Imperfect Justice-Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, hopefully it will be available via kindle. I promised my DH (and myself) that I wouldn't buy another hardcover, since I have boxes full of hardcovers in storage.

I'm also curious as to how he wrote the book so quick -- unless he was writing it while the trial was going on (or taking notes at least). What's it been? 8 weeks or so since the verdict?

In any case I hope it's not a rush to get it on the shelves type of deal, but a very well thought out book.

MOOO

Mel

..you'll see on the cover that he wrote it WITH lisa pulitzer...

http://www.lisapulitzer.com/
---BIO--snipped---more @ link---

Lisa Pulitzer is a former correspondent for The New York Times. She is the author of more than a dozen non-fiction books in the areas of True Crime and Current Events. She has ghostwritten at least five hardcovers, among them a Number One New York Times bestseller about the Scott Peterson case.

..i'm sure her experience is one of the prime reasons that the book will be ready for release "so soon".

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/imp...c=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-je6NUbpObpQ-_-10:1
----Imperfect Justice. Prosecuting Casey Anthony--
----Jeff Ashton with Lisa Pulitzer.

Yup, hopefully it will be available via kindle. I promised my DH (and myself) that I wouldn't buy another hardcover, since I have boxes full of hardcovers in storage.

I'm also curious as to how he wrote the book so quick -- unless he was writing it while the trial was going on (or taking notes at least). What's it been? 8 weeks or so since the verdict?

In any case I hope it's not a rush to get it on the shelves type of deal, but a very well thought out book.

MOOO

Mel

I've been wondering the same thing, but then I thought maybe he's been
"writing" it for three years in his head??? I imagine him speaking into a recorder at night getting all his thoughts out of his mind...... Either way I can't wait for his book to come out. I ordered from B&N, they said Nov. 28.
And best of all it will be out before any of the others YAY!!!!! A part of me wishes there was a photo of FCA on the cover with her horns showing :)

Tough to keep all these initials straight sometimes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe LDB is allowed to voice opinions on cases as long as she is employed by the State of Florida. Is that correct?

I believe you are correct about LDB. Nonetheless, I would love to hear her take on this case, because I am nosy LOL.

I am not concerned in the least as to the speed in which this book was written. I am guessing it has already been written, or how would they know it is 256 pages? All he would have to do to find hot topics to discuss in the book would be to take a look at the thread titles on this site LOL. Unlike the CSI's at OCSO, he probably did not destroy his bench notes from this case.

He is very passionate, and when you combine passion, with the skill of a writer like Lisa P., and put that passion on paper, it would not take long at all to produce 256 pages of content.

The book has most likely already been polished and is ready to hit the presses. The preorders will give them a general idea as to how many copies they need to produce for the first edition. The production and distribution, along with the marketing will take some time. Book signings will likely be set up to coincide with the release of the book. Interviews prior to the release of the book will also be likely. Since this book seems to be very appealing to the masses, we will be hearing a lot from JA over the next couple months prior to the release of the book.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only

Kimster, Could you tell me if the link to order the book is only for amazon.com only? I'm wondering about amazon.ca since I'm in Canada. While Amazon owns both websites, sometimes the prices can be different. TIA.

I'm not sure as we've just started using this idea recently. :dunno:

MOOO

Mel

There is a pretty clear formula to an experienced person writing a book. I imagine Lisa has sketched out the primary points of the trial or evidence, had Jeff A. agree to them adding and subtracting what he wants to see - they would agree on perhaps thirty or so "highlights" where they want intense or detail accounts and opinions - and then have Jeff focus on those during the next three months. So really that gives him five months to do it.

I can imagine Jeff is spilling over with all of this. He could be recording it and having it "typed" out - to be reworked and reworked, added to etc. I can see it being done in that length of time. I'd guess his frustration and anger about the verdict has given him tremendous energy to complete this project.

They say writing a book (or a presentation, letter or the like) is like a sandwich. You have the intro - the white bread lid - the meat of the sandwich or book, the good stuff and then the close, which of course is the balance or other slice of white bread.

I'm really really looking forward to it.

There is a pretty clear formula to an experienced person writing a book. I imagine Lisa has sketched out the primary points of the trial or evidence, had Jeff A. agree to them adding and subtracting what he wants to see - they would agree on perhaps thirty or so "highlights" where they want intense or detail accounts and opinions - and then have Jeff focus on those during the next three months. So really that gives him five months to do it.

I can imagine Jeff is spilling over with all of this. He could be recording it and having it "typed" out - to be reworked and reworked, added to etc. I can see it being done in that length of time. I'd guess his frustration and anger about the verdict has given him tremendous energy to complete this project.

They say writing a book (or a presentation, letter or the like) is like a sandwich. You have the intro - the white bread lid - the meat of the sandwich or book, the good stuff and then the close, which of course is the balance or other slice of white bread.

I'm really really looking forward to it.

ITA. Considering what he went through with the A's and the DT much less Casey for three years, I wouldn't be surrpised if he kept a daily diary just to rant into. I know I'd be writing to save my sanity. I don't know how the DA's office did it, seriously! I would have lost my mind and punched Baez in the mouth, but they managed to stay professional and actually be nice at times to Baez! I swear, I'd have a couple of novels written by the time it was over! Writing is therapy for me, lol. Maybe it was for Ashton too!

ITA. Considering what he went through with the A's and the DT much less Casey for three years, I wouldn't be surrpised if he kept a daily diary just to rant into. I know I'd be writing to save my sanity. I don't know how the DA's office did it, seriously! I would have lost my mind and punched Baez in the mouth, but they managed to stay professional and actually be nice at times to Baez! I swear, I'd have a couple of novels written by the time it was over! Writing is therapy for me, lol. Maybe it was for Ashton too!

Yes! Agree! I think because of the tremendous amount of hours they must have spent in prep, discussion and debriefing each day - I wondered if he had time for his own diary or notes - because working six days a week I wondered how he even had time to sleep.

Now that I think about it, 225 pages indicates a lightweight & fast read - considering 3 year's work and a 1 month trial.

Thinking that one good beach day of reading & you'd polish it off. :sunshine:

(For me, it would be too sad to read at night.)

Reading JA's point of view will be priceless. And, it will be interesting to see if anything new is in those 225 pages that we haven't already read right here at WS.

It also makes me wonder if other experts who followed the trial might produce a tome that analyzes/opines as to what went wrong with the investigation & trial. Technically speaking - such legal analysis would be pretty interesting to read, IMO.

Looking forward to it. Except, it will make me so sad again to be reminded there was no justice for poor Caylee.

:sigh:

and

:cow:

Now that I think about it, 225 pages indicates a lightweight & fast read - considering 3 year's work and a 1 month trial.

Thinking that one good beach day of reading & you'd polish it off. :sunshine:

(For me, it would be too sad to read at night.)

Reading JA's point of view will be priceless. And, it will be interesting to see if anything new is in those 225 pages that we haven't already read right here at WS.

It also makes me wonder if other experts who followed the trial might produce a tome that analyzes/opines as to what went wrong with the investigation & trial. Technically speaking - such legal analysis would be pretty interesting to read, IMO.

Looking forward to it. Except, it will make me so sad again to be reminded there was no justice for poor Caylee.

:sigh:

and

:cow:

I'm hoping with the tremendous preprinting response, the publisher will "rethink" the number of pages and double it...:innocent:

It's been interesting to follow the pricing by the publisher/B&N to get to the "sweet spot" price point for the pre-publication price. At first it was $14.15, then went to $18.16 after it was taken off the site for a day, and now back to $17.54. It will indeed be interesting to see the final tally for this book as to ranking when it comes out as I'm not sure if the New York Times Best Seller list counts pre-publication numbers. Anybody know if they do? And thanks to the mods for bringing this thread back - <modsnip>

I'm hoping with the tremendous preprinting response, the publisher will "rethink" the number of pages and double it...:innocent:

...I suspect the galleys are done and out at the reviewers already - press being lined up, TV interviews and book signings are being booked. (I'm sure it's been in the pipeline for at least a year... probably since Ashton made his eminent retirement known - and I'm ok with that) It's release date positions well with November Sweeps for TV and "black friday" for Christmas sales. So as for a longer version???? Maybe a Part II

(not being critical - publishing is a business, and this a big house behind this book, the PR machine is fully engaged. I'm glad it's Ashton's book being benefited by the machine)

Jeff Ashton posted on his official Facebook page that FCA's picture will be on the cover of the book. He did not want this to happen according to him but it was the "publishers call." UGH! He said the only thing he controls is what is written in the book. I hope the publisher changes his/her mind. Until then, I will get my duct tape ready to make my own book cover.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=190526897679769&id=167094923356300

Angel Wings, you have done it AGAIN! You have posted something that made me laugh this time. Love your posts, and yep, will head to my garage on November 29th to copy your idea! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Jeff Ashton posted on his official Facebook page that FCA's picture will be on the cover of the book. He did not want this to happen according to him but it was the "publishers call." UGH! He said the only thing he controls is what is written in the book. I hope the publisher changes his/her mind. Until then, I will get my duct tape ready to make my own book cover.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=190526897679769&id=167094923356300

I, too am grateful for your idea. I will be implenting it with vicious pleasure as soon as I receive my copy :D

I pre-ordered yesterday. I am headed for a trip on December 1st and would LOVE to have this for reading on the plane.

I respect and admire JA so very much, and would love to hear his thoughts on this case....the thoughts he could not express in open court.

OT....I am a die-hard "book" person, although my family has been trying to talk me into a Kindle or Nook. At any given time, I have 4 or 5 books that I am reading.....one in the bedroom, one in the bathroom, one in the car...you get the idea. I have always wanted a Library in my home and my wonderful hubby made one for me. I love the way it looks, the way it smells, and I love looking at all the books in there and think to myself, "Wow, I read all of those."

Tough to keep all these initials straight sometimes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe LDB is allowed to voice opinions on cases as long as she is employed by the State of Florida. Is that correct?

I think you are right however, I would love to read a book written by LDB. She was going to question FCA if she took the stand. I've heard all good attorneys don't ask a question they don't already know the answer. JA said how long LDB planned on keeping FCA on the witness stand and it was a long time (I can't remember exactly how long JA said).

LDB said during a sidebar, if you bring up X then I'll bring up the HUNDREDS of checks FCA stole from Cindy.

I think LDB will be a judge one day and an excellent one at that so I don't think we'll see any books from her.

IMO

Going to preorder here too! WSers are going to push this to number one before it's even released LOL

While I'm over on amazon just for fun I might go ahead and pick up a copy of number 978-0595379118 FM's "Night Force" 2005 paperback also - remember he was the guy FCA texted back and forth with 20 times that July 10 (18 times), 11 (1 time), 12 (1 time).

Though it does sound like it has a silly plot. The first blurb of Amazon's product description of his book: The world isn’t a friendly place. People turn up missing almost daily, crimes go unsolved, and criminals go unpunished.

Everyone knows that never happens in real life :banghead:

Seeing FCA's image or being on the front page of a book does not bother me.

It is interesting the thoughts and reactions we get when we see certain images.

When I see Caylee it makes me happy and sad. Happy to have the opportunity to get to know her and remember her personality and mannerisms but so sad she was taken from us so soon.

When I see FCA it makes me angry and resolute. Angry that she got away with murder and she is such a cold heartless manipulator and resolute that I will never waiver from seeking justice for Caylee or softening my stance.

When I see the various faces of FCA, especially as we did at trial I see FCA for what she really is and ... look into the face of a child killer ... a defiant but spiteful <person> who will do literally anything for personal gain without any conscience.

It grounds me. Life has dangers and dangerous people and -- dangerous people's looks can be very deceptive. FCA is a classic example.

Going to preorder here too! WSers are going to push this to number one before it's even released LOL

While I'm over on amazon just for fun I might go ahead and pick up a copy of number 978-0595379118 FM's "Night Force" 2005 paperback also - remember he was the guy FCA texted back and forth with 20 times that July 10 (18 times), 11 (1 time), 12 (1 time).

Though it does sound like it has a silly plot. The first blurb of Amazon's product description of his book: The world isn’t a friendly place. People turn up missing almost daily, crimes go unsolved, and criminals go unpunished.

Everyone knows that never happens in real life :banghead:

Sounds like someone familiar ? No offense to you, though!

Product Details

* Reading level: Ages 9-12
* Paperback: 98 pages
:seeya:

It will be interesting to read his point of view, but I am hoping he has new things in it we didn't know. I also wonder if he has a few regrets like going for the death penalty for example.

Go to Pixel of Ink, if you join (free) you get daily emails of free/cheap books to download to your kindle or smartphone or Nook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993