KC's Pregnancy/Denial (Merged Threads)

If ICA was claiming Jesse to be the father, it figures she would have lied about her due date. She and Jesse didn't go out till start of January 2005. Also Cindy said during testimony that ICA told her she had gone to the Doctors a few days before she told her mother she was pregnant.

And yet...I fail to understand why Cindy would claim Caylee was a preemie, born a full month early. Why state that?

My own son was five weeks early. He weighed just 6 pounds at birth and was as yellow as a buttercup from jaundice a usual condition of an early birth and he was covered with a thin layer of dark hair on much of his body.

But, again: what purpose does it serve to say the baby was early? It wasn't as if she was married and they had to explain away why nine months hadn't gone by from her wedding date, as so many families foolishly might make up to cover being pregnant pre-wedding.

I'll just never understand that woman.
jmo

If she was a month premature at 7lbs 6oz she probably would have been over 10lbs full term. My twins were exactly 4 weeks premature and I had steroid shots and drank high protein shakes to try to help them grow faster (and help their lungs develop) due to pre-term labor with them, and with my previous pregnancies. They were 6lbs and 6lbs 11oz and my doctor said they would have been over 9lbs had I gone 4 more weeks. Of course there is such a huge variation in what is considered to be normal birth weights but 10lb babies are fairly rare and especially rare in such a small person such as Casey and remember, she had no pre-natal care until at least 7 months. Not to say it is impossible for her to have such a large baby but it would certainly be quite rare. I really doubt that it is the truth.

If ICA was claiming Jesse to be the father, it figures she would have lied about her due date. She and Jesse didn't go out till start of January 2005. Also Cindy said during testimony that ICA told her she had gone to the Doctors a few days before she told her mother she was pregnant.

Thanks Krisskross and Skip, I posted before I read your posts. The idea of passing off Caylee as Jessie's baby makes sense for claiming the baby was early.

I can always count on WS members to step in and "clear" it up.

azwriter

And yet...I fail to understand why Cindy would claim Caylee was a preemie, born a full month early. Why state that?

My own son was five weeks early. He weighed just 6 pounds at birth and was as yellow as a buttercup from jaundice a usual condition of an early birth and he was covered with a thin layer of dark hair on much of his body.

But, again: what purpose does it serve to say the baby was early? It wasn't as if she was married and they had to explain away why nine months hadn't gone by from her wedding date, as so many families foolishly might make up to cover being pregnant pre-wedding.

I'll just never understand that woman.
jmo

For Cindy Anthony it's preferable to facing the reality that her daughter would actually try and trap Jesse.
I'm sure the real father was either some transient one night stand, maybe even a tourist or some guy who totally rejected her.

IIRC ICA and Jesse were not love's young dream, they had a couple of dates only, then months later, he got a text telling him he was going to be a daddy. After Caylee was born and with the full knowledge Caylee was not his child, their relationship blossomed. :waitasec:

I don't know what the hospitals do nowdays, but when i had my baby early 19 years ago, they did some test and told me exactly how early they thought she was. Per my previous due date, she was a month early. Per their test 5 weeks, 3 days.

Yes this has been discussed. Everyone's babies weigh differently at different times (mine was just short of 7 lbs). The biggest question, as i have seen addressed here, would be why would you care WHEN an unmarried woman was having a child?? It would have to fit with WHO she wanted to say the father was. At least i can't think of another reason. jmo

ETA: just to address the 10 lb baby post above, my MIL weighs 110 pounds and is 5 foot 2 inches...and she had 3 babies, all around 10 pounders....i know....ugh.....but just to point out the variance in babies, parents sizes, term of gestation, etc.

Casey lied about being pregnant when she first started showing, she lied to Jesse about paternity, she lied about the daddy, so she would most likely lie about how far along she was as well. A few things I noted during Cindy's testimony were:
She said she'd suspected pregnancy earlier but Casey denied
She admitted that monthly irregularity did not begin until Casey got pregnant(another lie of Caseys?)
She said she wasn't truly suspicious of pregnancy UNTIL the day of the wedding (Casey going around in baggy clothes?)
She said that Casey found out that she was pregnant after the wedding, then corrected herself saying, that's when Casey SAYS she found out

JB's opening statements have ICA seven months pregnant in June and giving birth in August, so this latest detour off the broad highway of truth must be news to him. I'm sure he'll deal with it though, he is on better than nodding terms with mendacity.

Since Casey told no one (or so we're told) until near the end, and she's a known liar, my thought is that she told everyone a bit later so she could trick some guy into thinking he was the father (think Jesse) or any guy. Also a lie could have covered the father's true identity and/or she was probably covering for something her mother would have be able to figure out and blown a fuse over. "You were with HIM!!!"

A friend did the same thing (except in reverse), trying to make her family think the father was her steady boyfriend rather than the fling she enjoyed on the side a few times. It was found out when she gave birth by induced later at her mother's insistence because she was "overdue". After doing an exam of the baby, the obstetrician and the pediatrician broke the news to the new mommy and grandmother. Her baby was premature.

I'm thinking Casey gave the doctor the wrong information, and insisted it couldn't have been before a certain month when she got pregnant because she insisted was a still virgin until then (cough, cough). What was the doctor going to do, argue with both Casey and Cindy? It was probably easier to let them believe what they wanted, while subtly telling them to be prepared, and they didn't listen.

Both of my children were calculated a month early by my doctor even though I told him repeatedly he was wrong. When "his" due date came and went, and the babies weren't "in position", he concurred I had the more accurate dates. I'll never forget the time my husband and I went to see his uncle's boat at a marina a good distance from our home. Uncle said, "When's the baby due?". I answered, "Today". You should have seen the shock on his face, probably with visions of a crazy woman going into labor on the lake shore. :D It was my second pregnancy and I knew I wasn't ready. Babe came three weeks later.

ETA: Looks like the general consensus here is that Casey lied, covered up the true date of conception, and tried to "make it fit" that Jesse was the daddy. Cindy just went along with it, and even though she now knows the truth, refuses to admit it to anyone. Surprise, surprise!

Right-o.

And we're all stupid and we all fell off a turnip truck last night.........

he he -- the math still wouldn't add up. I think Casey got preggers in 11/04, and was 1 month pregnant around 12/04 or 2 months preggers when she met Jesse in 1/05.

If she met/had relations with Jesse in 1/05 the would be:

1/05 - Caylee meets Jesse (let's assume she gets pregnant straight away).
2/05 1 month (4 weeks)
3/05 2 months (8 weeks)
4/05 3 months (12 weeks)
5/05 4 months (16 weeks)
6/05 5 months (20 weeks) Tells Mom; appears 7 months @ wedding (not 5)
7/05 6 months (24 weeks)
8/05 7 months (28 weeks) Caylee born (full term IMHO)
9/05 8 months (32 weeks)
10/05 9 months (36 weeks)
11/05 10 months (40 weeks)

The average pregnancy is really 10 months depending on the number of weeks per month (or an average of 9.5 months give or take).

So she really may have been pregnant in 11/04 to have Caylee born on 8/9/05 -- assuming she was full term (which I think she was).

I know there's a lot of wiggle room, but there's no way Caylee was Jesse's if they met in January and she had Caylee in August. Nice try for Caysey though! Boy does she lie to everyone!!

Who woulda thunk Cindy was a nurse? She's still way off in her math ;)

I wonder who ICA was seeing in 11/04? I would hate to even speculate.

MOO

Mel

I don't know what the hospitals do nowdays, but when i had my baby early 19 years ago, they did some test and told me exactly how early they thought she was. Per my previous due date, she was a month early. Per their test 5 weeks, 3 days.

Yes this has been discussed. Everyone's babies weigh differently at different times (mine was just short of 7 lbs). The biggest question, as i have seen addressed here, would be why would you care WHEN an unmarried woman was having a child?? It would have to fit with WHO she wanted to say the father was. At least i can't think of another reason. jmo

ETA: just to address the 10 lb baby post above, my MIL weighs 110 pounds and is 5 foot 2 inches...and she had 3 babies, all around 10 pounders....i know....ugh.....but just to point out the variance in babies, parents sizes, term of gestation, etc.

No, no - I really can't be bothered :) The question relates as to why Cindy lied on the stand and the reasoning behind it? Why would Cindy care for that matter - KWIM? This is the first time I have personally heard that Caylee was born a month premature - although Caylee said she was 7 months preggers in June, and had Caylee in August (which would make sense).

I just don't get the lying I guess.

Moo :)

Mel

I don't understand why this is even an issue. Lee says the baby shower was before Caylee was born, Cindy says the shower was after Caylee is born. Why is there a descrepancy over such a thing? And if one of them is remembering wrong (probably Lee since Cindy is taking her super memory pills)
why does it matter at all in this trial?

I don't understand why this is even an issue. Lee says the baby shower was before Caylee was born, Cindy says the shower was after Caylee is born. Why is there a descrepancy over such a thing? And if one of them is remembering wrong (probably Lee since Cindy is taking her super memory pills)
why does it matter at all in this trial?

Since Jose was tossing around pregnant piccies, and all the testimony about the birth (George was there, poor Lee was left out), the testimony about if she was pregnant and when she told her parents, etc., goes to the dirty little secrets Jose bombarded us in his OS. ICA's pregnancy has been quite the focal point of the trial which is why I brought it up.

Moo please and thanks!

Mel

No, no - I really can't be bothered :) The question relates as to why Cindy lied on the stand and the reasoning behind it? Why would Cindy care for that matter - KWIM? This is the first time I have personally heard that Caylee was born a month premature - although Caylee said she was 7 months preggers in June, and had Caylee in August (which would make sense).

Mel

I was curious myself when I heard CA say that Caylee was premature.I never heard that before. Do you know when her due date was. I don't.

I was curious myself when I heard CA say that Caylee was premature.I never heard that before. Do you know when her due date was. I don't.

Cindy said on the stand that the due date was "early September", and that Caylee was born a month early. So prolly around 9/9 is when Cindy "thinks" Caylee should have been born - or was told when Caylee should have been born by Casey. But we know Casey never lies ;)

MOO

Mel

Cindy said on the stand that the due date was "early September", and that Caylee was born a month early. So prolly around 9/9 is when Cindy "thinks" Caylee should have been born - or was told when Caylee should have been born by Casey. But we know Casey never lies ;)

MOO

Mel

Mel. I thought that a doctor could say to degree of certainty when a child would be born to term. How come the Anthony family didn't have a due date for Caylee. That should tell use whether she was premature or not.I thought that ICA did get some kind of prenatal care before Caylee's birth.

Mel. I thought that a doctor could say to degree of certainty when a child would be born to term. How come the Anthony family didn't have a due date for Caylee. That should tell use whether she was premature or not.I thought that ICA did get some kind of prenatal care before Caylee's birth.

Great question, but I don't have the answer. I would assume due to HIPPA laws that information would not be released to the general public.

Thanks!

Mel

Mel

cause baby showers are supposed to happen BEFORE the baby's born, not after. it beats admitting that the family was not happy about the pregnancy until the little girl was born and stole their hearts. CA cares a lot about what people think. though why still at this point, you got me.

a friend of mine - long time ago now - was pregnant. she didn't tell her family until she was about 6 months along. catholic family. mom's first reaction was, you have to have an abortion. after that she shamed her daughter every chance she got. had my friend convinced that the only choice was adoption. none of the neighbors knew my friend was pregnant.

then surprise! identical twins were born. next thing you know this is the greatest event in the history of humankind. all is forgiven, we just love these babies so much and we are so happy they were born. what went on during the pregnancy never to be mentioned again. though she did all she could to make her daughter's life a living hell in that time.

i happened to be pregnant at the same time and i was an immoral harlot until the twins were born. then my son and i were just the greatest. i will never forget that. my mom wasn't pleased that i was having a baby "out of wedlock" but she never pretended that she wasn't going to love her grandchild.

so i think CA propagates this particular lie because it covers for the baby shower coming after the birth of the baby.

cause baby showers are supposed to happen BEFORE the baby's born, not after. it beats admitting that the family was not happy about the pregnancy until the little girl was born and stole their hearts. CA cares a lot about what people think. though why still at this point, you got me.

a friend of mine - long time ago now - was pregnant. she didn't tell her family until she was about 6 months along. catholic family. mom's first reaction was, you have to have an abortion. after that she shamed her daughter every chance she got. had my friend convinced that the only choice was adoption. none of the neighbors knew my friend was pregnant.

then surprise! identical twins were born. next thing you know this is the greatest event in the history of humankind. all is forgiven, we just love these babies so much and we are so happy they were born. what went on during the pregnancy never to be mentioned again. though she did all she could to make her daughter's life a living hell in that time.

i happened to be pregnant at the same time and i was an immoral harlot until the twins were born. then my son and i were just the greatest. i will never forget that. my mom wasn't pleased that i was having a baby "out of wedlock" but she never pretended that she wasn't going to love her grandchild.

so i think CA propagates this particular lie because it covers for the baby shower coming after the birth of the baby.

BBM
You are spot on. Public perception of the Anthony family is paramount to Cindy. She will spend the rest of her life making excuses for what her daughter did to her granddaughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back