NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

From the site's live blog:

2:57 p.m.
Lampkin testifies she made "three or four" calls to Madalina's parents after Nov. 21, her last known day at school. She claims despite multiple attempts to call Christopher Palmiter, he never answered the phone. Lampkin says she also sent multiple emails to Palmiter about Madalina's absences. Voicemail messages will be played for the jury to hear.
The messages were pulled from Palmiter's Apple iPhone XR by an FBI forensics expert, along with text messages, emails, internet searches and other data."

I want to know what his internet searches were for, and why he never answered those calls. I also want to know why her MOTHER wasn't the one being contacted. When my kids were in public school there was always a primary contact, and that was always me. Dad was secondary.
I don't know but perhaps DC was also contacted but they're just limiting the questions/statements here to the calls that were made to CP?
-------------------------------------------------------
The answers CP later gave the detective (from an earlier post, #335) were just bizarre, from what we've heard so far!

From the site's live blog:

2:57 p.m.
Lampkin testifies she made "three or four" calls to Madalina's parents after Nov. 21, her last known day at school. She claims despite multiple attempts to call Christopher Palmiter, he never answered the phone. Lampkin says she also sent multiple emails to Palmiter about Madalina's absences. Voicemail messages will be played for the jury to hear.
The messages were pulled from Palmiter's Apple iPhone XR by an FBI forensics expert, along with text messages, emails, internet searches and other data."

I want to know what his internet searches were for, and why he never answered those calls. I also want to know why her MOTHER wasn't the one being contacted. When my kids were in public school there was always a primary contact, and that was always me. Dad was secondary.

Was the mom using that as her primary address? Or just CP? Maybe it had to be him to meet the residency requirements for Madalina to attend that school system? MOO.

I don't know but perhaps DC was also contacted but they're just limiting the questions/statements here to the calls that were made to CP?
The answers CP later gave the detective (from an earlier post, #335) were just bizarre, from what we've heard so far!
I thought of that after I commented, you may be right about that.
Also, yes, his answers were just dumb. I have to wonder if he was trying to be sarcastic?

I don't know but perhaps DC was also contacted but they're just limiting the questions/statements to the calls that were made to CP?
They certainly were bizarre! If he is on video giving these four possibilities for Madalina's absence, it will be mighty difficult to defend not reporting her missing. I've assumed that his defense would be that he thought her mother, in her paranoia, had arranged for her to be at a safe place.

Here's the reason CP was contacted -- He was contacted after DC didn't respond.

Jesse Pierre

@JessePierre_
·
12m

Lampkin said she was starting to lose her patience after not getting any responses from Madalina’s parents. After several voicemails, she also sent several emails to Palmiter since mother had not responded by phone or by email.

3:50 p.m.
Palmiter's defense attorney begins questioning Lampkin.
3:45 p.m.
Once Diana Cojocari, Madalina's mother, finally made contact with Lampkin, Lampkin said she told Cojocari to bring her daughter to school for a Dec. 15 meeting. When Diana Cojocari showed up to the meeting without her daughter, Lampkin said she notified the principal and the school resource office. Lampkin said she also notified North Carolina's Division of Social Services (DSS) .

I mean.... if DC and CP couldn't even figure out between them to just tell the school Madalina was with family in Moldova or was being homeschooled or another SIMPLE excuse to get the school off their backs, when they had three weeks to think about it, then how in the world was LE NOT able to pit them against each other and get to the truth in, like, five minutes?

This is why I wonder if CP (or DC) really DOESN'T know anything. If they couldn't be pitted against each other because one of them really doesn't have any information to be able to barter with.

Also, I bet Dateline is ALL over this story.

Last edited:
I mean.... if DC and CP couldn't even figure out between them to just tell the school Madalina was with family in Moldova or was being homeschooled or another SIMPLE excuse to get the school off their backs, when they had three weeks to think about it, then how in the world was LE NOT able to pit them against each other and get to the truth in, like, five minutes?

This is why I wonder if CP (or DC) really DOESN'T know anything. If they couldn't be pitted against each other because one of them really doesn't have any information to be able to barter with.

Unless something stunning comes out in court, it's looking more and more like CP actually doesn't know when MC went missing or where she went missing to. As of now, it looks like this was all DC's doing, and lying to the school immediately about it.

jmo

Those excuses wouldn't have held up. The school would have had to report to LE if her parents said she was being homeschooled, but weren't able to present her in person. If they said she was sent to Moldova, it would be easy to prove that her passport wasn't used.

Those excuses wouldn't have held up. The school would have had to report to LE if her parents said she was being homeschooled, but weren't able to present her in person. If they said she was sent to Moldova, it would be easy to prove that her passport wasn't used.
Where are you getting that information?

I took one of my children out of school twice to homeschool them and it then, by law, they were immediately considered out of the public school's domain. Therefore, I did not have to report to the public school or provide them with anything, nor did they ask or contact me again.

If the school had cause to think there was something nefarious going on, they could report that to LE or Children's Protective Service, but not get involved themselves any further once the parents have notified them that the child is no longer enrolled in their district. But I doubt they'd report it because just pulling your child out of a school district is not considered a cause for suspicion of a crime or neglect or etc.

However, the laws on homeschooling do vary by state.

Last edited:

I took one of my children out of school twice to homeschool them and it then, by law, they were immediately considered out of the public school's domain. I did not have to report to them or provide the public school with anything, nor did they ask or contact me again. If the school had cause to think there was something nefarious going on, they could report that to LE or Children's Protective Service but not get involved themselves. But I doubt they'd report it because just pulling your child out of school is not a cause for suspicion.
The school was already suspicious of the absences and said that they wanted to see Madalina in person, so IMO they would have reported to LE to do a welfare check. Maybe not.

"4:22 p.m.
Judge calls for the trial to break for the extended holiday weekend. The trial is expected to resume at 11 a.m. on Tuesday."

Well, it looks like that's it for now. Unless there's more in the tweets that this site didn't report.

Adjourned for the day.

4:22 p.m.
Judge calls for the trial to break for the extended holiday weekend. The trial is expected to resume at 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
4:20 p.m.
Jurors heard about a video that shows Danice Lampkin, a guidance counselor at Bailey Middle School, delivering the truancy packet to the family home in Cornelius on Dec. 13. The prosecutor explained the video was recorded by a camera worn by the school resource officer. The video was not yet shown in court.
4:10 p.m.
Lampkin continues to answer procedural questions related to her timeline of events. She is also answering questions about the inner workings of the school system that documents who and how to contact a student's parent or legal guardian.

I’m feeling a little dense here as far as any defense CP could submit to get a not guilty verdict. I understand he’s entitled to a trial but beyond that it seems he’s just as responsible as DC insofar as neglecting to notify LE once Madalina was missing for 24 hours.

Is he going to claim that DC told him she safely moved Madalina but refused to tell him the location? Would that even exonerate him if he just took her word without question?

As I understand the law he’s considered a person who was involved in Madalina’s care so it was his responsibility to contact LE no matter what DC claimed.

Maybe I’m missing something, all I can figure is that CP is depending upon a sympathetic jury. Unless he has some bombshell to drop.

MOO of course.

I took one of my children out of school twice to homeschool them and it then, by law, they were immediately considered out of the public school's domain. Therefore, I did not have to report to the public school or provide them with anything, nor did they ask or contact me again.

If the school had cause to think there was something nefarious going on, they could report that to LE or Children's Protective Service, but not get involved themselves any further once the parents have notified them that the child is no longer enrolled in their district. But I doubt they'd report it because just pulling your child out of a school district is not considered a cause for suspicion of a crime or neglect or etc.

However, the laws on homeschooling do vary by state.
The difference in MC's case is that she wasn't unenrolled to homeschool. At the time they requested to see her in person she was an unaccounted for public school student. Public schools being mandated reporters, the red flags were all over the place.

jmo

I’m feeling a little dense here as far as any defense CP could submit to get a not guilty verdict. I understand he’s entitled to a trial but beyond that it seems he’s just as responsible as DC insofar as neglecting to notify LE once Madalina was missing for 24 hours.

Is he going to claim that DC told him she safely moved Madalina but refused to tell him the location? Would that even exonerate him if he just took her word without question?

As I understand the law he’s considered a person who was involved in Madalina’s care so it was his responsibility to contact LE no matter what DC claimed.

Maybe I’m missing something, all I can figure is that CP is depending upon a sympathetic jury. Unless he has some bombshell to drop.

MOO of course.

I’m feeling really dense about it too. A jury trial for this charge when to me, it’s open and shut. MC is missing, and CP nor DC reported it. The end.

Reported again in today's news story:
"
Both the defense and the prosecution reminded jurors that this trial is not about what happened to Madalina. They said jurors won’t get that answer during the trial."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11
Back