Conrad Murray trial -Day sixteen.

Dr. Metzer is done, subject to recall. He read off his notes for just about every question. What good notes the Dr. kept.....

I could swear this was Chernoff cross-examining a prosecution witness!

I'm on the KTLA feed listening to their TH's commentary. Dr. Metzger=flop!

Walgren: Dr. Metzger, is there any amount of money that would have made you give MJ intravenous anesthetics?
Dr. Metzger: Absolutely not.

Walgren: no further questions.

Why did they even call this Doctor?:waitasec:

He gave them nothing except he shows he is an ethical doctor who would never give MJ propofol.

IMO

I think they were trying for something that they were not able to get in over objections. The defense wanted to get this doctor to say that MJ had an extensive drug problem. But whenever they asked about anything like that they were shut down. Also I noticed that the doctor said a couple of times, " I wanted to see the kids, I wanted to keep track of the kids or an eye on the kids." It made me think he was implying that there was a concern on his part about the welfare of the kids, but of course nothing like that was ever testified to. But this doctor had gone on tour with Michael before and was not allowed to discuss anything about that tour.

I thought it was funny when he testified, when asked if he had treated MJ for insomnia, that he first tried Tylonel PM. LOL MJ could take 8 Lyezepams and not feel a thing, and he tried giving him Tylenol Pms?

I think they were trying for something that they were not able to get in over objections. The defense wanted to get this doctor to say that MJ had an extensive drug problem. But whenever they asked about anything like that they were shut down. Also I noticed that the doctor said a couple of times, " I wanted to see the kids, I wanted to keep track of the kids or an eye on the kids." It made me think he was implying that there was a concern on his part about the welfare of the kids, but of course nothing like that was ever testified to. But this doctor had gone on tour with Michael before and was not allowed to discuss anything about that tour.

I thought it was funny when he testified, when asked if he had treated MJ for insomnia, that he first tried Tylonel PM. LOL MJ could take 8 Lyezepams and not feel a thing, and he tried giving him Tylenol Pms?

I didn't feel that at all. One thing I have learned after many years is many people sincerely cared about Michael..the person.. and his children. Everyone that seemed to have known him well simply loved him so of course they would love his children too.

As usual EC was wanting to go against the ruling already made by the Judge. What happened to MJ years ago is completely irrelevant to this case.

I also didn't get the feeling he thought MJ was an addict. I think he legitimately felt MJ had pains from past injuries, a skin disease and had sleep problems.

IMO

I've known Nurse Practitioners to prescribe controlled meds, including narcotics.
It must be a state by state thing.

I didn't feel that at all. One thing I have learned after many years is many people sincerely cared about Michael..the person.. and his children. Everyone that seemed to have known him well simply loved him so of course they would love his children too.

As usual EC was wanting to go against the ruling already made by the Judge. What happened to MJ years ago is completely irrelevant to this case.

I also didn't get the feeling he thought MJ was an addict. I think he legitimately felt MJ had pains from past injuries, a skin disease and had sleep problems.

IMO

As much as people loved Michael, there was still reason to have concerns for his children. There was the balcony incident, which was scary, imo. And the many pictures of his kids wearing masks. Also a question about their stability as he traveled around the world, but had not really settled anywhere. So imo, even those who had great love for Michael, might have had concerns about how the children were doing with his eccentric lifestyle. Looking back, it appears as though things were fine. They seem very well balanced and healthy.

But if this doctor had been on tour with Michael then I would imagine he had some concerns. imoo

Dr. Meiser testified that MJ confided in him that he was under a great deal of stress due to his upcoming tour when he visited Michael and his children at their home on April 18 2009. Michael called his long-time doctor to come over so he could discuss his health concerns with him privately.

Chernoff: What was MJ’s mental state?

Dr. Meiser: Excited, he shared his ideas with me and fears about the tour, MJ realized it was a huge obligation and he didn’t want to fail. MJ believed he was up to the task but fearful about his ability to stay healthy. Michael had a profound sleep disorder for over 20 years.

Dr. Meiser: After performing - MJ could not come down. MJ had a profound sleep disorder while he was on tour.

