exposure…..HHBP demands which posts references this case…..Jb said most of them do……. There is one from 9/22/08 someone says we aren’t here to question him ….this thread is for well wishes only……not to talk about this case…… can’t talk about case outside of work……basically this is as public as one can get….have dogs trained to retrieve it……JB not implicating he is giving up confidential info on the WWW….what’s it like……Caylee A….one from 9/20/08 11:41 am……thank you for keeping Caylee on the forefront we all working for her…..only hope we find her soon……..people can find closure…..broken leg……most of these are general in nature……mentioned Caylee name there……..not onlyas an OSCO should do it…..other than the one you showed me or I just read goes to anything impeachable……JB will refrain from discuss this issue @ this time…..I will bring up specific

JA wants all WS provided to the entire SA team they have never been given or seen these before.

Break

It should be noted all during the time that WS has been mentioned the site has been extremely difficult to access…..I have logged off and am typing these notes in real time to post later once the site is back up and running……WS has been mentioned in the trial and on HLN and broadcasted live across the nation….I imagine the amount of hits WS took at that exact moment is the reason for the difficulty in getting into WS…..
Back in court…..bring witness back ….
HHBP forgot about YM….
Det. Melich w/JB….
What info did YM know about the case….without giving any hearsay/info/what was said…what was going on when arrived? Missing person case….theft of car….theft of Money….some theft involved….KC already went to Sawgrass Apts…..YM aware nobody home there? (object-=sustain)….Any other info about kc’s action that evening….she had gone w/Deps to another location statement had been filled out…..YM aware apartment was vacant (object-hearsay – sustained) General understanding of why there primarily look for missing child….don’t recall condition of garage door….don’t recall what cars he saw parked where…..later there was a comment about odor coming from the car….doesn’t remember who made it….he didn’t inspect the car…..told about missing child…..told kc took deps and had no results….never looked @ car or called CSI to come look, didn’t secure evidence that night…..did nothing with the car…..in YM investigation didn ‘t find necessary to secure car (object- overrule) ……KC was a suspect?? Not at the time I got there – she was mother of Missing child….hadn’t even talked to her, didn’t see kc handcuffed, didn’t mirandize……she was Mom of 2 ½ y/o…..giving info that didn’t pan out…YM didn’t know what kc would tell him…..misunderstood her? …..read her statement….thought her info contained in there was suspect….ym wrote that in his report……..KC’s version is suspect according to YM based on what he read in report….kc hasn’t taken YM or prior officers to the child….she is not a suspect….can’t tell you why people use quotations in their writing….in yM’s report kc went some where she felt safe…..can’t answer why YM put that in quotes at the time……she had seen movies and reports when asked why she should call police…..one of the things she told me during the drive or before the tape is why put it in quotes…..JB wants to know if YM’s opinion thinks kc’s statements are outrageous….(object-hearsay in court for his client- sustained!)

First, he wants to impeach Yuri with his "blogging", but doesn't even have a copy to show the judge (lol)...now he wants to try to use Yuri's quotations to get him to say she was a suspect and she should have been read her Miranda rights.

If Baez thinks his past post-day in court comments have been negative - wait until he gets a load of them tonight.

Yuri didn't check the vehicle?! Didn't secure the vehicle?

Ouch. If I'm a juror, I'm NOT liking that at all.

At that time, no one in LE knew that the car had any significance at all. They were focused in on the fact that a child was missing / reported kidnapped.

Every link I have try keeps freezing or crashing. And HLN keeps breaking for commercials....and WS is too overloaded for me to get on to....AAARRRGGGHHHHH

I agree, very frustrating day between HLN and WFTV breaking during the most inopportune moment, to not being able to get on WB!

Point: Yuri. He hadn't had a fliggin flaggin chance to investigate!!! How would he know what was false and what wasn't?????

I really like how Yuri looks at the Jury. He is very convincing and professional when he does that.

He is saying if the decomp smell was so obvious to all, why then did not less than 30 cops traipse back and forth near once LE was involved and not a one thought "hey, I smell death, lets investigate" It actually supports JB's argument that the car was just "stinky" from some unidentifed (garbage/pizza/dead squirrel) means.

Again, not brilliant but coherent, thats saying something for JB

Exactly. And that is why it bugs me that YM never checked the car that night. If I'm a juror, I'm definitely going to find this info "troubling".

(See what I did there? Heh.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members