MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I wish Mom would use Baby Lisa's name! I believe I have heard her refer to Baby Lisa by name only once or twice.

we Southerners tried to explain many posts back why this happens -- common reflection .

HLN
Vinnie Politan Live

Ed L., CNN Correspondent:

focusing attention in creek area behind t home; continuing for t last 2-3 days-attention behind the house (creek there)

Reading that makes me ill. I hope baby Lisa is found alive and well.

imo

Statement analysis says, that when parents don't use the child's name it's an indication of abuse.
I am very certain that these children were NOT abused, but that is my personal opinion and most around here.

Does anyone remember a case not that long ago when a missing baby was found under the bed of mom's friend ,in a box. Baby was alive. I'm trying to remember the circumstances,but mom was in on it ,IIRC.

That was Shannon Dietrich. Her father's aunt was the one who had the baby. I called the local sheriff to let them know that the aunt had a past history of being suspected in the disappearance of her own step-son (who has never been found). Within hours, baby Shannon was found and saved from harm.

Statement analysis says, that when parents don't use the child's name it's an indication of abuse.

Not directed at you...just a general statement.

Well...when my children were babies....I referred to them as "the baby" a lot. Probably as much or more than I used their names. I can assure you that they were never abused. I love them with ever fiber of my being, and the term "the baby" was never impersonal to me, or intended to distance myself from my child.

There are exceptions to everything, and without knowing Debbie, I would not condemn her for that.

I am very certain that these children were NOT abused, but that is my personal opinion and most around here.

I completely agree.

A lot of people don't refer to their babies by name, but call them "the baby". Especially when it's not the first. They have their older children, and "the baby".

Has this teen been ID'd by LE?? If not, how do we know he/she lives in the house that has been searched?? Is that home the only one in the neighborhood where a teen lives?? How unfair to insinuate or flat out say that the teen some are saying is "troubled" lives there! What if that info is wrong??
Again you guys are misreading things. Nobody said the 'teen' is troubled at all. Only that there are 'issues' in the neighborhood with this house. A teen lives there that was questioned by LE and they are looking at this backyard.

Today, 04:54 PM
DLT88
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2010

Quote:

When I see that window, I'm wondering if a woman about 110 pounds got through there. That window looks very accessible to me. I could easily put my back to the house and scoot my butt partially on that brick ledge. And then just swing one leg in and then the other and not make a sound. People have actually used me a lot when they've locked themselves out and need someone to get through an open space to go inside and unlock the front door.

One speculation could be that a woman that size could have done the abduction. They are only using men for the recreation and that might not be accurate as far as noise level and ease or difficulty getting through the window.

I agree, it wouldn't be difficult imo. When my doorknob fell off I would enter and exit through my front window, or my dog door. jme

That was Shannon Dietrich. Her father's aunt was the one who had the baby. I called the local sheriff to let them know that the aunt had a past history of being suspected in the disappearance of her own step-son (who has never been found). Within hours, baby Shannon was found and saved from harm.

How did she get the baby? And wasn't it an older baby,not a newborn?
Kudos to you!

I agree, it wouldn't be difficult imo. When my doorknob fell off I would enter and exit through my front window, or my dog door. jme

Okay, sometimes you just need a little levity. I actually laughed out loud picturing a full grown woman coming into her home, over and over, (like with groceries and stuff) through the doggy door, because the front doorknob had fallen off. ;D

Not directed at you...just a general statement.

Well...when my children were babies....I referred to them as "the baby" a lot. Probably as much or more than I used their names. I can assure you that they were never abused. I love them with ever fiber of my being, and the term "the baby" was never impersonal to me, or intended to distance myself from my child.

There are exceptions to everything, and without knowing Debbie, I would not condemn her for that.

I was just referring to parents when they are giving statement about a missing child. Sorry, I had a statement analysis explanation, but it came from a blog. When parents of missing children don't use the child's name when speaking of them, or use the name less than 10% of the time, it's said to be an indication of abuse.

I am thinking that if the parents abused Lisa that it may have been a shaken baby type incident, because there isn't reason to believe she had been abused long term.

Sorry for the confusion, I just hastily chopped my original post because I couldn't use the source that I had. I'll try to link to another site.

In the previous thread, someone had speculated that the glass might be glass bottles used for evidence collection. I don't work in a crime lab, just a research lab, but I can tell you that if we have a choice between glass and some other material, we always choose the other. ;) we live by the rule that "if it can be broken, it will be." :innocent:

Re:the baby monitor being turned off or not...when I was doing eletrophysiology with multiple-channel amps and speakers, if we had a mismatch between the channels (eg., amp set to channel 1 and spkr set to ch2), we would get static, as others have mentioned happens with baby monitors. I have only worked with 2 systems, but they both worked this way, and I ASSumed that it was a rule in electronics or audio. If so, maybe the abductor wouldn't need to be familiar with baby monitors per se, just with electronics or audio systems in general.

Does anyone remember a case not that long ago when a missing baby was found under the bed of mom's friend ,in a box. Baby was alive. I'm trying to remember the circumstances,but mom was in on it ,IIRC.

Are you thinking of Shannon Matthews in the UK? This happened the spring of 2008.

The mystery surrounded the 24-day abduction of British nine-year-old Shannon Matthews which deepened after claims that her mother was having an affair with the man suspected of kidnapping her.

The girl's disappearence sparked a major search. She was found hidden in a box at the base of a bed at a house less than two kilometres from her family home.

After she was rescued her mother wanted her back. Nine year old Shannon who was placed in a foster home was happy in her new home and adored the kitten police gave her as comfort after her ordeal.

I completely agree.

A lot of people don't refer to their babies by name, but call them "the baby". Especially when it's not the first. They have their older children, and "the baby".

agreed. My husband refers to our son as "the boy" or "son" and our daughter as "daughter".

Very rarely does he use their given names when conversing with others or with me. Our children are well loved and their daddy dotes on them, particularly "daughter" who is also sometimes "princess" and "queenie"

Wondered if the mom and dad would ever call Lisa by her name. I'm not saying I think Lisa was abused but not saying the child's name distances the parents.

imo

How did she get the baby? And wasn't it an older baby,not a newborn?
Kudos to you!

She went into the family's home in the middle of the night and took the baby. I think Shannon was around 7 or 8 months old (my memory does not work well when I am sick, so I cannot remember precisely).

Baby Shannon was found under the aunt's bed in a small wooden trunk that had a few holes drilled in it for air. Her diaper had not been changed in approximately 12 hours. There was a box of baking soda inside the box in an attempt to hide or disguise any unsavory smells coming from within.

Okay, sometimes you just need a little levity. I actually laughed out loud picturing a full grown woman coming into her home, over and over, (like with groceries and stuff) through the doggy door, because the front doorknob had fallen off. ;D

:D I am sure my neighbors laughed too

I heard the reporter state that the ex-inlaws said Deborah had a chequered past and they had issues with her about seeing their grandchild.

(trying to find link)

I remember this, the reporter said more to come about Deborah's chequered past, and eluded that the parents had a lot to say that wasn't good about Deborah. But then never heard anymore a/b it, and that was days ago..:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes