17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is part....Latino I guess....or Hispanic. Makes no sense to me

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe this is where the White Hispanic thing comes in? I don't know either, it doesn't make sense...

It's hard not to catch the error when it's objected to imo.

If O'Mara doesn't know who the witnesses are, as the prosecutor said, him hearing the name for the first time wouldn't insure that they are talking about the same person the way identifying the witness as the other party in Trayvon's last phone call would.

I'm working with second-hand accounts, but some viewers here have claimed O'Mara stopped the witness from answering, even before the objection was raised.

But if O'Mara did NOT know the minor witness' name (which I doubt), isn't that all the more reason why he might have asked as a matter of course without thinking what he was doing?

I am baffled by what appears to be a widespread need to elevate a brief and quickly rectified moment into a major conspiracy. Is this just more hating on defense attorneys? Am I the only one who finds that boring after awhile?

It sure sounds, to me, like he thinks he's superior. Mexicans, black people...wow.

It sounds like the whole paranoid overgeneralization thing over again, just with a different ethnic group. Trayvon Martin was suspicious because he was a young black male and black males had committed some crimes in the neighborhood. Now apparently there was some Mexican who had vandalized a car and pulled a knife (or been suspected of same anyway) and consequently all Mexicans are evil and every single one of them pulls a knife on poor George.

Maybe this is where the White Hispanic thing comes in? I don't know either, it doesn't make sense...

Well, since we have discussed for weeks now that hispanic is not a race, I'd say GZ is White and Black with some hispanic background. I don't know.
Seems he has lot of races/heritages running through his blood.

JMO from reading about his family.

I find it interesting that he blogs about the 2005 incident where 2 felonies became one misdemeanor. I know we can't quote, but he says something to the effect of he knows he was wrong, but he still got his "hump."

Wonder what that means? lol

He refers to his ex-fiance (?)/girlfriend as his ex-hoe. I guess that's a popular way to refer to women.

:moo:

BBM.

Unfortunately, it is. My ex-DIL once described her Halloween costume as an "E***-ho" (her word not mine). She is Native Alaskan.

American culture is in a sorry state, IMHO.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

If anyone can be accused of sounding like a , it's Zimmerman. Disgusting especially the way he talks about his ex (the one that filed the restraining order against him).

~jmo~

He is part....Latino I guess....or Hispanic. Makes no sense to me

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

But is he Chicano or Mexican-American? There are many Latino/Hispanic cultures and they don't always love each other.

Serbs, Croats and Bosnians all speak the same language and we know how that turned out. (I'm not suggesting conflicts in the Latino world reach the level of genocide, just that sharing some cultural traits doesn't guarantee solidarity.)

I'm working with second-hand accounts, but some viewers here have claimed O'Mara stopped the witness from answering, even before the objection was raised.

But if O'Mara did NOT know the minor witness' name (which I doubt), isn't that all the more reason why he might have asked as a matter of course without thinking what he was doing?

I am baffled by what appears to be a widespread need to elevate a brief and quickly rectified moment into a major conspiracy. Is this just more hating on defense attorneys? Am I the only one who finds that boring after awhile?

I don't see where MOM stops the witness from answering before the objection but see for yourself.
http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815
It starts at 1 hour:16 minutes or so.

Anyone else thinking someone may have influenced Serino? Seems he is singing a different tune NOW... Not surprised at all... JMHO

Quoting my own post

Seems so many are easily bought... When will mankind ever learn to take the higher ground rather than sell their souls for a paycheck...Just wondering HOW these people can sleep at night... JMHO

Hi, the "White Hispanic" thing comes from the fact that Latinos (where I live, "Latino" is preferred to "Hispanic") all share cultural elements derived from Spanish rule, but they are not homogenous biologically.

Mexicans and Mexican-Americans tend to be (but aren't always) a mix of Spanish and Native American. Cubans and Caribbean countries where Natives died off and were replaced by African slaves are more likely to be black, or some mixture of black and white. Etc. and so forth.

Bottom line: Hispanics/Latinos can be of any race.

Which is why you will see on forms categories like "White/Not Hispanic" to distinguish between "White Hispanics" and Caucasians of other cultures.

If I misunderstood what you were asking, I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to be condescending.

Just because you belong to a certain ethnic group does not mean you can't be racist. I know Brazilians who hate Cubans. Puerto Ricans who hate Mexicans. Jamaicans who hate Haitians. Cubans who hate Afro-Cubans. Irish who hate Italian. Chinese who hate Japanese. Czechs who hate Russians.

I do agree that GZ did seem like quite the /punk himself when he was younger and it seems to me that he hasn't changed that much either.

MOO

Many Hispanics consider it a race. While many others identify closely with their (or their ancestral) nation of origin.

IMO, given the findings of the Human Genome Project, I find these racial distinctions almost meaningless. But humans have a lot of bias involving skin pigmentation. Personally, I don't get it—but as a dark-complected white person, I can very much relate to the prejudice people of color confront on a regular basis.

One of the issues that frustrates me is that GZ is clearly dark-complected and yet white people keep trying to make him some honorary white person for what seem to be political/ideological purposes. IMO, the misleading info about GZ's mixed ethnic background got this case off on a bad start and I fear it won't end well.

Whats wrong with WS tonight? It is taking forever to post a reply and for a page to load...

Just because you belong to a certain ethnic group does not mean you can't be racist. I know Brazilians who hate Cubans. Puerto Ricans who hate Mexicans. Jamaicans who hate Haitians. Cubans who hate Afro-Cubans. Irish who hate Italian. Chinese who hate Japanese. Czechs who hate Russians.

I do agree that GZ did seem like quite the /punk himself when he was younger and it seems to me that he hasn't changed that much either.

MOO

Racism or tribalism? IMO, much of what is called racism is really tribalism.

"It was part of their upbringing to know that there are people in need, people more in need than themselves," said Post, a Peruvian immigrant who lived with the Zimmermans for a time.

Post recalls evening prayers before dinner in the ethnically diverse Zimmerman household, which included siblings Robert Jr., Grace, and Dawn. "It wasn't only white or only Hispanic or only black - it was mixed," she said.

http://www.tulsatoday.com/index.php...immerman-prelude&catid=61:national&Itemid=109

MOO

Those are not races. So that has nothing to do with racism.

IMO

"It was part of their upbringing to know that there are people in need, people more in need than themselves," said Post, a Peruvian immigrant who lived with the Zimmermans for a time.

Post recalls evening prayers before dinner in the ethnically diverse Zimmerman household, which included siblings Robert Jr., Grace, and Dawn. "It wasn't only white or only Hispanic or only black - it was mixed," she said.

http://www.tulsatoday.com/index.php...immerman-prelude&catid=61:national&Itemid=109

It's amazing in articles like this how much they try to make him out to be a multi ethnic loving person. It's almost going overboard. I don't think a jury is going to acquit him because he loves all ethnicities so darn much. That supposed love did not stop him from pulling a trigger and killing TM.

Frances Robles @RoblesHerald

Crump on #Zimmerman myspace: "It's 1 thing to think it, but to TYPE it? U had to really have ill will + malice. U really gotta be racist."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member