Dr. Meiser treated his sleep disorders infrequently. I think he said he toured once with MJ.

Dr. Meiser gave MJ a Rx for Klonepine and trazadone in April 2009 rather than the "juice" he was seeking. He cautioned MJ not to take these meds together.

Chernoff: Did MJ mention taking you to London. Did he discuss a need for a doctor and why?

Dr Meiser: Yes, MJ was concerned about hydration, injury and sleep. Gave him a RX for trazadone and klonepine.

Dr. Meiser knew MJ was seeing Dr. Klein for mild cosmetic issues and skin issues and Dr. Randy Rosen for pain management in April 2009. MJ was suffering from chronic back strain from over exertion and several other types of injuries at this time.

MJ asked Dr. Meiser for intravenos sleep medication but not specfically for Propofol. MJ told Dr. Meiser the sleeping aids he was given weren't working.

Bless her heart! This witness is doing her best but she is having a hard time getting her dates right! I think she should have been a little more organized or maybe I should say prepared. I wonder what the cross will be like on her.

Bless her heart! This witness is doing her best but she is having a hard time getting her dates right! I think she should have been a little more organized. I wonder what the cross will be like on her.

I agree. It's making me nervous. I wish her notes were better organized.

For a Nurse Practioner, who does private duty like that, her notes are not very good.

What is their purpose in bringing her to the stand? If I remember correctly, she has been very hard on Murray and has publicly criticized him for giving MJ propofol. She said she herself denied MJ that option.

omg this witness is frustrating

at the very beginning she said she documented everything but there's a lot of questions she can't answer and details she doesn't remember

note to self: whenever called to court, bring notes in tabbed binder with an overview/index as the first page

while the lawyers were huddled - did anyone else see her give a look of disgust, shake her head, & then look away?

the camera then cut to Murray so I wonder if her look was directed at him (or herself for the crap testimony IMO)

omg this witness is frustrating

at the very beginning she said she documented everything but there's a lot of questions she can't answer and details she doesn't remember

note to self: whenever called to court, bring notes in tabbed binder with an overview/index as the first page

And review at length the night before!

This witness treated MJ's sleep disorder before MJ hired Conrad Murray.
She gave MJ various natural sleeping aids through an IV in a vein in his hand. gave between 150-250 mg.
MJ's veins were very small and squiggly and she had no problems giving MJ injections.
MJ did not experience pain when she was giving him needles.
Witness spent many evenings with Michael in April and she came whenever he needed her and they scheduled regular appointments.
One time MJ grew impatient and told her he didn't have time for all the things she wanted him to do.
MJ asked her to stay and observe his sleeping pattern.
She watched MJ sleep 5 hours.

Court adjourned before witness clarified with Chernoff a day in April 2009 when MJ mentioned medication.

Witness will be back Tuesday morning. Court has legal matters to take care of so court will begin at 9 am PDT. President Obama is in town.

while the lawyers were huddled - did anyone else see her give a look of disgust, shake her head, & then look away?

the camera then cut to Murray so I wonder if her look was directed at him (or herself for the crap testimony IMO)

She had a distressed look but I thought it looked more like she was ready to cry.

As much as people loved Michael, there was still reason to have concerns for his children. There was the balcony incident, which was scary, imo. And the many pictures of his kids wearing masks. Also a question about their stability as he traveled around the world, but had not really settled anywhere. So imo, even those who had great love for Michael, might have had concerns about how the children were doing with his eccentric lifestyle. Looking back, it appears as though things were fine. They seem very well balanced and healthy.

But if this doctor had been on tour with Michael then I would imagine he had some concerns. imoo

I think MJ got caught up in the excitement concerning Blanket. He had a good grip on him and imo it was a foolish mistake just like Steve Irwn who was a wonderful father made when he had everyone aghast when holding his young son close to a crocodile. He had a firm grip too on his baby but realized that he shouldn't have done it and to an outsider it looked reckless.

Everyone that knew MJ personally and knew his children personally marveled at how well adjusted they were. That one thing has remained consistent throughout. He was an excellent father and raised amazing children.

Dr. M probably saw himself somewhat as a grandpa to these children. They knew MJ was a single father raising his children.

IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500