CA - Dr. Conrad Murray charged in the death of Michael Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have seen from the DT is ABC theories.

ANYONE BUT CONRAD

Something tells me these theories are not going to work out in their favor.

jmho

ANYONE BUT CONRAD

jmho

Michael Jackson death: Attorney Connie Rice among possible jurors

Prominent civil rights attorney Connie Rice is among the potential jurors in the trial of Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray.

Court officers led Rice and approximately 100 other prospective jurors down a court hallway lined with reporters Friday morning as the jury pool is winnowed down to a dozen who will decide Murray's fate.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...orney-connie-rice-among-potential-jurors.html

Michael Jackson death: Attorney Connie Rice among possible jurors

Prominent civil rights attorney Connie Rice is among the potential jurors in the trial of Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray.

Court officers led Rice and approximately 100 other prospective jurors down a court hallway lined with reporters Friday morning as the jury pool is winnowed down to a dozen who will decide Murray's fate.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...orney-connie-rice-among-potential-jurors.html

ANYONE BUT CONRAD

jmho

I agree--it's my opinion too. Mark Geragos, who represented Michael in the 2005 case before Tom Mesereau took over (rather brilliantly too!), said yesterday about jury selection in the case:

"In death he has become more beloved than in the last 10 years of his life," said defense attorney Mark Geragos. . . . "Anybody who has a couple of neurons firing and their synapses are working can figure what a lawyer wants to see," said Geragos. "Until you look them in the eye, until you see body language, micro expressions and everything else, you don't know what else is really going on."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ent&id=8364735

The defense tactics will be to try Michael Jackson instead and blame him for his own death. No matter what they purport, they cannot explain how a cardiologist believes that he can administer Propofol in a home setting, without any resuscitation equipment, administer this anesthetic on top of doses of benzos previously administered, leave the patient unmonitored, make cell calls out of the patient's room, lie to emergency medical staff as well as hospital staff, disappear without explanation, attempt to cover-up the scene--and be so totally arrogant and condescending as to believe yourself innocent (this last point is MO obviously, but this quack should have had his license revoked 2 years ago).

The defense will employ a smoke and mirrors defense, not as outrageous as in the OKC trial, but nonetheless outrageous because most medical experts agree that what Murray did was beyond negligence.

ANYONE BUT CONRAD

jmho

I agree--it's my opinion too. Mark Geragos, who represented Michael in the 2005 case before Tom Mesereau took over (rather brilliantly too!), said yesterday about jury selection in the case:

"In death he has become more beloved than in the last 10 years of his life," said defense attorney Mark Geragos. . . . "Anybody who has a couple of neurons firing and their synapses are working can figure what a lawyer wants to see," said Geragos. "Until you look them in the eye, until you see body language, micro expressions and everything else, you don't know what else is really going on."

The defense tactics will be to try Michael Jackson instead and blame him for his own death. No matter what they purport, they cannot explain how a cardiologist believes that he can administer Propofol in a home setting, without any resuscitation equipment, administer this anesthetic on top of doses of benzos previously administered, leave the patient unmonitored, make cell calls out of the patient's room, lie to emergency medical staff as well as hospital staff, disappear without explanation, attempt to cover-up the scene--and be so totally arrogant and condescending as to believe yourself innocent (this last point is MO obviously, but this quack should have had his license revoked 2 years ago).

The defense will employ a smoke and mirrors defense, not as outrageous as in the OKC trial, but nonetheless outrageous because most medical experts agree that what Murray did was beyond negligence.

Its been a bad smogarsbord of excuses from the DT since the beginning. :sick:

This case is quite simple and even with the recent fiasco in FLA I have faith the jury will come back with the "G" word.
DT should have begged for a plea deal.

Of course these are just my opinions.

Its been a bad smogarsbord of excuses from the DT since the beginning. :sick:

This case is quite simple and even with the recent fiasco in FLA I have faith the jury will come back with the "G" word.
DT should have begged for a plea deal.

Of course these are just my opinions.

I sure hope you're right Bozgal. This case has nothing to do with what Michael did or didn't do--it is about what Dr. Murray did and didn't do that ended in the death of Michael Jackson. The truly sickening part is that Michael will be tried once again in the media. Ths like JVM keep dredging up the 2005 trial, which again has nothing to do with this trial. There are many of us who thoroughly investigated the allegations in 1993 and 2005, and the jury got it right in 2005. It's too bad that it has always been more profitable for the media to portray Michael as guilty, when the evidence is and was overwhelming to the contrary. However, there is an effort to keep the focus in the media where it needs to be in this trial--the defendant and his role in Michael's death.

The jury is now set and the trial begins with opening statements on Tuesday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/24/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/index.html

I sure hope you're right Bozgal. This case has nothing to do with what Michael did or didn't do--it is about what Dr. Murray did and didn't do that ended in the death of Michael Jackson. The truly sickening part is that Michael will be tried once again in the media. Ths like JVM keep dredging up the 2005 trial, which again has nothing to do with this trial. There are many of us who thoroughly investigated the allegations in 1993 and 2005, and the jury got it right in 2005. It's too bad that it has always been more profitable for the media to portray Michael as guilty, when the evidence is and was overwhelming to the contrary. However, there is an effort to keep the focus in the media where it needs to be in this trial--the defendant and his role in Michael's death.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/09/24/justice/california-conrad-murray-trial/index.html

The media coverage is so PATHETIC I seldom watch anything.
No reason to run my blood pressure up.
I plan on watching trial live stream and just do not need the constant nonsense and commercial breaks.

jmho

The media coverage is so PATHETIC I seldom watch anything.
No reason to run my blood pressure up.
I plan on watching trial live stream and just do not need the constant nonsense and commercial breaks.

jmho

Does anyone know if there will be a Conrad Murray thread/board? Please PM me if anyone can find it or else is this the place to post?:seeya:

Does anyone know if there will be a Conrad Murray thread/board? Please PM me if anyone can find it or else is this the place to post?:seeya:

I was wondering this too.

I wasnt goning to watch the trial as I have been uninterested in the case so far. Not following it at all, I decided I would watch/post , if there is a real time thread on the forum.

I was wondering this too.

I wasnt goning to watch the trial as I have been uninterested in the case so far. Not following it at all, I decided I would watch/post , if there is a real time thread on the forum.

Claims Michael Jackson drank intravenous drugs

"The late singer's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray faces trial next week over the involuntary manslaughter of the 'King of Pop' - who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009 - and his legal team are reportedly planning to show how addicted the "crazy" star was to medications to help him sleep.

The claims come after an autopsy report showed the intravenously administered sedative was swilling in his stomach hours after his death.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Conrad Murray's team can't understand how Propofol got into the stomach.

"It does not make sense unless Michael drank it. To them that will show the world how much of an addict he was."

more at http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10753007

I think going with this would be a huge mistake.

Several anesthesiologists have spoken out about this subject and said it is impossible to overdose on propofol by ingesting it.

The doctors said some of the propofol can leak into the stomach after death once the liver and kidneys are no longer functioning.

IMO

Claims Michael Jackson drank intravenous drugs

"The late singer's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray faces trial next week over the involuntary manslaughter of the 'King of Pop' - who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009 - and his legal team are reportedly planning to show how addicted the "crazy" star was to medications to help him sleep.

The claims come after an autopsy report showed the intravenously administered sedative was swilling in his stomach hours after his death.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Conrad Murray's team can't understand how Propofol got into the stomach.

"It does not make sense unless Michael drank it. To them that will show the world how much of an addict he was."

more at http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10753007

I think going with this would be a huge mistake.

Several anesthesiologists have spoken out about this subject and said it is impossible to overdose on propofol by ingesting it.

The doctors said some of the propofol can leak into the stomach after death once the liver and kidneys are no longer functioning.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member