Judge Perry admonishes Jose Baez

That was really painful! I wonder if JB was originally going to question Dr Spitz, or was Cheney thrown in at the last minute?

I was wondering the same thing. I think JB wanted this trial because it's very high profile. Well he's gonna be all over the news tonight, tomorrow and on Monday. :floorlaugh:

Careful what you wish for JB you just might get it. :loser:

It is about FLIPPING time!! I loved every minute of it. I also loved KC's reaction to it all. PRICELESS!!! Trial by ambush is all the DT has. CM promised us a circus trial. That is the only promise the DT is delivering on.

I don't think JB's eye-rolling during HHJBP's admonishment is going to go over very big.

All in all, Saturday, June 18, 2011, was a good day for Caylee.

Could we have a group hug for judge perry

(((((((hugs))))))))

HHJP needs to follow through on his threats. Right now, JB knows nothing can be done to him out of "fairness" to ICA. I dream of the day "fairness" and justice for Caylee happens.

Why was JB so pizzed when he said he was going take the deposition from the witness at 1pm and the state was welcome to come along and then the judge said NO that the state was going to take it?? Am I right in thinking its because JB wouldnt have time to prep the witness?

Thanks for the link. I was following the discussion here but not watching HLN or livestream. JB's arrogance and disrespect for the judge and court procedures is beyond belief! Baez will be lucky to have a legal career after this case ends. No client would hire him knowing how incompetent he is and how he ignores the judge's rulings. Shame on you, Jose!

This is unreal what do you want to bet this all ends ln a mistrial?

Can JB ask for a mistrial for his own mistakes?

:floorlaugh:

sorry - but that's where I see this going! Gahhhhh!

MOO

Mel

Can JB ask for a mistrial for his own mistakes?

:floorlaugh:

sorry - but that's where I see this going! Gahhhhh!

MOO

Mel

Well...he did ask for one of his witness' statements to be struck from the record (about blood on a blanket), so I guess anything is possible? :waitasec:

I don't think JB's eye-rolling during HHJBP's admonishment is going to go over very big.

I agree! wow i saw that... Incredible! I would love to send Judge Perry a big box of these!

FD_reviewimages_25567_donut1_w260_h190.jpg

http://www.fooddigger.com/images/FD_reviewimages_25567_donut1_w260_h190.jpg

Why was JB so pizzed when he said he was going take the deposition from the witness at 1pm and the state was welcome to come along and then the judge said NO that the state was going to take it?? Am I right in thinking its because JB wouldnt have time to prep the witness?

It's because JB, much like is client, is something of a control freak. It's part of his narcissism. Notice how JB cannot let any comment from THE JUDGE pass unanswered. He continually tries to get the last word in on THE JUDGE. He is right, THE JUDGE is wrong, etc.

It is a death penalty case and the judge said as much...that he could not preclude valuable testimony for the defendant because her attorney did something skeezy (paraphrasing here).

Contempt will be nice to see but I'm still looking forward to the day Baez faces disbarment. It may not happen in this trial (or it may) but it WILL happen someday.

Yes, I know what he said today.:) This is not what he said early on during the Frye hearings. He stated,"If it's not in the report,you won't be able to use it. At that time he didn't say there may be an exception to his rule.I like HHJP. I have the utmost respect for him. However, I expect a Judge to follow through with what he says. IMO, JA expected the same.

Yes, I know what he said today.:) This is not what he said early on during the Frye hearings. He stated,"If it's not in the report,you won't be able to use it. At that time he didn't say there may be an exception to his rule.I like HHJP. I have the utmost respect for him. However, I expect a Judge to follow through with what he says. IMO, JA expected the same.

We knew what the outcome would be just from researching it back then. We have always known that the exclusion of evidence or testimony, particularly in a capital murder case, will be the absolute last resort of the judge and he would exhaust every other tool in his chest against the lawyers before finally taking action that would also include the defendant.

THIS was the ONLY event of value in watching today...

I am so encouraged that Hizzoner finally lost patience and tugged that leash...

when you draw a line in the sand, you have to be prepared to hold your subject to it... it does no good to move the line, might as well not draw it at all .

So as every parent (except the A's) know, you have to back up your words or not just the child loses respect for your instructions, so too do the other parents....

if JB is allowed to break the rules... the court will lose all control and its anyones guess what the outcome will be... appeal issues will abound....

so the only recourse is to slap hands when someone crosses that line...

apparently it stings.. JB's face wasn't red from embarrassment, he was angry... sounds like someone else... cant think of who that would be..:waitasec:

What was he talking about when he said there was a possible violation of sequestration that they talked about at 8:30?

What happened to "If it's not in the report", you can't use it???
As much as I dislike KC, her getting a fair trial is of utmost importance. Do we really want HHJP to do something that could get KC's conviction overturned? I don't think any of us want that. IMO, the man knows what he's doing.

Seeing HHJP refusing to allow the witness to testify would be some awesome instant gratification, but it will be far more gratifying to see Caylee Marie get justice.

My opinions...

Don't they have the grief motivational speaker depo today too?

Baez saying he's going to take the deposition of his own witness was further evidence of his lack of knowledge and inexperience. The reason for taking the deposition of an expert is to determine what his opinion is and the basis for it, so you can prepare to challenge it. It's done in the formal procedure of a deposition because the other side's expert won't talk to you otherwise, and because you want the expert under oath and a record of the questioning, so you can rely on the expert to testify at trial what he told you.

But it makes no sense to say you are taking the deposition of your own expert. Your own expert will talk to you -- you are paying him or her to talk to you. And you can expect your own expert will not deceive you even if he is not under oath or "on the record".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81
Back