17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The possibility of targeting and suing the HOA

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-lawsuit-neighborhood-watch-article-1.1058522

Making the <modsnip>statements about him being "hunted like an animal"...it just smacks of anger, desire for punishment rather than justice, when no one knows the whole story.

"George Zimmerman Hunted My Son Like An Animal" Trayvon Martin's Mother Sybrina Fulton - YouTube

Of course there is anger. Regardless of why/how, her 17 year old son is dead. These parents have a child who is dead by another person, and there is no arrest, I would be angry also. I believe anger is part of grieving.

I am just amazed 18 days after this shooting LE had not called the number on the phone of Trayvon's GF.

They had not listened to the 911 call close enough to hear Zimmerman say *advertiser censored**ing anything. IMO

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/TwinLakesTownhomesShootingUpDate2.pdf

Public Information Officer
DATE: March 12, 2012
SUBJECT: Retreat at Twin Lakes Townhomes Shooting Up-date
As of Monday March 12th, 2012, the investigation into the shooting death of Trayvon
Martin continues by Sanford Police Department. Investigators are finalizing details in
preparation to turn the case over to the State Attorney&#8217;s Office. The Sanford Police
Department feels the investigation will be completed today. There will be a meeting
of the investigative team this afternoon to ensure all investigative tasks have been
completed. We have canvassed the community several times in an effort to identify
all witnesses. We ask if there is anyone with information we have not yet spoken
with please contact us at 407-562-2881.
Today at 4:00 pm there will be a press conference at Sanford City Hall. The police
chief, mayor and city manager will be addressing the media.

How does this work? Does it go over teeth, or are there just no teeth there, maybe a flipper like thing, like the little girls use in those beauty pageants? I just can't imagine eating a good'ol cheese burger with all that in my mouth LOL eeeww :)

This is why I'm getting a nose ring this weekend, who needs flippers and cheese burgers.

Hope I don't get a cold anytime soon though. :D

Well, if they were wrong about not arresting GZ, I would argue that they were just as wrong about this conclusion. Just sayin' ;)

Hey... but it's an official statement so "no going back now!!" :)

Add FT to the list. I think he will be on with Nancy Grace tonight. Unless GZ has another friend and neighbor I don't know about. It was on a promo earlier on HLN

"Taaffe said Zimmerman was so normal that he came across as though he were “an engineer from Lockheed Martin.” He did not show up to homeowner association meetings Rambo-style “wearing a bandana around his head with a bowie knife sticking out of his pocket,” Taaffe said."

It’s unclear what Zimmerman, who is married, does for a living, although he once owned a pressure washing company.

“an engineer from Lockheed Martin.” where does he come up with this stuff?
:giggle:

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...n-a-habitual.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Hopefully, discussing
this case will result in clearing up some misunderstandings amongst races. I didn't know all the Rebel flag meant was the person thinks they are tough!!

Most Black people view the Rebel flag as a symbol equal to a swastika or a Ku Klux Klan hood. They tell us this person does not like Black people.

If I am wrong, please enlighten me so I can stop taking offense when I see any of those things.

Allow me to clarify for you, that sagging pants and grills are not intended to scare people of any race. They do not symbolize that the wearer is a tough guy, has a criminal record, hates White people or that they intend to do you harm when they see you. Now, there are some people who think they are tough guys that wear this fashion, but the same can be said for people sporting boots and cowboy hats.

They are simply...the style that a lot of the hip hop community wears these days. Nothing more, nothing less.

The American South means a lot of things to a lot of people. Certainly slavery and Jim Crow were prominent attributes and I can understand that African Americans and others feel no nostalgia for the "good old days" in the Land of Cotton.

But the South is also the culture that produced William Faulkner, Flannery O'Connor, Eudora Welty, Tennessee Williams, Robert Penn Warren and much of the best literature this country has ever known. Most of the best 18th and early 19th century architecture as well. (ETA I'm embarrassed that I neglected to mention any of the great black writers also produced by the South. Giants such as Ralph Ellison and Richard Wright. I was thinking in terms of white Southern culture, but the South's contributions to African American culture were at least as important.)

So to those of us who were reared there, the Confederate flag can mean all or selected parts of Southern history and culture.

But speaking for myself alone, I threw my flag away some years ago. The hatred and nastiness I witnessed in the defense of that symbol ruined its value for me, even though I never displayed the flag in public.

Anger seems to me to be just a natural part of the range of emotions experienced by the families of homicide victims.

Yes, I agree. I can tell you when this happens and NOTHING is done, that anger can last a very long time :-( My heart goes out to Trayvon's family.

This is why I'm getting a nose ring this weekend, who needs flippers and cheese burgers.

Hope I don't get a cold anytime soon though. :D

I suggest just a stud, a big nose ring might clash with your hair. ;)

I can't believe he HOA is now a target. Just unbelievable the lengths people go to for revenge. Has it even been established that he was acting as a neighborhood watch person that night?

Do you really think any amount of money is worth their sons life? If the justice system is stacked against you, what do you think is fair?

In all sincerity and with no sarcasm intended, per your signature line, why do you think GZ needs justice? How have his rights been violated?

BEM: I don't know where this information is coming from, but it is incorrect. If the HOA lost this potential lawsuit, the HOA could assess higher monthly fees, but they have to be reasonable. The HOA cannot take the judgment, divide it by 100 homeowners, and send them a bill for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We pay higher prices (in some cases), for clothing because of loss due to shoplifting that leads to increased security in department stores. The homeowners may feel the effect of the judgment, but they are not going to be sued or made to outright absorb attorney fees or the monetary judgment in the event the HOA loses in court. The original question, btw, was if they condo owners could be sued.

The HOA will likely sue the management company - that's just a guess.

I don't think GZ was an employee of the HOA or management company - even courtesy officers are not employees, they are contract employees required to carry their own liability insurance, in most cases. IMO

VERY interesting case if it comes about. IMO

It's called a "special asssessment" and I live in a gated community and that is why we have an excellent policy to cover so we don't get assessed. But yes, they can and do pass the bill on to the homeowners if the HOA owns the common areas and not the developer. jmo

"Taaffe said Zimmerman was so normal that he came across as though he were “an engineer from Lockheed Martin.” He did not show up to homeowner association meetings Rambo-style “wearing a bandana around his head with a bowie knife sticking out of his pocket,” Taaffe said."

It’s unclear what Zimmerman, who is married, does for a living, although he once owned a pressure washing company.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...n-a-habitual.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

But I bet he showed up in the big coat hiding that pistol he was packing. IMO

Was Trayvon wearing a grill the night he was shot?

I just left this area a few days ago. Visiting my mom in Palm Bay, which is not far from Sandford. Its interesting how this story hits older folk. My parents were raised in south, during a time when if you saw a car approaching ( especially at night) or heard one coming from behind, you had to duck into the field, for fear of what they would do to you if they saw you. Yes, they would aim their cars at you.

But upon further listening to their stories, it makes sense to me why this case means so much to them. Sure you won't see them in the protesting lines. You won't see them posting here, or calling to the local radio stations, but these folks are paying attention to this case. Because they remember... they remember the times when folks of color would "disappear" and no action would be done to those thought responsible. You could be dragged out of your house, and beat / killed, and you'd never see justice.

So i just figured, i'd give a view point on how another demographic, this time age, is viewing this case.

See Till, Emmett. One of the most horrific cases of outright murder in this country's history.

He just skeers me.

I dunno, but I'm reasonably sure that hardworking engineers from Lockheed Martin wish he'd stick to the facts. What did they ever do to get mixed up with Z???

Hey... but it's an official statement so "no going back now!!" :)

Right, but the HOA didn't say it, the SPD did. And the suit will be against the HOA, and the HOA will say the SPD was just as wrong about this as they were about everything else. Now if there were a statement from an HOA member saying that GZ was on patrol, that would be pretty hard to overcome. I'm seriously wondering whether the SPD deliberately threw the HOA under the bus or what. I knew I should never have registered here. I need to WORK!!!! lol

Do you really think any amount of money is worth their sons life? If the justice system is stacked against you, what do you think is fair?

In all sincerity and with no sarcasm intended, per your signature line, why do you think GZ needs justice? How have his rights been violated?

He has not been charged. That's not his doing.
He said it was self defense and they decided not to charge him.

He's in hiding and his life is ruined.
He has a bounty on his head.

If this was self defense, people have turned him from victim to criminal through rushed judgements.

I'd say a lot of his civil rights have been violated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooniesforever