What did we learn today 6-29-2011

What did we learn today 6-29-2011 - Multiple Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB is the epitome and basis for every lawyer joke / lawyer stereotype and bad rap lawyers get. Lawyers get a bad rap due to lawyers like JB. He makes my skin crawl. An Emu would offer more compassion than JB!

I learned that Parents Magazine, Barnes & Noble, Florida Public Heath, and random online journals are peer reviewed journals.

I learned that I can do anything, anything, and it would be consistent with "grief".

I learned I'm not alone in thinking about my deceased son's fears.

I learned that Jeff Ashton never fails to please. :blowkiss:

I learned Casey can go from "weeping" to glaringly evil in a flash. :dervish:

I learned Jose Baez is the biggest hypocrite in the courtroom and the jury learned it, too. :burn:

Today was a very good day.

I learned that Parents Magazine, Barnes & Noble, Florida Public Heath, and online journals are peer reviewed.

Some online scientific journals are in fact peer reviewed but she did not mention any I was familiar with.

I learned that DS assumes alot of things.. and in my humble opinion if she believes any of the things she said today.. she is doing a heck of alot of magical thinking

I saw this on the Daily Beast today. It may not be obvious, but I made some notes on it.

5885128074_5a848a76b6_z.jpg

I also learned that we grieve before we experience loss. I mean, if we're to believe Dr. Sally, the magical thinking and risk-taking behaviors exhibited by ICA before the death of Caylee are indicative of grief.

Furthermore, I learned I really need to take advantage of the "comfort breaks" and sidebars. I may or may not have accidentally wet myself a little.

I have learned what a true pyschopath is today. Seeing Casey seething as her own father grieved for HER daughter confirmed for me her guilt. This was not an accident. She has no heart.

I learned today that I don't need to be a Disney Imagineer to have magical thinking in Orlando... I just need to be a tart with a tendency to lie, steal and murder.

On a more serious note: today I also learned that one persons grief and pain should never be another persons pleasure... I was sickened by what went on with George on the stand... Baez was enjoying George's anguish, far too much and I felt awful for watching it. This is something I must reconcile with my heart and brain if I plan to keep following cases.

I learned that it is perfectly OK for JB to have dinner at the Ritz Carlton with the man who molested KC and forced her to conceal the accidental drowning of Caylee and then tried to frame her for murder. It was OK to have dinner with the woman who emotionally abused KC for all her life. I guess he figured a free meal was a free meal no matter who the company was. But it was not OK for the jury to know about it!

I still think like many other's have already said on here that JB needs to go back to law school. First, to learn the what the word SUSTAIN means, because that is mainly what you hear while is is questioning a witness. He also needs to learn proper law techniques. He opens the door up on things and then wants to whine when the SA's want to ellaborate on the information that he brought up. That's just my opinion.

Go back to Law School. Please no. Perhaps that eatery he loves so much is hiring.

Some online scientific journals are in fact peer reviewed but she did not mention any I was familiar with.

She appeared to pull random titles out of the sky. It was totally bizarre. Even after JA explained what "peer reviewed journals" are, she still didn't seem to grasp his meaning. I guess she thought, if parents write for Parents magazine, a few parents edit Parents magazine, and many parents read Parents magazine, then surely it should be considered "reviewed by peers".

The lady was really trippin'. (Do people say that anymore?)

I learned that a Masters Degree in Musical Comedy ... in the words of the immortal Capt Ron: "it shows".

For those who did not hear the "credentialling" of the good grief counselor; she has a Masters in Musical Comedy.

That again today Jose Baez opened the door for the prosecution to submit evidence the DT does not want entered into evidence

She appeared to pull random titles out of the sky. It was totally bizarre. Even after JA explained what "peer reviewed journals" are, she still didn't seem to grasp his meaning. I guess she thought, if parents write for Parents magazine, a few parents edit Parents magazine, and many parents read Parents magazine, then surely it should be considered "reviewed by peers".

The lady was really trippin'. (Do people say that anymore?)

She may be an amazing grief counselor and an educator but if she was a researcher, surely she wouldn't have had such trouble with the whole concept of peer review. :cow:

I learned that a Masters Degree in Musical Comedy ... in the words of the immortal Capt Ron: "it shows".

For those who did not hear the "credentialling" of the good grief counselor; she has a Masters in Musical Comedy.

I thought I was the only one who was baffled by that. :waitasec: Don't forget, she also has the approval of Barnes & Noble. :eek:

Another sad day for the defense:boohoo: They call an expert on grief and under the prosecutions questioning, had to admit that any emotion can be attributed to grief as well as guilt. She refused to admit that the actions of casey anthony weren't normal for a grieving person. And then having been asked if she had been involved in cases dealing with mothers that kill their child, she stated that she was called as a expert in the susan smith case as well. Anybody want to gues if she testified in the same fasion, for the defense. I didn't watch the susan smith trial, but I would be willing to bet she did. The defense is failing in all excuses that they attempt to give to explain her behavior, and this expert witness came off to me as dishonest in many of her answers to the prosecutions questions. Oh, and earlier, the defense again tried to put blame on George Anthony. Smoke and Mirrors is all the defense has in this case. The rule for them is: Blame everyone else, and in attempt to bring in experts to show that the behavior of casey leading up to her arrest is a possible grief response! Question...Her behavior was the same all the way to her arrest, to include when caylee was missing and not yet found. Why then would she be grieving?

I learned that I can't take much more of the DTs CIC.

I learned that magical thinking is almost exactly like lying, except for.... oh, wait.... what's the difference again?

I thought I was the only one who was baffled by that. :waitasec: Don't forget, she also has the approval of Barnes & Noble. :eek:

Thanks Zoe! There were so many memorable moments in her character's time-on-stage; I had forgotten the BN citation.

I really, really don't think she has a clue about the weight of "peer reviewed".

Forgive an aside, academics never challenge each other in the faculty lounge because they in turn do not want to be challenged.

Some of you may have learned 'magical thinking' but today I learned 'The Twilight Zone' is a very real place 'cause I entered it this afternoon with the last witness. Rod Serling wasn't teasing all those years. :crazy:

Now I need to work on my 'monogram' and get my peer reviews updated exquisitely.

What I haven't learned ... is this it?? Is this all the DT has?

Poor George that was so sad. He was literally beat down. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member