Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, LE has done what appears to be an exhaustive investigation. They appear to be leaving no stone unturned. Yet the family was "cleared" very early on, almost immediately. And that has not changed. No one has been ruled out but those cleared continue to remain "cleared."

I find it hard to believe that with the depth of this investigation to date LE has not looked very, very closely at those closest to Sierra. That's protocol in most cases. So LE having "cleared" them early on and not implying in any way since that the situation has changed one iota means something. IMO, the family members have airtight alibis that have been corroborated, and there is some sort of proof that Sierra was alive and well when those close to her last saw her that morning.

And with that, I suppose it is possible that a near neighbor might have information in that regard, and that LE has asked her not to speak of it. I do hope that is what's going on because while we would like all the information we can possibly get, bogus info is the last thing we want to hear.

I would rather hear an ugly truth than a lie.

?? I thought a reporter asked about anyone being clear and the answer was no one is cleared until Sierra is home???

Snipped for space by RUK

So the text to her friend was at 7:11, and 4 minutes later they tossed the phone? HUH? I was not aware there were only a 4 minute window between Sierra text and disposal of the phone. How can that be?

Is the texting done from the phone?:waitasec:

My sentiments exactly. Only four minutes from the time she sent the last text and when her phone was tossed.

It means he's an idiot because he is still at it! Or he didn't want to act suspicious or have his (distinctive?) voice identified, so he silently kept walking away unthreatened. ????

Annie, I am not so sure he is an idiot. Maybe a low life , but his cool response to the whole thing points to someone with the ability to deal well under pressure. Rather than running away, or trying to explain what he was up to, he flashes the peace sign as if to say, "its all good". He made no apparent effort to flee, which says a lot about the personality of this individual.

Given the fact that everyone in her neighborhood has heard of this case, what good would it do for him to remove these signs. It seems to me that his actions are not aimed at actually making this situation go away, but rather to say that she is not important.

Annie, I am not so sure he is an idiot. Maybe a low life , but his cool response to the whole thing points to someone with the ability to deal well under pressure. Rather than running away, or trying to explain what he was up to, he flashes the peace sign as if to say, "its all good". He made no apparent effort to flee, which says a lot about the personality of this individual.

Given the fact that everyone in her neighborhood has heard of this case, what good would it do for him to remove these signs. It seems to me that his actions are not aimed at actually making this situation go away, but rather to say that she is not important.

Yeah, he was busted. I had my tongue planted firmly in cheek with my response. I bet if the low life had been confronted by a couple of policemen, he would not have acted so cool. In his estimation, it was "just the nosy neighbor lady". Running away is a guilty action. Over the past ten+ years I have noted the rudeness of stray kids toward their elders. Manners and respect seem to be lacking in bushels. We simply live in an unmannered society.

If he is doing this in broad daylight or early dawn, and has been noticed and continues to tear down signs in Sierra's neighborhood, then the guy has a screw loose. Or he's REALLY stoned. JMOO.

According to the court reporter's tweets, there are now two thieves in Sierra's neighborhood - the ribbon thief woman, who was apparently caught by LE (who apparently are staying mum on the matter), and now some creepy early twenties dude who is stealing Sierra's posters once a week. To repeat her comment on the matter - who does that?!?

I think high visibility cases like these can bring out the bizarre in already borderline types. If you have ever participated in a search, you have probably encountered random individuals (not part of the search party) who approach you,(interfere), offering theories, tips, etc. I think it goes with high visibility cases.

Yeah, he was busted. I had my tongue planted firmly in cheek with my response. I bet if the low life had been confronted by a couple of policemen, he would not have acted so cool. In his estimation, it was "just the nosy neighbor lady". Running away is a guilty action. Over the past ten+ years I have noted the rudeness of stray kids toward their elders. Manners and respect seem to be lacking in bushels. We simply live in an unmannered society.

If he is doing this in broad daylight or early dawn, and has been noticed and continues to tear down signs in Sierra's neighborhn the guy has a screw loose. Or he's REALLY stoned. JMOO.

I think he was doing it on a "dare", or god forbid, to create some sort of worship altar, or some such thing. : ( He might see her as a "celebrity" at this point, and might post her pictures in his room like a young girl might post Justin Beiber? (Shivers...)

?? I thought a reporter asked about anyone being clear and the answer was no one is cleared until Sierra is home???

I've never heard a firm and definitive statement about anyone being cleared. If they have been, it would be helpful to make that a well known and clear fact. I think it would refocus some of the energies of useless speculation (if in fact individuals have indeed, been cleared.) Perhaps I just missed that definitive statement from LE. It's hard to keep up with the volumes of info on this case.

