AL AL - Shanna McKee Peoples, 19, mentally challenged, Geneva, 8 Sept 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was she married? Her mother and father are named McKee and she is named McKee Peoples. Is there an ex somewhere?

Was she married? Her mother and father are named McKee and she is named McKee Peoples. Is there an ex somewhere?

No, Shanna is not married and lives with her parents ... but -- it has been reported that she has a BF. There is a short interview with him in one of the posts here.

I am not sure about the last names -- McKee and Peoples ... I noticed that too ...

Shanna has "special needs" and also requires medication on a daily basis.

I hope they find her soon !

Just want to let you west coasters and central timezone people know that this case was just on JVM. No clue what was said as the segment just ended and I caught the tail end of it.

Just want to let you west coasters and central timezone people know that this case was just on JVM. No clue what was said as the segment just ended and I caught the tail end of it.

I am so glad that JVM covered Shanna !

JVM interviewed Mr. McKee via telephone -- BUT Mr. McKee has been in the hospital recently ...

It was absolutely heartbreaking to hear Mr. McKee ! He was so broken up over this !

JVM gave out the "vital info" on Shanna ... Also, she asked Mr. McKee about this "friend" that Shanna was last seen with, and Mr. McKee said that LE has spoken to him.

Oh -- and IIRC -- Mr. McKee said that Shanna's mother had spoken with Shanna about a half hour BEFORE she was last seen --

Note: If anything is not correct, I will correct when transcript is posted ... the transcript should be available later this evening.

It totally caught me "off guard" when JVM was covering the show ... but I am so glad that she did.

Prayers that Shanna is found SOON !

MOO...

Transcript from JVM Show 12-6-11

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/06/ijvm.01.html

VELEZ-MITCHELL: ... special needs teen vanishes into thin air. Her parents say she`s extremely vulnerable and desperately needs medication. Shanna Peoples`s distraught father is my special guest tonight.

Shanna, look at her, beautiful girl, last seen September 8. She left her home in Geneva, Alabama, to go for a walk and has not been seen or heard from since. Shanna`s desperate parents suspect foul play. They say Shanna is very developmentally challenged, that she does not know her phone number and often mixes up her address. Was Shanna kidnapped?

I want to welcome her really distraught father, Elvis McKee.

And Elvis, we cannot imagine what these past three months have been like for you. I understand you are calling us from the hospital, because you have been suffering chest pains, because of your desperation over finding your daughter. What`s it been like, first of all, for you?

ELVIS MCKEE, SHANNA`S FATHER (via phone): It`s been really hard, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m so sorry. I`m so sorry.

MCKEE: Yes, me too. I just thought maybe someone can help find my daughter.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We want to do everything we can. We want to do everything we can.

First of all, there`s one very promising thing, is that your daughter is very distinctive. She is almost 6 feet tall, or just about 6 feet tall. Now, she`s, what, 19, 20? She may have had a birthday? She was 19 when she vanished?

MCKEE: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: She just had a birthday, so she`s now 20. So you see this girl? Look at that face and imagine her 6 feet tall! She was last seen wearing pants, a green blouse, flip-flops. She has sandy blonde hair, green eyes.

Let me ask you about this, Elvis, what about this 50-year-old man who had befriended her and she was allegedly last seen at his house? Have cops vetted this guy? Have you talked to him? Have you talked to cops about this man?

MCKEE: Yes, ma`am. He`s been to the house several times after that. He was supposedly at work about 15 -- about 20 miles away, 30 miles away, when this happened. Her mom had just called her, maybe 30 minutes to an hour before she disappeared. And yes, we have talked to him, and he`s been cleared. They`ve done a polygraph test on him and all.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, Brad Dennis, you`re the director of search operations for Klass Kids Foundation. You are working with Elvis Peoples [SIC], trying to find his daughter. I hear this 50-year-old, according to the dad, has been cleared. But when I hear a 50-year-old making friends with a teenager who`s developmentally disabled, boy, do my alarm bells go off.

MCKEE: Jane, absolutely. I mean, the alarm bells are off. There was a number of friends and associates of his that hung around the area. We understand that at least one of those associates was in the area about the same time that she disappeared. So definitely, the alarm bells should be going off.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, what about the cops? Briefly, what are they doing?

MCKEE: Well, Jane, Alabama Bureau of Investigations, as well as Geneva police department, they are actively involved in the investigation. They have been following up numerous leads. And we really believe that it`s a lead from the community that`s going to break this case.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Got to leave it right there, but we`re staying on top of this. We`re not letting it go.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

End of segment on Shanna.

Well it wasn't the longest coverage we've seen for other cases, but hey- something is a LOT better than nothing!

Thanks for typing out the interview, dog.gone.cute!

Prayers that she is found safe and sound, :praying:soonest!

I found out about Shanna from watching the JVM show. I don't care what anyone says about JVM and NG---they do bring missing children and adults to the general public eye!

Thank you all for having a thread for Shanna, I knew there would be one :)

I'm off to read.

I hope she's found safe and soon!

Well it wasn't the longest coverage we've seen for other cases, but hey- something is a LOT better than nothing!

Thanks for typing out the interview, dog.gone.cute!

Prayers that she is found safe and sound, :praying:soonest!

I found out about Shanna from watching the JVM show. I don't care what anyone says about JVM and NG---they do bring missing children and adults to the general public eye!

Thank you all for having a thread for Shanna, I knew there would be one :)

I'm off to read.

I hope she's found safe and soon!

:seeya: Good Morning,

BBM: I agree ... ANY coverage is better than no coverage at all !

I do hope that JVM continues to cover Shanna ... and the rest of the hosts at HLN will also cover it ... it is just heartbreaking !

:praying: that Shanna is found SOON !

RSS Text Size Print Share This
Home / news / local /
Foul play likely in missing Geneva woman inquiry
By: Matt Elofson | Dothan Eagle
Published: December 16, 2011
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment

Authorities believe foul play may be involved in the circumstances around how a 20-year-old Geneva woman went missing.

After more than three months, Geneva Police Chief Frankie Lindsey said he believes foul play may be involved in the missing person investigation of Shanna Genelle Peoples. Lindsey said normally the police find missing young people within a few weeks.

“The reason I believe there’s possibly foul play is because normally we find our missing children,” Lindsey said. “I’m not saying she’s dead, it’s just unusual.”

Elvis McKee, of Geneva, hopes to have his daughter home for Christmas after she was reported missing on Sept. 8. Peoples turned 20 two days before Thanksgiving.

“It’s hard. I want my daughter home alive, but I want closure too,” McKee said. “We had to go through her birthday and Thanksgiving without her.”

Peoples has been placed on the Missing and Endangered Adults list for the Alabama Department of Public Safety.

Lindsey said agents with the Alabama Bureau of Investigation have taken over the lead in the investigation, with the FBI and Geneva Police assisting.

Peoples was last seen at her home on North Morris Drive in Geneva on Thursday, Sept. 8. Police say Peoples is mentally disabled and takes medication daily for her disability, which she left behind at home.

Police said a friend came to her home, which she shares with another friend, and found the front door open, and Peoples missing. She does not have a job, and does not drive. She has no history of ever being reported missing before.

Officials with the KlaasKIDS Foundation came to Geneva in October to help search for Peoples. Foundation officials, area volunteers and law enforcement held a two to three day search dubbed “Bring Shanna Home” in early October.

The foundation has been assisting families of missing children since 1994 following the abduction and murder of Polly Klaas from Petaluma, Calif.

McKee and the director of KlaasKIDS spoke on a national news program called “Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell.” The broadcast news segment called Missing in America was entitled “Childlike” woman Kidnapped? The show aired earlier this month on HLN.

