LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about Mickey having her pepper spray... she must have been hit pretty hard not to have been able to use it... if driver was DUI, using her pepper spray she would have a chance of getting away...
If (s) were out to get her, then much less chance...

Remember not all drivers that are DUI are completely wasted. 2-3 beers buys you legally over the limit but for many people I know, they are not intoxicated at that point. Also, not all DUI is alcohol. Functioning drug addicts on RX drugs could have been thinking/acting normal buy knew if LE did a blood or urine drug screen, they would have charges.

I'm not as up on the Z71 angle as y'all are so it would be a big help to just link what you think the proper picture(s) should be for the poster

Let's nip this in the bud about Chevy Z71:

Lafayette police are still looking for the driver or occupants of this white Chevy Z-71 truck which was in the same area as Mickey Shunick on May 19.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...estigation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

bilde

I'm sorry if this has already been cleared up, but that black area behind the driver + passenger area sure looks to me like it could be a black colored tool box storage that fits in the bed of a truck or something like that.

The reason I am wondering if it is some black box in the bed area is because that does seem to match the truck described in the "patterson" incident.

Anyway, just wondering what that black thing is behind the driver + passenger compartment and if we tell if it is some kind of box in the bed area (or not).

Sorry if this has been discussed already.

There are different reasons for calling off a search.

In Samantha Koenig's case from Alaska, I believe LE scaled back searches, but, in the meantime, they were chasing down the suspect in a different State, and there were behind the scenes negotiating going on with the perp regarding ransom $ etc.

All we can really do is try and support the wishes and efforts of Mickey's family and the Law, and try to help the investigation, and not hinder it.

Also, it is worth noting, that the suspect and what could end up being his supporters could end up going back on our threads, and using our sleuthing ideas to support their own defence claims. FWIW

You're correct. Last night when I went check out the Circle K, an officer had just left. He was reviewing footage from an analog camera with a view of the parking lot. The Cashier was friendly as always and keeps me updated. She went on the say that the officer told her, "Mickey was identified as being a customer in that store the day she disappeared."

Looks like they are getting their facts straight and are pointing towards a suspect based on the multidude of cameras around.

I'm sorry but this post is unclear ~ Are you saying MS had stopped in and shopped at the Circle K?
Earlier in the day when she was on her way to Artmosphere or just before she disappeared?

Remember the tire tracks they found?

Yep. They're onto something.

yep, their onto something...

now, they have to get all the Z-71's registered in Louisiana first and hope it was a truck that was registered in Louisiana and they have to go knock on doors in say a 30 mile radius.

pretty large task, but their onto something.

Y'all just please discuss which is the best Z71 picture(s) - I truly don't have the energy to get up to speed. The heat is getting me again today.

What do guys think about the stated reason that volunteers need a rest? Does that make sense? Or do you think the family needs rest? Am still confused that it is called off if they then plan on resuming TOMORROW.

I think it's kind of strange that volunteers need a rest, and not a very good excuse to stop looking for someone who may be in mortal danger. Could be organizers want to really get things in order for a good search, but don't really know.

But you need PROOF of that. A girl cannot go on TV two months later and make an unfounded claim like that, and expect any kind of legal action. Thank goodness.

It establishes probable cause to enough of an extent where LE could potentially locate said POI and bring them in for questioning.

IMO I don't see how it could be any other vehicle other than a truck, how fast and easy would it be to put a bike in the back seat of a car anyway. And I don't think anyone of the other cars saw anything or they would probably have contacted LE by now.

Hi everyone! First time posting, but have been lurking for about a year now since Lauren Spierer went missing.

So, I'm having a hard time figuring out where the bike was actually located. I know it was stated that it was not thrown from the bridge, but drove down to the location it was found. Could someone please verify the location of the bike? The reason I ask is because there are 2 traffic cams I found online, one facing east and one facing west at I 10 and exit 127 with clear shots of I 10 and the ramps. I was just thinking, if the bike was located near the ramps, wouldn't the police have video of a vehicle driving down there or at least capture something during that time on the bridge?
Here is a good google map that has some pertinent info pinned (including the location of the bike): https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...0&ll=30.190615,-92.0753&spn=0.037688,0.055189

I think it's important for all of us to remember that Law Enforcement knows more than we do. Of course they are checking the I-10 cameras and looking for suspicious activity/following up on leads. But there's an enormous window of time between when Mickey went missing and the bike was found. Now assuming the bike was dumped the same night/morning that Mickey went missing, then they have less footage to comb through ... but it still might not be definitive. LE are not going to post BOLOs on unsubstantiated evidence.

I'm pretty sure it's against the law to offer someone money for sex. He could have definitely been arrested for that.

Not without PROOF that it ever happened that way. You cannot just go to LE and make unfounded accusations. And there is often a lot of ambiguity in conversations like that, imo.

This girl comes forward two months later and makes these accusations. And people want this man arrested for a conversation she describes? That is frightening, imo.

Hey guys! Listening in for a few days. Any updates on why or where dad was taken in the helicopter? Also, it seems obvious to me that since MS was experienced biker & if Im not mistaken, had some self defence training, 2 general senerios are most likely...1) 2 am, bars closing, shes near plenty. Drunk hit her, didn't want to get in trouble...but, seems there would be more damage to bike. 2)"Pro" got her. I tend to notice when it is a perv out for his own jollies its a serial thing, haven't heard much of that sort of thing around here so...Im really thinking human trafficking. *These rings make plenty money, could have access to resources to aid getaways & coverup.*Don't think its such a stretch that the Indiana case is related. Makes sense these traffickers have a demand for a particular look. Also, if they always took girls from the same or close areas they risk leaving more trails for one particular LE agency to work with. Oh yeah, as far as someone saying abductors not usually taking bikes, MS may have held on to hers after being bumped to make it harder for perpetual to grab her.

Just for info, if I'm not mistaken, a "Z71" is not a specific truck, it is a package added to GMC's and Chev's for easier driving off road such as a plate under the gas tank and better suspension, among other things. There will usually be a decal on the truck with Z71 written on it.
We have a GMC Sierra 2500 with the Z71 package. (not white though!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member