LE serves search warrant on family's home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe for however long it was pinging, it was pinging in that area and LE still has not found the phones.

I dont think they are in the house, but they could be. I think those phones were pinging from the woods they have searched. moo

Don't they still ping as long as the battery is left in, even if the phone was turned off? How long would the battery last if the phones were turned off?

No...eventually the battery runs down and there are no pings. But, it depends on the type of phone how long the battery would last.

I dont think they are in the house, but they could be. I think those phones were pinging from the woods they have searched. moo

Well LE is going to search for something. I think the body would stink by now. So I don't think it's the body.

Does anyone know which house those evidence bags were taken out of where they blocked off the road in the past few days? Was that the house they are staying in now or the neighbour's house? The media were reporting searches at both houses at one point.
I think the home was the neighbor of Jeremy's house. This was announced on Fox yesterday.

When I think of everything learned today, I am really beginning to think they have found her remains. I know, I know I am probably getting ahead of myself.

During the search today LE got the ground sifters out
A no fly zone was ordered.
A new search warrant on the house (which means LE had to specific things they were looking for, and reason to believe they would be in the home.)

Well, she was in the process of charging the phones. Therefore they may have stayed charged a lot longer then had they been using them.

I don't use my cellphone a lot and my phone stays charged for a week or so. I know I am the exception to the rule though,

Being an electrician, Jeremy would know all about the hole behind a light switch plate where a cell phone could be dropped down into the wall..........just saying.

They just said on KMBC 9 News that there is a patrol car in front of the house & in the back of the house.

I thought that I remember one of the national news programs, possibly NG, that luminol had already been used inside the home? I thought she mentioned that when she was talking about Lisa's bedroom window being covered in black plastic to block out light.

When I think of everything learned today, I am really beginning to think they have found her remains. I know, I know I am probably getting ahead of myself.

A new search warrant on the house (which means LE had to specific things they were looking for, and reason to believe they would be in the home.)

bbm

I wondered that, too. But would they really keep it quiet? At the least I think they would tell the parents, and that the parents would tell the media, or someone else in the family would let it leak, kwim?

If LE can legally keep it a secret for awhile, then I believe it may be possible. But - can they?

I think LE has been working towards this all along. They needed probable cause to get a judge to sign this search warrant that gives them more or broader scope in a search.

How to Support Probable Cause for a Search Warrant
snip-
order to obtain a search warrant, a law enforcement official will need to present an argument for probable cause to a judge. Probable cause can be established in a number of ways, such as hearsay (where testimony from a witness can be given to the judge) or personal observations from the officer that a crime has been committed.

Use the results from a successful search and seizure to build a case for more search warrants. Probable cause can be supported more easily as each search produces reliable evidence. Once evidence is gathered legally, the scope of another warrant may be even broader

Read more: How to Support Probable Cause for a Search Warrant | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2140137_support-probable-cause-search-warrant.html#ixzz1bC17T61P

This morning I saw a video (it was a male talking, IIRC he had gray hair?) he said they have been in the a particular set of woods 9 or 10 times searching.

That's a lot. It caught my attention. Who know's though?

(it was the video where the same reporter stated that the family hasn't been talking to LE since 08 OCT except about tips).

They can still get the records though right? At least they can find out who has been talking to whom, what time how long. Phone calls can tell a lot even though you can't hear what was said.

Just because they were ordered not to go there, doesn't mean they won't. I hope LE has someone patrolling the property if they are waiting till tomorrow.

They put on a certain police lock so no one can get in.

That couldn't be. If they found Lisa they wouldn't have left so soon and definitely would not have left the area with no LE presence at the site. The streets would have stayed blocked off and they would have a tent up over the resting place for several hours while the area was examined.

bbm

I wondered that, too. But would they really keep it quiet? At the least I think they would tell the parents, and that the parents would tell the media, or someone else in the family would let it leak, kwim?

If LE can legally keep it a secret for awhile, then I believe it may be possible. But - can they?

I don't believe they found the remains. I don't think they could keep that quiet.

That sounds very plausible. If they did find her then they kept it a good secret. most of the missing that i followed i always knew when they found something like a body. moo

Being an electrician, Jeremy would know all about the hole behind a light switch plate where a cell phone could be dropped down into the wall..........just saying.
ooooo You're right. I had a plate in my bedroom one time - looked just like a regular plug in - but if you pulled it down from the top it swung down and the whole back was an "empty plastic pocket" where you could keep valuables and such. It was really kinda neat.

That couldn't be. If they found Lisa they wouldn't have left so soon and definitely would not have left the area with no LE presence at the site. The streets would have stayed blocked off and they would have a tent up over the resting place for several hours while the area was examined.

Exactly.

Well, she was in the process of charging the phones. Therefore they may have stayed charged a lot longer then had they been using them.

I don't use my cellphone a lot and my phone stays charged for a week or so. I know I am the exception to the rule though,

When fully charged and not being used, mine will last about a week. If turned off I don't know how much longer it would last, but I would think it would increase the time considerably. And you have to remember that at least one of the phones was new. Which means a new battery.

bbm

That's just not the way LE works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member