17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why keep ASKING him about the situation? Why not get "unpolite" and tell him to STOP? Say you are fixing my car for me, and I say, "You don't have to do that...but it is making this weird noise when I turn the wheel." Does that indicate that I want you to STOP IMMEDIATELY, or that you don't HAVE to do it, but since you ARE, here is what I need?
Other posters here who are more familiar with police dispatch practices have said that there may be a script the dispatchers use or that they are told not to issue direct orders.

If Trayvon had been your Son would GZ's apology make everything all better?

Nothing will EVER make it all better. But you CANNOT, as the Martins did, REJECT an offer to speak with GZ for an apology, then say he wouldn't GIVE an apology, then say the apology he DID give was self serving. You have to pick ONE side and stick with it.

So why keep ASKING him about the situation? Why not get "unpolite" and tell him to STOP? Say you are fixing my car for me, and I say, "You don't have to do that...but it is making this weird noise when I turn the wheel." Does that indicate that I want you to STOP IMMEDIATELY, or that you don't HAVE to do it, but since you ARE, here is what I need?

Because the dispatcher got an answer of "okay" which he assumed GZ understood his request. Had he known GZ still intended to follow, the dispatcher would have never hung up the phone and given GZ a direct order because his safety was in jeopardy along with anyone else within the area because GZ had a gun and did not let LE know. jmo

After the dispatcher tells GZ to stop following he only asks basic info about the caller. What's your name and address and where can the police find you so you can explain to them what the problem is.

JMO but I don't think it would be good form of a 911 dispatcher to just drop the call without getting the particulars when someone calls and says they're following a suspicious individual.

No, I guess nobody explicitly said that all this happened at the same time but we have heard versions that say that GZ had to shoot because he was in fear for his life, because he was losing consciousness and couldn't breathe because Trayvon's hand forced him to swallow the blood that came out of his nose. We have also heard that GZ had to shoot because he was in fear for his life because his head was being bashed against the concrete and one more hit would have had him in diapers and fed by his brother. We have also heard that GZ had to shoot because he was in fear for his life because TM was trying to get his gun. It seems to me that all this is alleged to have happened at the moment it became crystal clear to him that he was going to die unless he shot TM.

BEM: I doubt GZ said this about his brother - I'm more inclined to believe these are his brother's words, embellished for dramatic effect. JMO

At that point he was considered SYG untouchable. I'm sure he thought it was all over but agreed to the reenactment because he was free and clear. Not sure they will be able to use that in court if he was considered free to go. jmo
I disagree, since GZ knew he could have stopped the questioning and obtained an attorney at any point. IMO his immediate and extended voluntary unrepresented cooperation with LE is one of the factors that has me waiting for more information, instead of assuming that GZ is lying about what happened the night TM died. JMO

But what about the next day when she finds out that TM has been shot and killed? Wouldn't she then call someone to let them know what happened the last time she talked to TM? I mean, the last time she is talking to TM he tells her there is a man following him, she hears words exchanged and what she describes as a push and the phone goes dead. No answer when she calls back and the next day she learns of the death, but still doesn't contact his parents???

How do you know she didn't call Trayvon's parents? Either way, the poor child was probably in shock. I just lost my Cousin unexpectedly from a heart attack two weeks ago. I am still in a daze and he died from natural causes at 54. So I cannot even imagine how a 16 year old felt when she found out her bf was dead. Why are we analyzing her in the first place? This is about GZ shooting someone for no reason whatsoever.

No, but the phrase, "I was on the phone with my boyfriend who stated to me that someone was following him and he was scared, then I heard a scuffle and the line went dead. He is not answering his phone now and I am worried..." THAT would have gotten a response.

:tyou:

No, but the phrase, "I was on the phone with my boyfriend who stated to me that someone was following him and he was scared, then I heard a scuffle and the line went dead. He is not answering his phone now and I am worried..." THAT would have gotten a response.
Agreed ----> Especially the next day, after hearing that he was shot to death, apparently by the very same dude... ya know? If it is true that she heard what is alleged, I do find it very strange that she would not have at least told her parents about the conversation... who surely would have contacted Sanford police, wouldn't they? All JMO

Nothing will EVER make it all better. But you CANNOT, as the Martins did, REJECT an offer to speak with GZ for an apology, then say he wouldn't GIVE an apology, then say the apology he DID give was self serving. You have to pick ONE side and stick with it.

