TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheriff gives a good description of the terrain (twice). Two bluffs and then a steep slope where the jeep rests against a tree. It looked to me on somewhat level ground, but I guess not. How horrible.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/videos/2011/dec/02/5942/

ETA: 150' from the W road. Half a football field.

I don't see him trying to run her off the road there-too dangerous. Wouldn't there be paint scrapings on his car if he were to hit her and force her off the road? And then he would have to be doing this in broad daylight on a straightaway and just happen to find the perfect spot to run her off the road and not hit any oncoming traffic and not go down right after her. He would also run a risk of her surviving any kind of crash and then he'd be in deep.

I am sorry, but I just don't see "murder by running someone off the road" as the most attractive means for murder, IMO.

I'll bow to locals knowledge of the area. I do not think he would have to hit her to run her off the road...he also would not have to do it himself. IDK...but I am not sure GP went off that road under her own power.

Too much of a cohinkydink for an accident right where she would go off a cliff. Either deliberate on her part---or she had help. JMO

Yeah, don't you feel like something is hinky about all of this? Sounds like they knew she was there all along. Is that why they postponed the home searches so long?

They do seem to be implying they knew this information all along. The media is suddenly talking about all this cell phone ping info LE had, plus GPS info, and even saying this area was searched before.

I question whether any of this is true because, honestly, if LE knew all that info then they knew Gail was down that bluff. And if they knew that, why dive in the river? Why search the homes at all, why tell Arlene she's interfering with an investigation, why let volunteers go out on searches? Did CUE ever search? Because if they did and LE knew where Gail was, that's a big waste of their resources.

And why did Matt, Tammy, and Matt's mom all hire criminal defense attorneys?

My personal opinion is that the media and/or LE is exaggerating previous investigation efforts.

I was thinking her jeep rolled/tumbled down the couple of declines, but did land at the bottom of the sheer bluff. ?? Do we know if landed on one of the landing/declines? Reason I'm asking is because they stated earlier the jeep had fallen over 250'. That's 25 stories!

I fully agree. It if hadn't been for CUE and pure persistance...LE would never have found her.

Things do not seem to be adding up, imo. I'm so afraid we'll get short answers and that will be the end of it within a week!! :banghead::furious:

It's quite steep - almost straight up and down. Probably the tree was the only thing that stopped the jeep from rolling all the down to the W road.

This was hard to read. Palmgren family preparing for funeral:

"We have been told that Gail Palmgren’s personal belongings have been found at the scene. With the reality of what these developments mean, Matthew Palmgren and the Palmgren children will be reaching out to Diane Nowacki and the rest of Gail Palmgren’s family to make arrangements for Gail’s memorial service.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_214689.asp

They do seem to be implying they knew this information all along. The media is suddenly talking about all this cell phone ping info LE had, plus GPS info, and even saying this area was searched before.

I question whether any of this is true because, honestly, if LE knew all that info then they knew Gail was down that bluff. And if they knew that, why dive in the river? Why search the homes at all, why tell Arlene she's interfering with an investigation, why let volunteers go out on searches and post fliers? Why not send some rappellers down just to check the area out?

And why did Matt, Tammy, and Matt's mom all hire criminal defense attorneys?

My personal opinion is that the media and/or LE is exaggerating previous investigation efforts.

Exactly ~ why the river search especially!

Why the BOLOs in Alabama, too?

My hinky meter is really spinning now.

If the info showed the difference in elevation of the cell....maybe it was thought that someone tossed her phone over the side....not the jeep with her in it.

I don't see him trying to run her off the road there-too dangerous. Wouldn't there be paint scrapings on his car if he were to hit her and force her off the road? And then he would have to be doing this in broad daylight on a straightaway and just happen to find the perfect spot to run her off the road and not hit any oncoming traffic and not go down right after her. He would also run a risk of her surviving any kind of crash and then he'd be in deep.

I am sorry, but I just don't see "murder by running someone off the road" as the most attractive means for murder, IMO.
Not necessarily...I think it is more than possible to force someone off the road without making physical contact. JMO. Not saying it was MP...but it would be such a huge coincidence if it wasn't someone that knows him. JMO. Speculation. I hope that LE is investigating thoroughly.

What a depressing day...I guess it's better to know than not know...can only try to imagine how hard this is for Arlene, Gail's loving family and her dear children. :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

I am convinced there was foul play...IMO she wouldn't have willingly left her children, family and friends behind...there were wonderful, bittersweet posts right here on this thread about "domestic" violence. And Gail was trying to "get out"....SIGH.

:sigh:

I'm an open-minded person, but c'mon.

Gail, sweet Gail, some of us heard you even if it was too late and us too far to help.

Tears...

If the info showed the difference in elevation of the cell....maybe it was thought that someone tossed her phone over the side....not the jeep with her in it.

They could have been confronted with this info by LE and they decided to hire defense attorneys. If someone was missing, particularly someone I didnt have the greatest relationship with, and I had no answers, and I was innocent and being accused of a crime-I would immediately hire a defense attorney. No question about it. You know- sometimes lawyers defend innocent people, right?

Yes, but why assume that when a jeep and a woman were missing too? :waitasec:

I realize that was a commonly held idea here as well - that Gail was breaking away from her life and tossed her phone. But the police shouldn't have assumed that since her jeep was missing without a trace and she never touched her bank accounts.

This is link to article and pics of the Jeep at the base of the bluff. Sheriff's office released the pic. Rappellers had to use 600 ft ropes to get to the Jeep.
I just wonder if anyone reported an odor of any kind during the weeks after she wrecked.
(If this link is a duplicate, my apologies).

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...eved-be-those-gail-palmgren-found-side/?local

It's too far away from any houses either above or below it. And even if people saw scavengers like vultures around there it wouldn't raise an eyebrow. They nest up there and it was spring. There are birds around the bluff all the time riding the air currents.

It is profound how someone can touch you deeply, even if never met in person...

Gail. :rose:

I hope that Gail's children are safe, and have a loving home where their mother is honestly revered...

:rose: :rose:

One for each of them....

And one for Gail :rose:

It's too far away from any houses either above or below it. And even if people saw scavengers like vultures around there it wouldn't raise an eyebrow. They nest up there and it was spring. There are birds around the bluff all the time riding the air currents.
Oh I agree about the scavengers...I live in an area with woods all around me and occasionally I notice an odor and after a short hike through woods and across fields I'll find the remains of the source. So I can see if there was a faint odor one of the residents may have thought it was from a small animal. Similiar to the missing boulder it just wasn't obvious enough clue. I guess it just really bothers me that she wasn't found sooner but it's noone's fault unless they find out it wasn't an accident and I really hope that's not the case.
I'm rambling...sorry 'bout that.

I am so saddened by this news. I just saw all of this tonight. RIP in Gail.
I don't know that area at all and can't understand how the jeep was not found before this...did they ever have aerial searches early on when she was first reported missing? Just odd they find the jeep the first day they went up. I get the foliage may have been more dense back in May, but really no sighting of this until now???? The first day they go up??

I am thankful her children will have some closure and know that their mother did not just up and leave them. My heart breaks for those children. So, so sad

I have thought from the very beginning after I heard about this disappearance that Gail had probably had a car accident and the car was hidden in the brush over some ravine. I've heard of too many of these types of disappearances and this is my first thought; especially when the vehicle is not found for a long time. Its either in the water somewhere or over a cliff. ~~PEACE & COMFORT~~ to the Nowacki Palmgren families. At least they now know where she is.

I do believe there is a good chance that Gail simply had a terrible accident and went off the road. It would be extremely difficult, IMO, to force a vehicle off the road hitting it hard enough to make sure the person would be killed, without severe damage to your own vehicle not to mention possible injury, and also, people walk away from "totaled" cars all the time; it would be pretty risky, in case Gail had survived or managed to tell someone on the phone that "so and so just ran me off the road".

Of course anything is possible, but I won't be shocked if her case is ruled an accident. I am glad her family knows for sure now, as sad as the news is, as I think not knowing has to be worse. You lose that tiny bit of hope with the finality, but for myself, I don't think that I would be able to maintain much hope anyway, after all these months. And so many families just never find out...

JMO

They could have been confronted with this info by LE and they decided to hire defense attorneys. If someone was missing, particularly someone I didnt have the greatest relationship with, and I had no answers, and I was innocent and being accused of a crime-I would immediately hire a defense attorney. No question about it. You know- sometimes lawyers defend innocent people, right?

Excuse me? Lawyers?? I was talking about a phone....:waitasec:

Yes, but why assume that when a jeep and a woman were missing too? :waitasec:

I realize that was a commonly held idea here as well - that Gail was breaking away from her life and tossed her phone. But the police shouldn't have assumed that since her jeep was missing without a trace and she never touched her bank accounts.

Sorry, but I didn't have a commonly held idea....I was thinking more along the line of someone doing harm to her and tossing her phone away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa