Interviews Lisa's Parents Good Morning America, Fox, The Today Show 10/17/2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Joe T. the defense has cut off the communication between Lisa's parents and anymore interviews. I'm glad that Megan got to get her's in before that happened.

Wait, she has officially lawyered up?

Deborah said she was drunk. I call bull hockey on 5 glasses of wine.
Drinking until one gets a buzz is leaning towards being unfit mothering, imo.
Happens all the time --right?:banghead:

Children need to be taken care of, watched over and protected.

D showed what can happen when a mom gets drunk.

She needs to tell what happened to this precious baby.
Instead she may be singing the alcohol overdrinkers poor me anthem. :furious:

imo

imo

:banghead::banghead: So, I guess DB just "clocked out" from her job as mother and caregiver at 6:40 pm to have some "adult time" for herself and never looked back????

My first post here.

im from the UK but been following lisa's story from the start.im all for innocent before proven guilty but from what i've been reading on here,it doesn't look good for DB.i've got a 2 1/2 yr old and a baby a few weeks older than lisa and i know for sure i wouldn't be getting drunk enough to pass out when they are here and i'm the sole caregiver.
im praying for a miracle like everyone else is that lisa is safe and being cared for but i've got a horrible feeling in my gut that this isn't the case.

can someone explain what a grand jury is and what is it they do? we don't have this in the uk so not sure what they are called for etc?

are there any links for the FOX interview?

sorry in advance if they have already been posted but i'm pages behind.

lisa will be in my prayers tonight :praying:

Almost every county in every state has a grand jury, which is made up of citizens. Depending on the size of the county, the grand jury meets on a regular basis of once a week, or twice a month, or in the case of a small county it may even been once a month. The grand jury meetings are not open to the public and the proceedings are secret.

The purpose of the grand jury is to hear evidence by law enforcement and the District Attorney in a case and determine if there's enough evidence to proceed with charging someone with a crime. After hearing evidence presented, the grand jury can request to have individual people testify before the grand jury in their quest to determine if there's a case.

If the grand jury hands down an indictment against an individual or individuals, the case proceeds to an arrest and charges.

Joe Tacopina just held a press conference and he appears to be representing the parents.

ICK. As unsavory as he is I'm relieved to know they didn't get Baez. I can't deal with anymore of THAT! :woohoo:

I thought he meant he was at the Police station being interrogated for 2 hours....moo

No, in the M. Kelly interview Jeremy said LE implied he could have done something during the 2 hours he was home. I really have questions about timeline.

I think that if my only phones were shut off for non payment I would be using the wine money to help get them back on again.

I agree. And if she frequented that store often, and bought wine often, LE would be able to figure it out. If you use those discound cards at stores, doesn't it track all your purchases? That way LE would be able to find out if she was a frequent box-o-wine purchaser?

MOO

Mel

Is drinking to the point of (i) describing oneself as "drunk", (ii) possibly having blacked out and (iii) being unable to recall what you did really what you would call "social drinking"?

An innocent, beautiful, 10 month old baby was in her care! IMO, we, as a society, have got to condemn this sort of behavior. This is the kind of thing we all should be judging. Otherwise, people like DB end up with missing babies, sitting on national TV and talking about it as though it's a normal behavior.

Oh no, not at all. What I was meaning to say is that what disturbs me more than the fact she was drinking is that she lied. I just don't get it. If my kid was missing, I would spill my guts about everything little thing in hopes that they would find them. The fact she lied shows me that she is selfish, cares more about what happens to her or what people think than giving the police every morsel of information.

Her demeanor was also disturbing to me. Flippant was the perfect word. I don't know if she purposefully did something to her child, but I do believe there is more to the story than she is telling.

( what is "just drunk"? )

http://video.insider.foxnews.com/v/1222193477001/sneak-peek-lisa-irwins-

Megyn: how drunk were you?
Deborah: just drunk.
Megyn: were you slurring your words? Were you stumbling?
Deborah: I don’t think so..
Megyn: is it possible you had a black out?
Deborah: it’s a possibility. I mean just like anybody else when you drink you don’t remember the things that happened and stuff like that but, yeah, it’s a possibility, but once again it has nothing to do with my daughter.

right----possibly blacked out, doesn't remember anything ----but----what could this possibly have to do with the missing baby??...good grief.

Oh no, not at all. What I was meaning to say is that what disturbs me more than the fact she was drinking is that she lied. I just don't get it. If my kid was missing, I would spill my guts about everything little thing in hopes that they would find them. The fact she lied shows me that she is selfish, cares more about what happens to her or what people think than giving the police every morsel of information.

Her demeanor was also disturbing to me. Flippant was the perfect word. I don't know if she purposefully did something to her child, but I do believe there is more to the story than she is telling.

I agree. Precious little information given and now I can't believe one stinking word that comes out of thier mouths. :furious:

I call my phone a lot of times when I can't find it. Sometimes I misplace it or leave it in my purse....True, if they were stolen, that wouldn't help.
I know of a case where a guy stole someone's car with their cell in it. The owner called the cell...and the car thief answered the phone!!!:crazy:

This is my first post. I have been reading at WS for a while, but when I saw the interviews this morning where DB admitted she had been drunk that night, an idea popped into my head. So I decided to join and share my "theory". It is probably silly, but I thought I would share. Hopefully this doesn't make me sound like an idiot.

I know most of you here don't believe that Lisa was abducted from her home that night, but I think it is possible. Here's the thing: DB was drunk(passed out?) and she had the fan on high, so I can see how if someone had entered the home I honestly believe that she wouldnt have heard anything.

What IF, the neighbor friend that she was drinking with told someone about the situation in the Irwin/Bradley home that night? I don't mean for any nefarious reasons, but what if she went home at 10:30 and had a conversation with someone, either someone in her home or even on the phone, about her and DB drinking. ie: "Oh yeah, we had a little wine. Well actually Debra had a LOT of wine, she was pretty sloshed. I bet she passed out right after I left." Maybe even adding in the details of Jeremy working the night shift and the boys being asleep.

I AM NOT trying to say the neighbor had anything to do with it. She could have just been relating what happened during her visit. BUT, if the person she talked to knew these details, they could have had bad intentions, or even told ANOTHER person, and that person went in and took Lisa, as they knew that it would be a prime time to do it and get away with it. (dead to the world mom, dad not home, etc.)

As for WHY this person would do this, I have no idea. People do evil things everyday that make no sense to me. Like I said, just a thought I had.

MOO

:)

The effect of Xanax only makes the alcohol more "effective", and more debilitating. (My own experience and what reports say, as well)

when I read this and yes I am pages behind.........all I could think of was zanny the nanny thing...........shut kid up so I can have fun.........KWIM?
OMG, I am sick after seeing this interview!

What do the parents need this guy for? Maybe because momma knows she'll need a bottom-feeder?

Ex-Van der Sloot attorney Joe Tacopina says parents of missing Kansas City baby have hired him.

Who's paying for this high priced attorney who defends the indefensible? Sounds like a right winner!

"He's slick, he's got a big ego, and he'll represent any ."

He wears window-pane suits and a $6,500 Panerai watch. He's on TV more than Jeff Probst. He loves Italian soccer. He drives a Maserati. He sails his own 49-foot yacht.

http://www.newser.com/article/d9qe8...-missing-kansas-city-baby-have-hired-him.html

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/the_devils_advocate_j4ywLTM11sbdWHvkn0KmgL

I think I'm gonna be sick. Where are you baby Lisa? Who's going to fight for YOU!

MOO

Mel

----what does a spider web have to do with their latest theory that "the kidnapper" DID come in through the window?

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/1...mpaign=Feed:+FoxNewsInsider+(Fox+News+Insider

"Jeanine Pirro and Megyn Kelly also discussed inconsistencies in the Irwins claims about whether someone could have broken into their home through an open window.

At the time of Judge Pirro’s interview with the Irwins a week and a half ago, they repeatedly stated that no one could have broken in through the window because the screen was only moved slightly.

Now, in Megyn Kelly’s interview, they state that they absolutely believe that is how someone came into the home and snatched their 11-month-old daughter."

Megyn: do you think they came in through that window?
Deborah: absolutely, absolutely.
Jeremy: I think so
Megyn: how? b/c the screen was pushed off only a small amount?
Deborah: unh, uh.. we took pictures later, it was off the track.
Jeremy: it’s popped out of the track, and there’s a spider web on it, so it looks like it was pushed in, and then up, cause the spider web was rolled up.

( what is "just drunk"? )

http://video.insider.foxnews.com/v/1222193477001/sneak-peek-lisa-irwins-

Megyn: how drunk were you?
Deborah: just drunk.
Megyn: were you slurring your words? Were you stumbling?
Deborah: I don’t think so..
Megyn: is it possible you had a black out?
Deborah: it’s a possibility. I mean just like anybody else when you drink you don’t remember the things that happened and stuff like that but, yeah, it’s a possibility, but once again it has nothing to do with my daughter.

right----possibly blacked out, doesn't remember anything ----but----what could this possibly have to do with the missing baby??...good grief.

Just drunk sounds to me as if she were saying acceptably drunk.
Like not narcotics. I think she meant not illegal. Acceptable. :waitasec:

Sorry for coming in late but but I just saw an article on CNN about her being drunk that night; http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/17/justice/missouri-missing-girl/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I am unsure what happened to that kid but the hinky meter is getting pegged about what the mother knows.

The drinking story could be the reason she failed the poly. She didn't tell them about it then and she was being deceptive. Another possibility is that it's just another story in case she's ever put on trial for why she didn't hear anything.

It's at the very least extremely irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa