MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna call right now! I want a dog that can talk. Especially if his grammar has improved considerably!

:floorlaugh:
I missed that abrupt segue! I think I've cracked a rib laughing. No more dangling prepositions from Fido!

I haven't ben able to really keep up with these threads, so I apologise if these have already been discussed and dissected to death, but two thoughts-

The first being how somebody would know the house is "safer" because dad isn't there- if he drives a company van, it would presumably be easy to tell when he's there and when he isn't. Does anybody know if he has had the vehicle for awhile or if it was a relatively recent perk that somebody might notice outside the house?

Two- We're all trying to figure out why a ten month old was kidnapped. Given her stats* and those birthday party pictures (where you can see that she is relatively tall and doesn't have much of the "baby" look), if it was a crime of oppourtunity she might have been mistaken for an older child. Which really isn't a good thing.

*And these parents could describe her down to the location of a bug bite, so I don't believe that they were unobservant.

I agree with you 100%. Did you watch that long video they had of the reenactiment? I am having trouble finding it in my history. At one point the lady filming it really zooms in on the guy standing inside the room after he crawled in and he is just standing there. Whole thing is really weird.

The whole thing looked like a show to me for someone in the neighborhood maybe.

The officer got in. Maybe it wasn't graceful but I really don't understand the idea that it somehow showed it was not possible to get in through the window. It's clearly is possible. It's big enough for someone to get in. Now, did someone get in? That's a whole another story.

My experience with media journalists is that they often get the facts wrong. I don't know if it's the short hand or what. I have had quotes (with actual quotation marks) attributed to me that I not only didn't say,but were wrong! I've quit giving interviews ,both TV and print. I only believe it if I heard the actual person say it. Even then,they edit ,so who knows? It's all about sensationalism,not the facts.
News shows are more entertainment than truth,IMO.

Couldn't agree with you more. I think all news sources lose alot in their translations. I try to watch Fox and CNN and somewhere, in between the two extremes, lies the truth of the matter.

Your comment about the quotes is really disturbing though, because when someone is quoted, I expect that to be accurate :eek:!

I don't blame you for choosing not to give interview if that is the case. I don't think that I would want to either.

I agree with your points. Years later my grown kids have regaled me with their stories of the many times they snuck out when they were teens. I am actually surprised because I did used to peek into their rooms when I woke up to use the bathroom or let the dogs out, which is quite often. But apparently they were able to sneak in and out in the wee hours dozens of times and neither my husband or I ever heard them come or go. Probably because my DH's snoring drowns everything out.

When I was growing up we lived in a house that had a balcony just above my parents bedroom window. A pine tree grew to the side of it. My sister was 6 years older than me and had friends sneak in by the balcony. How did my parents not hear anything?
I was a real scaredy cat and made my dad chop the tree down.

The "defense team" would not be responsible for establishing the mode of entry, only that the scene was consistent with the observations they gave officers.

The window was tampered with. That's what they said. They also said it appeared to them that the window opening wasn't large enough to admit an intruder.

I do not, however, believe if it should somehow become a point of contention anyway, that the defense could not repeat the experiment with more success. Officer "tripper's" performance could be improved upon, I'm certain.

A defense team tries to point out other possibilities in order to provide reasonable doubt. LE will have a video of a re-enactment that shoots down that possibility. Of course, the defense team is free to provide their own re-enactment as Scott Peterson's tried with the boat. We all know how well that worked out for the defense.

JMO

But wouldn't they say that. Instead they say " it didn't pan out." That does not mean imo, that they found the guy and he was a neighborhood dad. That means they have no information and do not know anything more about it. imoo

Hmmm, I don't know. I think it could be seen as a sighting of a baby that wasn't Baby Lisa, so saying "the tip didn't pan out" could be used the same as they use it if someone thinks they saw the baby in public.

Who knows, though, they are very tightlipped.

Oh My, 150 guests, come join us and give your point of view, we need ideas.
You know you want to :D

Maybe that 150 is half of the 300 LE force working on this case......

JUST KIDDING!!! :great:

Thanks for the welcome!

Another issue that is bugging me is the photos released of the house with the items in the crib (tub & boxes). Does this mean that LE has already released the house and that family has already come in to change/clean. I just don't see how LE can be sure that they have collected all the forensic evidence already. Am I the only one that finds this strange? I would think that the house would remain sealed and/or off limits for evidence preservation purposes.

What if the baby was cold to the touch and clearly dead by the time they discovered her?

EMTs say, "a child isn't dead, until s/he's warm and dead." Children can be revived, especially in a drowning situation, after quite a while if they are cold.

I hope LE did a very intensive examination of that window sill before they staged their breakin. If perp had of entered that window, there most likely would be some clothing fibers rubbed off into the side of house or sill. It would be a tight squeeze up and into that window. Fibers could be on the window itself (LE said window fell down onto his legs). Now, there will also be the officer's fibers. So, I hope they really examined it well first.

I'm on the fence at this point, I hate to accuse innocent people but it's hard not to be suspicious at this point. Praying she is found safe and sound...

A defense team tries to point out other possibilities in order to provide reasonable doubt. LE will have a video of a re-enactment that shoots down that possibility. Of course, the defense team is free to provide their own re-enactment as Scott Peterson's tried with the boat. We all know how well that worked out for the defense.

JMO

That was a juror who attempted the reinactment, not the defense, if I remember correctly. A juror jumped into the boat and tried to get it rocking.

Ed Smart and Marc Klass were both treated as suspects . Ed,for quite awhile,IIRC.
We are all just guessing at this point.

I did say "IF" the parents are innocent....

But Ed Smart and Marc Klaas are still victims, as are their extended family members, the siblings, and the mothers of Elizabeth and Polly. In Polly's case I'd include the other little girls who were there during the kidnapping.

The intruder IMO, was either:

• Really stupid/desperate/dumb and lucky all at the same time.
- OR -

Someone who knew:

• Dad was working late, really late that night.
  • That mom and boys were sleeping.
  • Mom would have the older boy, and not the baby in her bed.
  • That mom would close all the bedroom doors at night.
  • Which door was the door to the baby's room.
  • The three cell phones were the only phones in the house.
  • Baby Lisa would not cry or fight being taken out of her crib.
  • They would not be seen entering or exiting.
  • The dog, and neighbor's dogs wouldn't bark at them.
Oh, and also -

The person was also an expert at breaking and entering into occupied homes.
They left no fingerprints, hairs, or DNA at the scene.

It seems to me there would have been a shoe print outside that window... and inside the home... also, a fiber from the kidnappers shirt up against that widow sill....

Thanks for the welcome!

Another issue that is bugging me is the photos released of the house with the items in the crib (tub & boxes). Does this mean that LE has already released the house and that family has already come in to change/clean. I just don't see how LE can be sure that they have collected all the forensic evidence already. Am I the only one that finds this strange? I would think that the house would remain sealed and/or off limits for evidence preservation purposes.

I still don't understand why mom is still toting the Barney doll. It should be in a laboratory being tested for evidence. Lisa slept with the Barney doll.

I hope LE did a very intensive examination of that window sill before they staged their breakin. If perp had of entered that window, there most likely would be some clothing fibers rubbed off into the side of house or sill. It would be a tight squeeze up and into that window. Fibers could be on the window itself (LE said window fell down onto his legs). Now, there will also be the officer's fibers. So, I hope they really examined it well first.

I think they did. They were out there with fingerprint kits and cameras, and then later with a little evidence vacuum, going over the window sill.

In my opinion, it would be visually obvious if anyone had gone in or out through that window sill. Compared to the other windows in the house, it would be dust free and you should be able to see clear areas where it was completely clean. Other outdoor window sills of the house would have a very even coating of dust and debris.

Yes, he did. His little brother still isn't speaking to him because he really liked the girl and I'm ready to kill him for making me do all that work for a girl he didn't even plan to date for another 8 hours. My time would have been much better spent here trying to keep up with the thread. :banghead:

NOW I understand it; I thought he had spilled the food on her or worse. :)

I agree with you 100%. Did you watch that long video they had of the reenactiment? I am having trouble finding it in my history. At one point the lady filming it really zooms in on the guy standing inside the room after he crawled in and he is just standing there. Whole thing is really weird.

The whole thing looked like a show to me for someone in the neighborhood maybe.

I LOL at the guy who did the dive through the window. Wonder how he landed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member