I don't think there is a confirmed time the phone was tossed, it was said to be tossed immediately and Marlene repeatedly said Sierra leaves around 715. So I imagine "immediately" might reasonably mean between minutes after she was due to leave the house and before she expected at the bus stop?

Why is these RSO's are only caught not reporting when there is an abduction or an attack...JMO

That's teenagers for you. Heck, even adults tend to shrug such things off, as the odds of it being an indicator of something being terribly wrong are quite long indeed. This type of an incident being blown off until after the fact is very common in cases here. In addition, if I recall, LE stated that the text from the friend wasn't something that needed responding too, and thus didn't set off any alarms. I'd link to that last bit, but I have no idea where I saw it.

All JMO

I was actually responding to Little Miss Contrary, who stated
"1. Sometime after her mother last saw her at 6.10 or whenever it was, someone came into the house and forced her to send the picture.
2. That person also made her send a message to a friend at 7.11.
3. She was removed forcibly from the property and her phone was disposed of at 7.15.

This scenario seems highly unlikely to me, because the fact that she did not reply back to the friend that she sent the 7.11 text message would certainly be more of a signal that something was wrong when she failed to show up for school."

My response was that, whether or not it SEEMS this would signal something was wrong, this is in fact what happened... whether she willingly sent the texts or not, they were sent, and she did not show up to follow though, and yet, contrary to what Miss Contrary suggested, people did NOT see this failure to arrive at school as a signal something was wrong.

My sentiments exactly. Only four minutes from the time she sent the last text and when her phone was tossed.

O.K., trying to think of scenarios to explain why her last text was at 7:11, and the phone was "tossed" at 7:15. First, how do we know it was tossed at 7:15? I'm sure someone explained that, but I missed that.

Assuming the phone WAS tossed at 7:15, and her last text WAS at 7:11, the only explanation I can think of is that she willingly got in to a car with someone she knew, and she felt comfortable enough to be texting to her school chum. At that point I must conclude that the individual(s) in the vehicle that was giving her the ride "turned" on her...

This leads me to have a stronger feeling about the potential Suspect profile...

Why is these RSO's are only caught not reporting when there is an abduction or an attack...JMO

Sadly, not enough resources. Hopefully advances in technology will help. In the meantime, in the Santa Clara County area, law enforcement is struggling to keep up despite budget/manpower cuts. So much waste in certain areas, yet we cut critical resources like LE. Go figure.

I have been following this case from thr beginning, and reading all of the posts from the ever brilliant sleuths here. Tonight, after reading this last page of posts another case came to my mind. The name eludes me, but it was the case of a 12 year old girl in the St. Louis, Missouri area who disappeared after going to play with a friend at the friend's house. It turned out that the 15 year old sister of the missing girl 's friend had killed this little girl to "see what it felt like". The names of the victim and the perp are on the tip of my tongue, but my brain is frozen at the moment. Anyway, my thought was that maybe it is not a sex offender,or a male offender at all. Could be a young girl who, for some reason or motive unknown, took Sierra and ended her life. jMHO, and total speculation, but stranger things have happened.

I have been following this case from thr beginning, and reading all of the posts from the ever brilliant sleuths here. Tonight, after reading this last page of posts another case came to my mind. The name eludes me, but it was the case of a 12 year old girl in the St. Louis, Missouri area who disappeared after going to play with a friend at the friend's house. It turned out that the 15 year old sister of the missing girl 's friend had killed this little girl to "see what it felt like". The names of the victim and the perp are on the tip of my tongue, but my brain is frozen at the moment. Anyway, my thought was that maybe it is not a sex offender,or a male offender at all. Could be a young girl who, for some reason or motive unknown, took Sierra and ended her life. jMHO, and total speculation, but stranger things have happened.

O.K., trying to think of scenarios to explain why her last text was at 7:11, and the phone was "tossed" at 7:15. First, how do we know it was tossed at 7:15? I'm sure someone explained that, but I missed that.

Assuming the phone WAS tossed at 7:15, and her last text WAS at 7:11, the only explanation I can think of is that she willingly got in to a car with someone she knew, and she felt comfortable enough to be texting to her school chum. At that point I must conclude that the individual(s) in the vehicle that was giving her the ride "turned" on her...

This leads me to have a stronger feeling about the potential Suspect profile...
Another scenario could be that the perp sent the text to mess with the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair