17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to wonder if Zimmerman has paid the other $10,000 that he owes to the bail bondsman yet.

~jmo~

I keep hearing lawyers give O'Mara high ratings as a professional, the best, ethical.

But the cumulative affect of his apologies has me scratching my head.

He apologizes for the apology saying he didn't know the Martin family didn't want an apology.....

He apologizes for naming a minor witness in court yet we learn from the State inside the same hearing, that O'Mara asked them to hold off on discovery so that they can work out a deal on protecting the witnesses. What's that about? All the witnesses except one? Hmmm

And another, he apologizes for not knowing about $204,000 collected by George Zimmerman.

Any attorney who is going before the court before a bond hearing had better know full well that what they are asserting to the court is true. And when you say your client is of no means you have better know that to be true. He had been talking about closing down all the website activity from very early on. Why didn't he ask his client how much money he collected?

Mr. O'Mara's apologizes are ringing hollow for me at this time. I'm not drinking his Kool-Aid

He is going to keep us, and the prosecutors, on our toes. That's for sure.

True, but you can't say it was a lie in court if he truly didn't know about it.

MOO, it is a lie if you say "I don't have any money" if the truth is "I might have loads but I didn't bother to find out".

I haven't either City, but for sure George knew how to spend 49K on something and to further use 5K on his bond. So in my mind if you don't want to overdraw on your account, you have some idea how much money you have to spend.

I guess I'm asking when he came into that knowledge. What stops RZjr from getting in touch with GZ after he gets out of jail saying 'hey bro, remember that account we had on that website, guess how much is in there now'?

I guess I'm asking when he came into that knowledge. What stops RZjr from getting in touch with GZ after he gets out of jail saying 'hey bro, remember that account we had on that website, guess how much is in there now'?

What stopped RZjr communicating the same info to the various family members who were saying that there was no money for the bond prior to the bond hearing?

JMO but it was very deliberate that he wasn't there to testify.

Well then his attorney better get on the ball because that's certainly not what he said on JVM's program on Friday night.

~jmo~

I constantly see 'that other florida case' being referenced and I can understand, a lot of members on here followed it closely. But it's just one case. Out of thousands of cases that go on. Basing how defense attorneys should and should not act by that case is not an accurate judge. It's an outlier.

What rules have been broken in this case so far?

And of those thousands of cases that go on, how many are the subject of such widespread media coverage? I have referenced the other case because I feel the level of news saturation is comparable.

The issue was how an attorney's public appearances might affect a case - if no one is covering that case then it isn't really an issue.

What stopped RZjr communicating the same info to the various family members who were saying that there was no money for the bond prior to the bond hearing?

JMO but it was very deliberate that he wasn't there to testify.

Nothing stops him.

Do you have evidence that he did in fact, communicate with them? That they intentionally lied about knowing about the money?

A while back, there was this other trial where, the defense displayed so much incompetence for so long, that I think the prosecution may have become over-confident. Misjudged jury. Misjudged defense strategy. Maybe just a little.

I know not all agree but ... I'm liking the defense here on their toes ... because it means everyone needs to put on their A-game.

And that's just good for justice.

JMHO.

And of those thousands of cases that go on, how many are the subject of such widespread media coverage? I have referenced the other case because I feel the level of news saturation is comparable.

The issue was how an attorney's public appearances might affect a case - if no one is covering that case then it isn't really an issue.

There are a lot of cases that are covered locally but not nationally. Doesn't mean it's not comparable in terms of media coverage and a jury pool. A jury is going to come from the local area.

I followed the Cooper case pretty close, considering it's in my area. That case was covered extensively by the media and his defense attorneys were talking to the media....a lot.

He was found guilty in the 1st degree. Guess those pesky defense attorneys didn't taint the jury too much. Not every case is the Casey Anthony case.

Nothing stops him.

Do you have evidence that he did in fact, communicate with them? That they intentionally lied about knowing about the money?

I don't have any evidence of anything whatsoever in this case but it makes no sense.

The family is struggling to come up with money for a bond and living expenses and nobody thinks, "hey, remember Robert, the other brother? He's got control of the Paypal donation site, he knows how much money there is, why don't we call him and find out?"

You may believe it but I don't.

Well, it was enough that they thought it prudent to conceal it anyway.

MOO.

Well he didn't conceal it for very long, considering he told his lawyer not two days after he got out of jail that he had the money. You would think if he really didn't want anyone to know about it, he wouldn't had told anyone.

There are a lot of cases that are covered locally but not nationally. Doesn't mean it's not comparable in terms of media coverage and a jury pool. A jury is going to come from the local area.

I followed the Cooper case pretty close, considering it's in my area. That case was covered extensively by the media and his defense attorneys were talking to the media....a lot.

He was found guilty in the 1st degree. Guess those pesky defense attorneys didn't taint the jury too much. Not every case is the Casey Anthony case.

Oh trust me, I'm counting on this case not being like Casey Anthony's. I don't want to see a guilty person walk this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member