ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just occurred to me that it seems a little odd that Robyn would be planning to do photo shoots when she had gained 20 pounds and was very possibly self conscious about her weight. So it's possible photo shoots were never in the equation after all.

Maybe she was insecure, but he provided her with reassurance that she still had what it takes. Con artists play on insecurities, weaknesses. Don't know what she was thinking.

There is a similar dress here:

gary-giordano-320.jpg

I think she wore similar dresses on these 3 days, not the same one. That would be odd indeed. Maybe she likes this type of dress because she was a bit self-conscious about her weight gain.

HS I have compared the dresses in all the footage we have seen so far and she is wearing the one with the blue stripes (as below) in all of it.
I agree the one in the picture you provided is different, it has yellow parts (and that picture was taken on another vacation).

It is acc. to the reports (ALE?) that she wears the same dress on Aug 1 and Aug 2, they have the original footage (hotel, RR etc) so I guess they know the dresses of these two days are the same.
With the addition of the picture of the evening of July 31, in which she wears the same dress, that makes it 3 days in a row. IMO

Maybe she left in a hurry, no time to pack a lot of stuff.

robynggaruba.jpg

This is just my opinion...but he looks manic or on speed.

Definitely "on" something. Look at the red bags under his eyes. That guy is a complete psycho and an obvious substance abuser. She doesn't look too "into it" either. Pretty scary photo. Where did that come from?

After establishing with certainty that the final photos of RG were indeed NOT surveillance cameras, but someone taking at least two photos of them as they were leaving, my suspicion is that person was taking them for a purpose not yet revealed by investigators. They say it was to photo her tattoos, yet her tattoos are not visible in the photos. From the angle, it appears it may have been the bartender. There is also a report that GG was acting suspiciously at the restaurant.

There appears to be more to the story on why those two photos were taken.

Robyn+Gardner+last+photos.jpg

How do these photos even serve that purpose? They don't show a cup. Plus I think you are equating American law with Aruban law. I doubt bartenders down there have to worry about such things.
GG's cup is visble in his left hand. So it could have been that the bartender was worried he might have an accident. jmo

HS I have compared the dresses in all the footage we have seen so far and she is wearing the one with the blue stripes (as below) in all of it.
I agree the one in the picture you provided is different, it has yellow parts (and that picture was taken on another vacation).

It is acc. to the reports (ALE?) that she wears the same dress on Aug 1 and Aug 2, they have the original footage (hotel, RR etc) so I guess they know the dresses of these two days are the same.
With the addition of the picture of the evening of July 31, in which she wears the same dress, that makes it 3 days in a row. IMO

Maybe she left in a hurry, no time to pack a lot of stuff.

robynggaruba.jpg

The one day we don't have a clear look at the dress is Aug 1. Maybe she wore a similar one on that day, then went back to the one she wore July 31 for the last day we see her.

She had plenty of time to pack, so that would not explain it for me. We know she told CJ about the trip, for example, or RF's report about her texting at 4 a.m. that she was coming over, then that she is going to the airport.

Probably not that important either way, in regards to solving the case.

The woman in that photo has nothing to cover up regarding her weight. JMO

I completely agree, but considering there is 20 lbs. difference and the fact that many women today are obsessed w/ their weight and tend to try to be overly thin to the point of almost emaciated, well, just look at Hollywood.:(

GG's cup is visble in his left hand. So it could have been that the bartender was worried he might have an accident. jmo

I can make out the cup knowing it is a cup from the other photos. But I still think he took these photos for another purpose than being worried they might have an accident and that he could get in trouble - JMO.

I can make out the cup knowing it is a cup from the other photos. But I still think he took these photos for another purpose than being worried they might have an accident and that he could get in trouble - JMO.

Me too, probably because GG was acting so strange and "suspicious". And maybe the guy that took the photos has really good instincts.

HS why (and by whom) do you think these pictures were taken?

Btw, allegedly it was the sister of a staffmember who took these pics.

Was that recent photo on another day? Was GG supplying RG with his own drinks then too because the cups are the same. :waitasec:

HS why (and by whom) do you think these pictures were taken?

Btw, allegedly it was the sister of a staffmember who took these pics.

I really don't know why they were taken, just that they are candid and not photos a person would normally take, IMO.

I hadn't heard that about the sister of a staffmember. It would be nice if a reporter simply asked her why she took the photos and let us know.

Was that recent photo on another day? Was GG supplying RG with his own drinks then too because the cups are the same. :waitasec:

I believe the date of that photo was reportedly Sunday, July 31st. And yes I noticed the blue cups again and concluded the same thing - that he was furnishing his own drinks again, even when in a night club (that is what it appears to me to be in the background.) He really took the economical route on that point, and per a report this was something he did in the past (forget where I saw that, but some earlier girlfriend I think.)

Wow, if this guy routinely insists on taking his own drinks to the bars, he is really cheap, imo. Which makes the fact he spent money on insurance policies more suspect unless he was expecting a payback. I know we don't personally buy insurance policies when we travel because we can't justify the extra expense, I mean, it's expensive enough as it is. No doubt in my mind, GG has something going on w/ these insurance policies, jmo.

Just viewed a report run on ABC nightline last night regarding the re-enactment and various reporting on the case.

Of interest was ABC reporting the have learned due to budget cuts certain critical evidence like Robyn's IPAD and blood were only sent for analysis a full month after Gardner disappeared.

I've heard reports of the blood before but it raises it's head again. Of course this is all part of the re-enactment but maybe more evidence will come out. Guess we'll wait and see.

Ohh GG looks $hiftfaced in that new photo of him, looks like drugs to me also. I'm only able to find out it was taken two days before she disappeared.

Here's a link to the nightline report in case someone wishes to view, it's in the first five minuites of the video.

http://abcnews.go.com/watch/nightli...e-919-reconstructing-missing-womans-movements

Wow, if this guy routinely insists on taking his own drinks to the bars, he is really cheap, imo. Which makes the fact he spent money on insurance policies more suspect unless he was expecting a payback. I know we don't personally buy insurance policies when we travel because we can't justify the extra expense, I mean, it's expensive enough as it is. No doubt in my mind, GG has something going on w/ these insurance policies, jmo.

P.S. If making travel plans a year in advance, I can see it, especially if it's an expensive trip, cruise or Europe, something like that. But this trip of GG's and Robyn's was planned, what, a month ahead? JMO

I completely agree, but considering there is 20 lbs. difference and the fact that many women today are obsessed w/ their weight and tend to try to be overly thin to the point of almost emaciated, well, just look at Hollywood.:(

Where did the 20 lbs weight gain come from?

Looking at the photos, one that the worker allegedly took where her back is to the camera, she looks pretty thin.

Where did the 20 lbs weight gain come from?

Looking at the photos, one that the worker allegedly took where her back is to the camera, she looks pretty thin.

Hey Annalia, we are getting that from her Modeling website where she weighed 110 lbs about two years ago, versus now on her FBI poster where she weighs 130 lbs. If you look at earlier photos of her she was definitely thinner. I agree, she's still not heavy in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
combszola