Missing cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen confirmation that the phone lent to the parents by their family member was or was not active.

I am assuming that it was active and it was the phone used to call MW - unless or until I see confirmation otherwise

edit: I don't know if the parents actually knew for a fact - the status of the phone lent to them.

IMO, apart from the JI being unable to call DB thing, DB confirmed the third phone was inactive when she insisted that the late night call from one of the stolen cell phones had to be a lie because the phones had no service. The implication is clearly that none of the phones could be used to call anyone.

DB said she was reprogramming the phones and I think she would likely have noticed if the phone was dead or not while doing that.

Not sure if this makes any difference but I just wanted to comment that my husband has a personal cell phone that we regularly call his "work phone". This is pretty common for people in the construction or handyman business. So just because someone says "work phone", it does not necessarily mean it's a business-issued phone.

Absolutely. My husband has a "work phone," but he bought it, and pays the bills, it's in his name, etc. He just puts it on an expense report for reimbursement, but it's not as though the company gave it to him or arrange for it.

Johnny Tanko/Jersey

I see, so some suspect the handyman JT (aka Jersey) was the ex boyfriend of Pink haired girl who received a 50 second phone call from either JI or DB during the night Baby Lisa went missing... Hmmmmm

I always try to find a way for everyone to speak the truth but it's not easy! Maybe the phone she borrowed was on an active account but wasn't fully charged. When she says none of the phones worked, that would be the truth. If the phone was being charged, then by the time the intruder came along, there was enough charge to call or accidentally call MW.

I want to believe her and I know things are not looking good but until I hear more from the parents or LE, I am taking the media spin as mostly misquotes and rumors.

I am reminded of all the objections during KC's trial in Orlando:
Speculation!
Argumentative!
Relevance?
Assumes facts not in evidence
Leading
Asked and Answered!

I am hoping this weekend provides answers to who took Lisa and praying for her safe return.

I see, so some suspect the handyman JT (aka Jersey) was the ex boyfriend of Pink haired girl who received a 50 second phone call from either JI or DB during the night Baby Lisa went missing... Hmmmmm

We do not know for sure that MW is Jersey's ex. That was speculation.

I know this has been posted about a zillion times now but when exactly were the police informed that the cell phones were missing? Was it at the same time that baby Lisa was reported missing or at a later time? If later, when exactly? xoxo

I know this has been posted about a zillion times now but when exactly were the police informed that the cell phones were missing? Was it at the same time that baby Lisa was reported missing or at a later time? If later, when exactly? xoxo

I believe it was a couple of days later.

The only JT I've seen is lawyer Joe. Is there another person involved with those initials?

Johnny Tanko alias "Jersey"- the handyman, homeless ex-con who was in the neighborhood. He has been held on 10k bond for several weeks for violation of probation. His hearing is Tuesday. He was id'd by the motorcycle witness as the man he saw at 4:10 a.m. with a baby in a diaper.

We do not know for sure that MW is Jersey's ex. That was speculation.

It now seems unlikely that Jersey and MW were in a relationship. MW is becoming single. Her reference to an ex-boyfriend might be to an estranged husband. But that is speculative, too, as one can have an ex-boyfriend and a husband.

I am not adept at finding exact videos....I know some here keep a "log" that tells what is said in each.....but there is a statement from SY ( the LE spokesperson) where he clearly states that they knew from the beginning of the case that the phones were missing.

jmo

You know, with all due respect, that's just not true. There are case players on FB who had their page long before this happened. One of them has pictures of herself and one of the little boys that was posted to FB in 2009, those dates can't be faked. If a person uses their common sense, FB can be a great source - heck, it's better than half the MSM articles and shows we quote, they get it wrong ALL the time.

Marc Klaas has an FB page, the owner of this forum has an FB page, both have never contained wrong information as far as I know.

I'm not arguing for quoting anyone's FB posts, I'm just saying, if you make sure the source is legitimate, it can be informative.

LE search FB and MySpace all the time for information on criminal activity. Gangmembers have been notorious for their braggadocio on FB, and particularly MySpace.

yes, social media is great when you have an actual person to follow. I think IDMiddle (sorry to speak for you) was referring to the scores and scores of random comments on facebook- those posts that range from logical to completely off the wall. Random comments aren't an effective way to gather facts, it being on a MSM site as a comment doesn't make it any more legit IOW.

IMO, apart from the JI being unable to call DB thing, DB confirmed the third phone was inactive when she insisted that the late night call from one of the stolen cell phones had to be a lie because the phones had no service. The implication is clearly that none of the phones could be used to call anyone.

DB said she was reprogramming the phones and I think she would likely have noticed if the phone was dead or not while doing that.

The phone that was lent to the parents may have been active unbeknownst to the lender or the parents could have assumed it was inactive. or the parents were in the process of activating the phone - when you begin the activation process of a phone - it can sometimes take some time before the phone actually activates. We don't know for a fact - the status of the lent phone. was it active or was it inactive at the time mw received the call. and of course - was the lent phone the one used to call mw.

I was trying to confirm tonight what someone had mentioned, about being able to call/text on a disconnected iPhone ~ and yes you can! :confused:

I upgraded to the iPhone 4s when it came out, and I have my old 3GS iPhone sitting here with me (with no service) that I charged up, connected to wi-fi and added a free app that gives you free texting and free starter minutes for calls (then you can buy 200 minutes for $4).

This is interesting - this phone doesn't have service, but I sent some texts and made a call. Maybe this is common knowledge to people who have their cells shut off. Learn something new every day.

So I guess we can conclude, that yes disconnected iPhones still have the ability to make calls.

If I understand right, you have to be hooked up to WIFI and it's VOIP technology. IOW, it wouldn't be on your cell phone records- it would be in your ISP records.

I could have the wrong understanding, but that is my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery