2011.07.07 Lightening Strikes Tree @ Suburban Dr. Remains Site Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry. No one has proven it's a tree. It could have been a really tall bush. And, also, it's a pretty big leap to say that it was lightning! It could have been a photon torpedo blast. You all are just not connecting the dots for me! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Lightning has always been seen as some kind of sign from above because it is such a powerful, frightening, awe inducing phenomenon. You cannot help but feel fear deep from your within when you find yourself in the midst of a powerful thunderstorm. I feel much better after seeing that picture. Lord Have Mercy for she is treading on dangerous ground if she continues on her evil pathway...imoo.

That tree and Caylee are only things I want to remember about this case. :)

I think Casey Will wish she was in prison........ Her Hell is just beginning.
This is Way better than finding out she was sent to Prison for life.

I'm really glad it turned out the way it did.

I'm sorry. No one has proven it's a tree. It could have been a really tall bush. And, also, it's a pretty big leap to say that it was lightning! It could have been a photon torpedo blast. You all are just not connecting the dots for me! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Let's ask Dr. Bock....she might know. She really was a nice lady.

I think Casey Will wish she was in prison........ Her Hell is just beginning.
This is Way better than finding out she was sent to Prison for life.

I'm really glad it turned out the way it did.

Welcome to BELLA VITA KC....

I wonder if the tree will remain there with it's scars to remind us all of Caylee. Maybe the owner will order the tree removed like they removed the memorial tree in Zahra Baker's case. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLady2
I think I read sometime back that the Anthonys have never been to the memorial site, am I correct? I can't say that I blame them, I wouldn't want to see it either if I were them. But unfortunately, that's the only place where people can go to remember Caylee and pay their respects, because that's where she was found. I don't blame the A's for not wanting the memorial site at their home, though. That would bother me having to look at it every day as a constant reminder. They are going to think of her every minute of every day anyway, but maybe they prefer to remember her as she was in Life, not in Death.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually, yes the Anthony's have been to the Memorial Site. Undercover of darkness and close to midnight if I remember correctly.
They'd been there a couple of times from what I remember.

2 woman that were quite taken with this case early on, had been leaving stuffed animals and a cross at the site, and found them missing.
So, after discovering their items missing, they went again and placed a new cross and stuffed animals one night, then, hid and waited.

It wasn't long when George and Cindy showed up, followed with their good friends from KidFinders and chased the woman down.
The women got pictures of George driving and tried to press charges against them.

So, yeah, they've been there.
To remove items.
Make em disappear just like their daughter did to her baby....

So here's what's come to me since the lightning bolt moment -

I'm feeling very confident that everything's going to be alright.

She's not going to have it. People are sick of hearing about her already. The people who think justice was done don't care enough about the story to buy the book or see the movie. It was a headline they'll forget next week. The world moves on. Since she was sentenced - just yesterday! - we've had a hostage situation in the midwest, the final shuttle launch, a new nation born, and a former First Lady and cultural icon pass. The news moves on - for better or worse.

KC's a one-trick pony. This is all she gets. People who stay newsworthy innovate and inspire. They reinvent. They lead.

Hollywood's not interested. No one's welcoming them with open arms. Maybe it's BEST she make a little money off the scandal so that she doesn't live on welfare for her entire life, diverting resources that a single mom somewhere could use to help feed her kids.

She might stay news relevant for a short time still - but next year's an election year, we have short attention spans, and unless she gets into more trouble - everyone's going to have heard this story shortly. There's an expiration date on this sort of notoriety.

The worst punishment for a narcissist/sociopath is ignoring them.

Eh, so she may have a dozen groupies or so for awhile. Who cares? I spend my time with compassionate, dynamic, amazing souls both online and off.

No amount of money can buy that.

I do think the wake-up call we've had about some things is very important. The various causes and moments of enlightenment this has brought each of us - whether its to hug our kids tighter or to stand up for responsible civic duty. We've seen what apathy creates. We've seen that our collective voices add up to action. To me - to someone who fights for petition signatures - this is huge. This is a message to the people that you signature CAN HELP and your voice IS heard. We CANNOT let the minority speak for the majority. We'd become complacent and we all assumed "good" would win over "evil."

This week we learned we're all responsible for keeping goodness alive - every moment of every day.

She's not going to have it. People are sick of hearing about her already. The people who think justice was done don't care enough about the story to buy the book or see the movie. It was a headline they'll forget next week. The world moves on. Since she was sentenced - just yesterday! - we've had a hostage situation in the midwest, the final shuttle launch, a new nation born, and a former First Lady and cultural icon pass. The news moves on - for better or worse.

KC's a one-trick pony. This is all she gets. People who stay newsworthy innovate and inspire. They reinvent. They lead.

Hollywood's not interested. No one's welcoming them with open arms. Maybe it's BEST she make a little money off the scandal so that she doesn't live on welfare for her entire life, diverting resources that a single mom somewhere could use to help feed her kids.

She might stay news relevant for a short time still - but next year's an election year, we have short attention spans, and unless she gets into more trouble - everyone's going to have heard this story shortly. There's an expiration date on this sort of notoriety.

Eh, so she may have a dozen groupies or so for awhile. Who cares? I spend my time with compassionate, dynamic, amazing souls both online and off.

I do think the wake-up call we've had about some things is very important. The various causes and moments of enlightenment this has brought each of us - whether its to hug our kids tighter or to stand up for responsible civic duty. We've seen what apathy creates. We've seen that our collective voices add up to action. To me - to someone who fights for petition signatures - this is huge. This is a message to the people that you signature CAN HELP and your voice IS heard. We CANNOT let the minority speak for the majority. We'd become complacent and we all assumed "good" would win over "evil."

This week we learned we're all responsible for keeping goodness alive - every moment of every day.

:applause: Great post! Thank you isn't enough.

Indeed, that free advice passed out in regards to how righteous indignation is healthy was just as appreciated.

Yes, I know, it's only acceptable to feel enraged and those that do not agree belong in the corner. I won't stay in the corner and others should not be pushed there either.

I don't see anyone pushed into the corner for expressing their support of the jury's verdict. On the contrary, say all you want in support of the verdict. But those of us who don't agree also have a right to vent and express our opinions without being repeatedly told to move on, or that we are wasting our energy.

The labeling is flying both ways. People who disagree with the jury's verdict have been labeled "lynch mob," and insulted and dismissed as dumb and unpatriotic. Last night, I heard Cheney Mason, dripping with contempt, insult those who disagreed with the verdict and nag that we needed to read the constitution. I took great um bridge in Mr Mason's comments, especially since his defense bunch repeatedly defied the judges orders and may be held in contempt of court for doing so. They also seemed to have no problem throwing innocent witnesses under the bus to protect their client who (just speculating) I am pretty sure they knew was guilty in the trial just completed. I think maybe he should re-read the constitution himself. JMO, of course. Probably taking it too personally.

The main danger in all this, though, is that a murderer HAS been released into society, not a prospective one, not someone likely to incite or be incited into violence, but a woman who is actually responsible for the death of a child. Will she cause another death...more destruction, as that she heaped on her friends and family throughout this ordeal? Hope not. Her release may encourage others of similar ilk that they too will be able to harm others, then beat the system...as she did. Miscarriage of justice can encourage citizens to take matters into their own hands...which is why society should always work toward a system which keeps miscarriages to a minimum. We need to work on the system both ways. We need a system which keeps the innocent out but which puts the guilty in. Failure to do either is....well, failure. Better that only 1 guilty person need be released to keep 1 innocent from suffering, especially when you consider all the carnage (suffering of innocents) those 99 other guilty could inflict on society if permitted free reign.

:clap:

I love this post! It reminds me that this criminal has sucked the valuable resources away from so many hard-working and dedicated single parents and their children...from those who really do deserve our assistance, our attention and our time. It is a slap in the face to all the really "good single mothers" out there who day in and day out struggle to do whatever it takes to get by and just to give their kids even the bare minimum.

Ooh. I never thought of that.

You so smart, ecs!

So if it wasnt a tree. . .

Was was a shrubbery?

Originally Posted by Bullwinkle *
In the title of this thread, a moderator might want to change "Lightening" to "Lightning".

Originally Posted by Just K *
I kind of like that "pacific" spelling. It reminds me of childhood and the way we said it when we were little.*More tomato/tomatoh kind of issue, one I happen to like.

Originally posted by SarahEcho
I notice the "homophone" spelling error and I kind of like it, too. It raises the existential question of whether it's lightning or perhaps enlightening.

Our mod are very very smart.*

IIRC, Mark Twain said, "Choosing the right word is important...the difference between 'lightning' and 'lightning bug.'"

I think this 'typo' should be left exactly as is. jmo.*

Sorry about my typo guys, jeez, had a cat named this with the spelling and I guess I cant help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member