17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silence speaks louder than words. MOM refused to listen to the message.

Sometimes you can't "silence" someone just because they don't agree with you ("you" in general). Sometimes you just have to change the channel because they have a right to be there.

I don't get the ire at O'Mara when it's Crump <Mod Snip>. who have used smoke and mirrors for the past 2 months.

JMO

I don't have any evidence of anything whatsoever in this case but it makes no sense.

The family is struggling to come up with money for a bond and living expenses and nobody thinks, "hey, remember Robert, the other brother? He's got control of the Paypal donation site, he knows how much money there is, why don't we call him and find out?"

You may believe it but I don't.

They still put up 10k. Why would they do that if they had 200k sitting in a fund somewhere. And before someone comes out with 'cover up', that coverup lasted all of 48 hours between the time they put up 10k for bond and when he told his lawyer about the money.

Maybe he didn't think his lawyer would go all moral on him.

Oh trust me, I'm counting on this case not being like Casey Anthony's. I don't want to see a guilty person walk this time.

She will not be the last guilty person to walk, just like there will be innocent people being put in jail. Nobody said our justice system was perfect, but it's what we got.

--from the omara gz case website:

http://www.gzlegalcase.com/

Questions Regarding Discovery Deadline in George Zimmerman Case
on 29 April 2012
We understand there are some questions and concerns regarding the discovery deadline suggested by our Criminal Rules. While the rules do state that discovery is due 15 days from demand, that is a right which George Zimmerman enjoys, and it is up to his defense team to decide how to handle these matters.

We are concerned about the release of witness information to the general public, solely due to safety concerns. There has been a lot of animosity and emotions caused by incomplete and premature disclosure of information. Because those emotions still run so high, we want to do everything we can to protect the sanctity of the process and the safety of the witnesses. No good purpose will be served by a media frenzy directed at witnesses.

While the media and the public have an absolute right to know about this case, that right has to be balanced with the rights of these witnesses. They are doing their civic duty in testifying in this case. We doubt any of them enjoy the scrutiny they are under due to the coincidence of their involvement in such a high profile matter. We are delaying demanding the discovery until we can file motions to protect these witnesses. Once that is in place, discovery will flow to us, then the media and the public has access to it, under our rules.

Ms. Corey in not violating any rule or statute, as it is our decision, not hers, to wait until proper motions regarding the witnesses have been drafted and filed.

Sometimes you can't "silence" someone just because they don't agree with you ("you" in general). Sometimes you just have to change the channel because they have a right to be there.

I don't get the ire at O'Mara when it's Crump & <Mod Snip>. who have used smoke and mirrors for the past 2 months.

JMO

What smoke and mirrors have they used?

Perhaps you should take that up with MOM. He's the one who stood up and court and claimed that his client was in fact, indigent.

Again, someone is going to have to show proof that MOM knowingly lied to the court that day. The guy has a very high reputation and it's not TH's that are saying that, it's his own colleagues in the legal profession, defense attorneys and prosecutors both. I don't think he would purposefully lie about something he knew.

Just fyi, peeps. There's a whole separate thread for the paypal discussion.

They still put up 10k. Why would they do that if they had 200k sitting in a fund somewhere. And before someone comes out with 'cover up', that coverup lasted all of 48 hours between the time they put up 10k for bond and when he told his lawyer about the money.

Yup, it conveniently lasted just long enough for the bond to be decided on his ability to pay. Another one of O'Mara's many coincidences.

http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/...cle_b94953b7-2081-5091-929b-fbb098003dc3.html
Judge seeks info on $200,000 sent to Zimmerman

O’Mara also said that with the Internet gifts, he now expects to be paid. He bills $400 an hour, he said, and predicted this is a $1,000-an-hour case. He already has spent 130 hours on it, he said.

When asked about comments by an attorney for Trayvon’s family, who criticized his failure to earlier disclosure of the Internet gifts, O’Mara pointed out that the family also is accepting donations via a website.

“Everyone is seeking donations in this case, including the Trayvon Martin family,” he said.

--if donations are considered "internet gifts"---does that make them tax exempt?

The question was - "how is MOM playing games with Crump?' Your response has nothing to do with MOM and Crump interacting. It is all about a smearing MOM.

Oops, there's more

O'Mara thinks its "coincidental" that these things (money) happen as they did.

O'Mara exposes the name of a main witness (A MINOR) in open court and then has the audacity to request a delay in discovery to prevent a "media frenzy" around the witnesses.

O'Mara said he was pulling all of GZ's websites as he didn't want him to have any internet presence and two days later makes two new websites for GZ to collect "Defense Fund Money." And who gets the majority of that money...M O'Mara and his firm, that's who.

O'Mara said he didn't want a media circus or for this case to be tried in the media yet almost everyday, since he has come on this case, he has been on one network or another speaking about how his client feels, what TM's family is doing, what TM's parent's Lawyer says and does...

And this is less than one month in...

Again, someone is going to have to show proof that MOM knowingly lied to the court that day. The guy has a very high reputation and it's not TH's that are saying that, it's his own colleagues in the legal profession, defense attorneys and prosecutors both. I don't think he would purposefully lie about something he knew.

MOO if he didn't bother to find out about the donation account before going to court to affirm that GZ is indigent there are no excuses for that either.

I do not believe he didn't know about the account. We all knew about it and none of us gets paid $400 per hour to stay informed about GZ's business.

As of Friday night, the other $10,000 to the bail bondsman was still owed.

~jmo~

Of course he wouldn't. Maybe he didn't have time to ask him what with his busy media schedule and all. ;) Or maybe, just maybe, he deliberately didn't ask him or instructed him not to reveal to him at that time the amount in the accounts. Lies of ommision in order to deceive are still lies, IMO

Please use proper names and not bunch into a group of people. Thanks everyone!

MOO if he didn't bother to find out about the donation account before going to court to affirm that GZ is indigent there are no excuses for that either.

I do not believe he didn't know about the account. We all knew about it and none of us gets paid $400 per hour to stay informed about GZ's business.

I'm looking at the timing of those things he's flubbed, then stepped up and addressed his errors. I was thinking that it was pretty obvious we here @ WS were much more organized & familiar with case info & far ahead of MOM the first 2 weeks.... Also was aware of what MOM's priorities needed to be when he got on this case.

MOM publicly acknowledged & addressed his mistakes. He made no excuse other than to say he was still getting his arms around all these various things. He didn't whine about it. Didn't go all defensive. Just matter-of-fact. And move on.

I wonder if he received any case files from the previous law firm that was never hired by GZ?

I do think there's a line where "up to speed" is presumed, where staff is on board and also "up to speed", where major errors become something other than excusable, something other than incompetence.

MOM's there now, JMO.

But, MOM probably really wasn't there in his first 2 weeks. :cow:

It appears to me this past week MOM's staffed up and made considerable progress in organizing his team and his info for this case.

I'll feel less generous in opinion if we see more paypal-type gaffes in the future.

http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cfn...elay_of_d.html

Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, said he will delay a request for evidence from prosecutors because he is concerned about witnesses' safety.

He doesn't say he is worried about GZ, he says he is worried about WITNESSes' safety.

Interesting. Why would he feel GZ would be any more at risk after a doc dump than he already is? Could there be some damning information he's not eager to be released?

Personally, I think it's so he can continue to sit back and try the case in the media while letting the money pile up in the fund he's set up for the both of them.

JMO

http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/...cle_b94953b7-2081-5091-929b-fbb098003dc3.html
Judge seeks info on $200,000 sent to Zimmerman

O’Mara also said that with the Internet gifts, he now expects to be paid. He bills $400 an hour, he said, and predicted this is a $1,000-an-hour case. He already has spent 130 hours on it, he said.

When asked about comments by an attorney for Trayvon’s family, who criticized his failure to earlier disclosure of the Internet gifts, O’Mara pointed out that the family also is accepting donations via a website.

“Everyone is seeking donations in this case, including the Trayvon Martin family,” he said.

--if donations are considered "internet gifts"---does that make them tax exempt?

BBM

Mr. O'Mara, when exactly were the Martins asked to disclose all assets to a judge during a bond hearing because they were charged with 2nd degree murder, or did you forget that part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member