Oh, it was too little way too late. It was not an apology. An apology would have been more on the lines of I'm sorry I shot your son....... GZ avoided any responsibility for the shooting just said he was sorry for their loss. They want him to tell them why he shot their son....they don't want to hear I'm sorry for your loss. Those are empty words from the shooter. jmo

vlpate,

Also.. what made no sense to me, is that Tracy Martin got Tray's g/f to call juvenile justice, when that is where Brandy Greene works?? Why didn't he just call himself??

:moo::moo:

Another question, which will explain my comments above, why did Tracy Martin call the Juvenile Justice dept., and the Sheriff's Dept. to see if they'd picked TM up, before calling the non-emergency number? Link
"“I had [his girlfriend] call juvenile justice, just to check and see if anyone by the name of Trayvon Martin had been picked up. No Trayvon Martin,” the father told NNPA. “My next call was to the Seminole County Sheriff’s Department to see if any kid had been picked up.

“My third call was to a non-emergency number at the Seminole County Sheriff’s

Department and I informed them that I was filing a missing person’s report."

Agreed ----> Especially the next day, after hearing that he was shot to death, apparently by the very same dude... ya know? If it is true that she heard what is alleged, I do find it very strange that she would not have at least told her parents about the conversation... who surely would have contacted Sanford police, wouldn't they? All JMO

I believe their position was they wanted to protect her. And we can see now why they took they stand. It was a wise move on their part. jmo

See, THIS is where, imo, the supporters of TM lose all credibility. He is LAYING on the ground, with a 6'3' manchild covering his mouth and nose, and ALL he had to do was THINK (tough to do when you have, per GZ, been punched in the nose, and are being suffocated) about how to get away. When you are being starved for oxygen, your body AUTOMATICALLY reacts to get air inside.

I guess I am not getting your point because I don't see where it contradicts anything I said.

If he was starved for oxygen he wouldn't have reacted automatically by lifting his head against all the pressure TM exerted because that is an effort that requires MORE oxygen and TM wouldn't have been able to repeatedly bash his head to the ground at the same time he was using all that weight to push GZ down and suffocate him.

A simple sideways rolling of the head would have been a movement of less resistance and if his mouth and nose pointed to the side it would have been more difficult for TM to cover them completely since he would have had to use his weight horizontally.

Another question, which will explain my comments above, why did Tracy Martin call the Juvenile Justice dept., and the Sheriff's Dept. to see if they'd picked TM up, before calling the non-emergency number? Link
"“I had [his girlfriend] call juvenile justice, just to check and see if anyone by the name of Trayvon Martin had been picked up. No Trayvon Martin,” the father told NNPA. “My next call was to the Seminole County Sheriff’s Department to see if any kid had been picked up.

Also.. what made no sense to me, is that Tracy Martin got Tray's g/f to call juvenile justice, when that is where Brandy Greene works?? Why didn't he just call himself??

:moo::moo:

What are you insinuating?

Other posters here who are more familiar with police dispatch practices have said that there may be a script the dispatchers use or that they are told not to issue direct orders.

Well if they are told not to issue direct orders, then he was not given a direct order. So how could he not follow an order if he was not given one?

:moo::moo:[/QUOTE]

I think he means Tracy got his own gf to call them, not Tray's gf.

I truly don't understand what difference his age makes. It would have been ok to shoot him if he were a little older??? :banghead:
I have not heard anyone stating that this is GZ's position. Nor is it mine, nor have I seen anyone stating so here, IMO. As has been noted, GZ was answering a question that the victim's grieving mother said she would ask him if she could meet him face to face. JMO

/bbm

I disagree, since GZ knew he could have stopped the questioning and obtained an attorney at any point. IMO his immediate and extended voluntary unrepresented cooperation with LE is one of the factors that has me waiting for more information, instead of assuming that GZ is lying about what happened the night TM died. JMO
And I see his "cooperation" as being self-serving. He'd gotten 2 previous felony convictions reduced to misdeameanors, and daddy was a judge. No reason to believe they'd actually charge him, IMO!

Because the police dept. in Miami has nothing better to do than follow up on a vague phone call?

I have not heard anyone stating that this is GZ's position. Nor is it mine, nor have I seen anyone stating so here, IMO. As has been noted, GZ was answering a question that the victim's grieving mother said she would ask him if she could meet him face to face. JMO

/bbm

Can you provide me the link that explains what Trayvon's mom's specific demands were in an apology?
I must have missed that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member