Peoples was last seen wearing white pants and a blue and green blouse with flip flops. She is about 6 feet tall, weighs about 120 pounds, and has brown eyes and brown hair.

“We’re still begging for any information,” Lindsey said. “We’ve come up with zero on the whereabouts of this child.”

---------------

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Shanna Genelle Peoples can call the Geneva Police Department at (334) 684-2777 or 911.
Share This:
Share - Email Email Share - Yahoo! Share - Facebook Facebook Share - Google Google Share - Twitter Twitter Share - Favorites Favorites Share - More More

Advertisement

View More: No tags are associated with this article
Not what you're looking for? Try our quick search:

More from this channel:

Deputies arrest Newville woman on meth trafficking charge
Dothan Police charge duo with drug possession at motel
Dothan police make five felony arrests, two for DUI
Cell phone usage by motorists discouraged
Plans for playground underway

Churches tell the story of Jesus through live nativities
Daleville student sets national shooting records
Woman charged with staging robbery at Big Lots
Man sent to prison for damaging patrol car
Landmark Park celebrates 'A Victorian Christmas'

Advertisement
Reader Comments
*Facebook Account Required to Comment. If you are not already logged into Facebook, please click the comment button to do so.
Deal of the Day
Click Here!

Advertisement
Click Here!

Most Popular

RSS Text Size Print Share This
Home / news / local /
Foul play likely in missing Geneva woman inquiry
By: Matt Elofson | Dothan Eagle
Published: December 16, 2011
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment

Authorities believe foul play may be involved in the circumstances around how a 20-year-old Geneva woman went missing.

Lindsey said agents with the Alabama Bureau of Investigation have taken over the lead in the investigation, with the FBI and Geneva Police assisting.

Police said a friend came to her home, which she shares with another friend, and found the front door open, and Peoples missing. She does not have a job, and does not drive. She has no history of ever being reported missing before.

snipped :

Nurselady, Thanks for this update !!

:waitasec: I am confused :

BBM: The above snippets from article say that a friend came to Shanna's home and found the front door open and Shanna was missing.

But ... one of the earlier articles state :

A Geneva couple believe their teenage daughter's disappearance is due to foul play. Shanna McKee Peoples hasn't been seen since leaving her parents' Campbell Avenue home Thursday afternoon.

snipped from : http://www.wtvy.com/floridanews/headlines/Shanna_Peoples_Disappearance_129686483.html

I thought that Shanna was living with her parents ? This new article says she was living with a friend ...

I am confused -- did she live with parents, or with a friend ? TIA !

This is just absolutely heartbreaking ! :(

I hope she is found soon !

:(

Shanna is beautiful and vulnerable. A good combo for someone seeking easy prey. I wonder how much LE investigated her bf?

Where are you Shanna?

snipped :

Nurselady, Thanks for this update !!

:waitasec: I am confused :

BBM: The above snippets from article say that a friend came to Shanna's home and found the front door open and Shanna was missing.

But ... one of the earlier articles state :

A Geneva couple believe their teenage daughter's disappearance is due to foul play. Shanna McKee Peoples hasn't been seen since leaving her parents' Campbell Avenue home Thursday afternoon.

snipped from : http://www.wtvy.com/floridanews/headlines/Shanna_Peoples_Disappearance_129686483.html

I thought that Shanna was living with her parents ? This new article says she was living with a friend ...

I am confused -- did she live with parents, or with a friend ? TIA !

This is just absolutely heartbreaking ! :(

I hope she is found soon !

:(

I took it to mean...

That Shanna was seen leaving her parents house...

That was the last verified sighting.

Then Shanna's friend came to the friends house to find the door open and Shanna missing...

That's when she was found to be missing.

I didn't remember seeing that she was living with her parents, just that she was last seen there.

Make sense? :waitasec:

I wonder if they got a confession from someone... maybe someone recently arrested in another case gave them information?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AC5375
Back