Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dweller in that cul de sac has stated on another site to forget the family. She has been putting up the yellow ribbons and posters at the beginning.

HER QUOTE:

"But I will say if you're looking at the family, you're barking up the wrong tree, and that's based on something I know and can't tell. You'll just have to take my word for it. It's not just because I like them or any nebulous feelings or visions or whatever. It's not them."

So it seems it is a very definite reason and why our Admin Mods will not allow talk of them as well...OK I agree now btw.

Now that is interesting! Wonder what the something she knows is, and why she can't tell.

:seeya: I am playing "catch up" right now seeing if there is any "new news" on Sierra ...

BBM: And when I read the above posts, and I was totally confused about the "dweller in the cul de sac".

Was this person on the news/MSM and is there a link ? TIA !

Oh, did they catch the person who was "stealing the ribbons" :maddening:

I hope they did ! !

:moo:

My feeling is that LE thoroughly vetted the family before doing anything else. The word "cleared" was used at the beginning and it still holds true. However, until a POI is identified, it is typical LE-speak to say everyone is a suspect until they find out what happened. Remember, to arrest someone, they need unimpeachable evidence which isn't that easy, considering the DA has one shot and one shot only to prove the POI guilty. The evidence needed would be even stronger if the victim has not been found. They are a wily bunch, and for good reason.

The neighbor, as stated above, is working tirelessly on this case. She only knew Sierra from a distance to wave to her. This lady deserves a medal for her upbeat, positive attitude, and countless hours spent on the case. More neighbors should be like her! She is sticking up for the family with that statement and probably said "she knew" as reinforcement. Doubt she knows a lot more than that. IMOO.

Thanks. I was composing my post before I knew who this neighbor was.

She may just "know" in her heart that it's not them, but her quoted post led me to believe she knew something that she was not at liberty to tell.

There's a difference between knowing in your gut and acutally having knowledge. I would really like to believe she actually has knowledge and LE has asked her to keep it quiet for now.

Thanks. I was composing my post before I knew who this neighbor was.

She may just "know" in her heart that it's not them, but her quoted post led me to believe she knew something that she was not at liberty to tell.

There's a difference between knowing in your gut and acutally having knowledge. I would really like to believe she actually has knowledge and LE has asked her to keep it quiet for now.

That could be true, but saying "I know something" is in itself like she is privy to what really happened, and I don't think she would make a public statement to that effect. I was taking it to mean "in my heart" based on what she has observed or been told by those close to the investigation. After all, she has boots on the ground and much more access to the scene and people than we have, so no doubt she does know more. I think she is tired of being questioned about the family. There are other sites where posters scream that the parents and BF are guilty, and she does peruse those sites for "ideas."
JMOO.

That could be true, but saying "I know something" is in itself like she is privy to what really happened, and I don't think she would make a public statement to that effect. I was taking it to mean "in my heart" based on what she has observed or been told by those close to the investigation. After all, she has boots on the ground and much more access to the scene and people than we have, so no doubt she does know more. I think she is tired of being questioned about the family. There are other sites where posters scream that the parents and BF are guilty, and she does peruse those sites for "ideas."
JMOO.

BBM

She's one tough cookie, then. Those places are ugly, nasty...I can't stomach more than a few moments perusal of that type of cruel judgmental behavior, and I don't even know this family.

As for what she knows - I wouldn't be surprised if she knows something specific about why the family is a no go suspect wise, but I doubt it has anything to do with knowing what actually happened or what individuals (if any) LE suspects. Regardless, she's a court reporter, so she's not going to spill the beans and thus IMO any speculation on the matter won't find any sure answers until a trial is taking place.

All JMO

I think that there is something to be learned from looking at the timeline again and making some hypothetical scenarios that would fit within the constraints of the timeline.

Option 1.

1. Sierra took her own picture willingly and tweeted it at 6.29.
2. Sierra sent her friend a text at 7.11 regarding classwork.
3. The phone was discarded on Palm ave. at 7.15.

Given the short amount of time between the text and the phone being tossed, it would stand to reason that she was not attacked in the house. The abduction happened after she had left the house but was still in her yard.

Option 2.

1. Sometime after her mother last saw her at 6.10 or whenever it was, someone came into the house and forced her to send the picture.
2. That person also made her send a message to a friend at 7.11.
3. She was removed forcibly from the property and her phone was disposed of at 7.15.

This scenario seems highly unlikely to me, because the fact that she did not reply back to the friend that she sent the 7.11 text message would certainly be more of a signal that something was wrong when she failed to show up for school.
(snip)

But the fact is that she DID send a text at 7:11, whether forced or not, she did not reply back to the friend, and she did not show up for school, yet nobody seems to have thought "something was wrong" until 6pm when her mom got the standard run-of-the-mill recorded message indicating Sierra had not attended school.

:seeya: I am playing "catch up" right now seeing if there is any "new news" on Sierra ...

BBM: And when I read the above posts, and I was totally confused about the "dweller in the cul de sac".

Was this person on the news/MSM and is there a link ? TIA !

Oh, did they catch the person who was "stealing the ribbons" :maddening:

I hope they did ! !

:moo:

According to the court reporter's tweets, there are now two thieves in Sierra's neighborhood - the ribbon thief woman, who was apparently caught by LE (who apparently are staying mum on the matter), and now some creepy early twenties dude who is stealing Sierra's posters once a week. To repeat her comment on the matter - who does that?!?

But the fact is that she DID send a text at 7:11, whether forced or not, she did not reply back to the friend, and she did not show up for school, yet nobody seems to have thought "something was wrong" until 6pm when her mom got the standard run-of-the-mill recorded message indicating Sierra had not attended school.

That's teenagers for you. Heck, even adults tend to shrug such things off, as the odds of it being an indicator of something being terribly wrong are quite long indeed. This type of an incident being blown off until after the fact is very common in cases here. In addition, if I recall, LE stated that the text from the friend wasn't something that needed responding too, and thus didn't set off any alarms. I'd link to that last bit, but I have no idea where I saw it.

All JMO

And yet we were told that both Holly Bobo's teacher and friend were in tears, when she was late for class that morning ,convinced that something had happened to her...go figure...

And yet we were told that both Holly Bobo's teacher and friend were in tears, when she was late for class that morning ,convinced that something had happened to her...go figure...

Yep, it just shows that there is no universal reaction to anything.

That's also one of the reason's why I don't think the perp made that text unless he was a complete moron. It's just asking for trouble, especially since teenagers have their own individual quirks when texting that are easy for friends to identify, but very hard to emulate without going to extraordinary lengths to study them. IMO, Sierra made that text and was in trouble almost immediately thereafter.

IMO, I have yet to see a convincing argument for any type of staging. I haven't seen anything to convince me that staging didn't happen, either, but for now the KISS principal dictates that I look at this as a either a forceful (by a stranger) or lured (by an acquaintance) abduction scenario.

Most of the time, a criminal's actions can be reduced to simple, banal methods & motives, so I tend to be leery of any theories requiring complicated planning, staging or conspiracies.

Further evidence could always direct my thoughts in another direction entirely, of course.

All JMO

JMOO.

Very reasonable explanation, thank you.

Maybe it's just the way she speaks...but it would be better if she could say it in a not-leading way. Like..."I know in my heart" or "I just know." And then either stop or say why she knows, instead of saying she knows something that she can't tell.

Anyway, I will chalk this one up as a person not trying to cause trouble, and not looking for her 15 minutes, but who really does not have actual knowledge of anything specific.

BBM

She's one tough cookie, then. Those places are ugly, nasty...I can't stomach more than a few moments perusal of that type of cruel judgmental behavior, and I don't even know this family.

(snipped)

All JMO

I don't know what was worse - visiting Twitter or a couple of other sleuthing websites -- but will say they both disgusted me. Felt like I had visited the underbelly of the Internet! :maddening:

It's here or real legitimate news for me.

I think that there is something to be learned from looking at the timeline again and making some hypothetical scenarios that would fit within the constraints of the timeline.

Option 1.

Given the short amount of time between the text and the phone being tossed, it would stand to reason that she was not attacked in the house. The abduction happened after she had left the house but was still in her yard.

Option 2.

1. Sometime after her mother last saw her at 6.10 or whenever it was, someone came into the house and forced her to send the picture.
2. That person also made her send a message to a friend at 7.11.
3. She was removed forcibly from the property and her phone was disposed of at 7.15.

This scenario seems highly unlikely to me, because the fact that she did not reply back to the friend that she sent the 7.11 text message would certainly be more of a signal that something was wrong when she failed to show up for school.

So I am leaning toward the first scenario, and would wager that it was someone she knew who ultimately abducted her. I say ultimately because I think it was not initially an abduction, but she went along willingly.

(snipped for space)

Just a quick clarification, the picture was not tweeted, cardozo was mistaken when he said that. It hasn't been confirmed what happened but since I myself switch tweet with text and vice versa, and I do both all the live long day and know the difference, my belief is the photo could of potentially been sent by text even though it looks more like a webcam composition.

Another option

1. Sierra is reblogging and sends one retweet, sitting on her computer, half ready for school, about 630.
2. Sometime after this, one or more people enter the home, and a grave situation develops immediately.
3. They know Sierra well enough to know she is meant to be leaving at 715, with her phone, and a bag. A photo and a message is sent to help point to the crime starting outside the home.
4. You can restrain small Sierra by overpowering her, but you sure as hell cannot put on her shoes without a lot of fuss. A vehicle comes from an obscured part of the property nearly to the front door and Sierra is placed inside very quickly, the vehicle leaves, looking to any potential witnesses as expected and familiar traffic.
5. Drive away, quickly tossing her phone. Is the bag placed soon after or on the way back? Not getting the shoes was an error in pointing to her being on her way that day, when the crime has been quite planned, but everything else that left with Sierra is found rather simply.

I don't buy that any links with illegal goings on could have been fully examined in the few days before the parents were cleared. Not to cast any suspicion on Marlene or Rick themselves, or the property/business owner but sometimes good people get tied up with scary and dangerous people.

According to the court reporter's tweets, there are now two thieves in Sierra's neighborhood - the ribbon thief woman, who was apparently caught by LE (who apparently are staying mum on the matter), and now some creepy early twenties dude who is stealing Sierra's posters once a week. To repeat her comment on the matter - who does that?!?

Yes, the creepier part is that the guy who has been seen doing this also flashed the peace sign as he is walking away, fully aware of the fact that he has been seen. That is a strange behavior, and an unusual response.
What does that mean?

Option 1.

So I am leaning toward the first scenario, and would wager that it was someone she knew who ultimately abducted her. I say ultimately because I think it was not initially an abduction, but she went along willingly.

Snipped for space by RUK

So the text to her friend was at 7:11, and 4 minutes later they tossed the phone? HUH? I was not aware there were only a 4 minute window between Sierra text and disposal of the phone. How can that be?

Is the texting done from the phone?:waitasec:

I think in Hollys case every student in her class got a text message from someone saying something happed to Holly and when she didnt show up at all for class that morning they knew something had happend to her. Thats why the reaction! JMO

Half of darden tn were in her yard before 8 30!
Im thinkig many text messages went out to everyone of her friends

JMO

Ozazure,
I think this is a good theory. It's bothering me though that Sierra lives in such a small neighborhood, and someone must have seen if there was a car parked right outside her door. And why would he/they go through all that trouble and risk being caught, when they could abduct her when she was waiting for the bus? Because I can imagine that her phone is always in her hand, considering the amount of tweets she posts daily.

By the way, when did the mom and her boyfriend get home that day? I just think it's weird that the mom didn't notice anything until she got that message at 6 pm about Sierra being absent from school. IMO, that's kind of late. Considering that Sierra seems quite popular (don't know if she is in her new school though). I mean, she posted a lot of tweets every day, and I bet that she sent a lot of text messages too. Suddenly she stops, and doesn't show up for school. And no one doesn't even notice anything or getting suspicious?

Sorry if I'm bringing this up again, you've probably talked about it a 100 times :p

The only "staging" part I can see has to do with the bag; where it was found and what was found in it. Doesn't make sense, it clearly did not contain all of Sierra's belongings, IMO. So where are the rest? They should have been flung about someplace, if the guy went thru the bag and if he only wanted to have the clothes found, why bother with the books? It does make it seem that a bag packed later is a possibility, at least...JMO

Option 1.

snipped and BBM

on #3 - wasn't her bus stop on Palm & Dougherty? The phone was found on Scheller & Santa Teresa wasn't it? Not on Palm? Or am I confused? and how/when did we find out that it was discarded at 7:15? I am lost with this. Thanks:waitasec:

I noted this awhile back, but rang it up to Sierra not having much of a circle of friends in MH and that teens live in their own world outside of ours. You bet LE was on that clue immediately upon finding the phone and spoke at length with the MH friend who, to my knowledge, has never been identified (for good reason, besides being a minor). But I thought it hinky at the time that this wasn't brought up during the school day by her classmates. All of her friends and acquaintances are keeping mum on public SM about LE questioning them.

All speculation on my part.

Yes, the creepier part is that the guy who has been seen doing this also flashed the peace sign as he is walking away, fully aware of the fact that he has been seen. That is a strange behavior, and an unusual response.
What does that mean?

It means he's an idiot because he is still at it! Or he didn't want to act suspicious or have his (distinctive?) voice identified, so he silently kept walking away unthreatened. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland