LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry I havn't been on here in awhile .Could someone catch me up a little ..this is just a guess but i think what everyone is saying is something like thier is a pic of something maybe the white truck and someone has spotted something in the pic .whos been lying or trying to track people the owners of the truck. Yes i know i can go back and read time line or every page but maybe someone could help me out i don't need a moment by moment recalling just a update .please

No official updates in a month:
http://www.lafayettela.gov/police/press_releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

For everything else you’re going to need a PhD in computer graphics, fifteen pots of coffee and a magnum of Crown Royal. :)

You can realistically "colorize" black and white images in a multitude of Adobe Photoshop ways-you cannot determine or "develop" extract actual color from a black and white image. That I am aware of and I have extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop.

On that same note:
I imported the images of Mickey alone on St. Landry and the Z71 on St. Landry into Adobe Photoshop. I enlarged both images so I could see the center pixel(s) of both the light on her bike and the hotly debated light under the truck. Adobe Photoshop color picker tells me that the html notation of what I determine to be that center pixel of those lights in both images is: ffffee
For the layman that might not be significant, but I edit and create graphic images on an almost daily basis. When doing websites by html or trying to use exact matching colors and fonts on a graphic, you want to match html notation (color, density, hue, saturation etc)

My Adobe Photoshop says: The bike light on Mickey's bike is the same light under the truck, in my professional opinion. (Before you direct me: I have emailed the mods to be verified as a professional)

I believe the original images that LE released are too low quality and/or specific items are obscured on purpose. Therefore, I cannot see a "bike". I cannot see a mangled bike. I cannot see a body. I cannot see "Mickey". Anywhere in this photo! What I can tell you is that the same light source on her bike is under the truck. Specifically. We can speculate that Mickey is further down St. Landry but we have no photo proof or eye witness, no verified proof.

We can speculate Mickey is under the truck, in the truck, standing next to the truck (she is short like me. I can't see over the hood of just about any truck out there.) bent over next to the truck, in the bed of the truck, out of camera view 20 ft in front of the truck. We have no photo proof to determine that. I assure you I am not insane, or making wild speculations. I am trying to give helpful, sleuthful information that helps find Mickey. I apologize if my opinions offend(ed) anyone.

I'm not trying to pick on ya I promise, but wouldn't light look like light no matter the source?

Light look like light. Say that 3 times fast.

I think it's meant to be a joke. "Riding shotgun". There is a shotgun riding shotgun

I titled that, ironically. This was part of a gansta type image collection that also showed work and family life. It ws really hard to tell if it ws worth going after, but dude was in the area on or around the night in question, living the night life. I feel like these images are almost worthless outside of the context that they came from, and I realized this as I was trying to title the ones I saved. What blew my mind was how, in about the 3rd cirlce of friends of the gun guy(s), I saw a formerly sluethable vehicle from the front.

I went to Campus and local La LE many days before I mentioned that stuff here. As soon as I mentioned it here 'poof' it started disappearing. Same thing with the Tiger Droppings website. As of 16 hours ago the whole Mickey Shunick thread was deleted. Wassup wit dat?

It seems like many of you would prefer to get knowhere on this, and I'm going to let you. I won't be back unless I can get time stamps to the second. C YA!!

I titled that, ironically. This was part of a gansta type image collection that also showed work and family life. It ws really hard to tell if it ws worth going after, but dude was in the area on or around the night in question, living the night life. I feel like these images are almost worthless outside of the context that they came from, and I realized this as I was trying to title the ones I saved. What blew my mind was how, in about the 3rd cirlce of friends of the gun guy(s), I saw a formerly sluethable vehicle from the front.

I went to Campus and local La LE many days before I mentioned that stuff here. As soon as I mentioned it here 'poof' it started disappearing. Same thing with the Tiger Droppings website. As of 16 hours ago the whole Mickey Shunick thread was deleted. Wassup wit dat?

It seems like many of you would prefer to get knowhere on this, and I'm going to let you. I won't be back unless I can get time stamps to the second. C YA!!

WTF???

Can I say this??? (mods please delete if I am in violation:angel:)

It wasn't deleted because of you - TD doesnt have the same TOS as websleuths and no monitors to jump in to delete certain things - its a free for all. Someone was posting some pretty major cajunet rumor mill stuff and people felt like it may harm the investigation if true so they deleted that entire thread. The poster had already gone back and removed his posts but everyone that followed was still quoting him.

Everyone's reaching so hard in this case - seeing things in pics that aren't there, thinking LE and the family is pulling one over on us not letting us know that Mickey was hurt right there in front of us, etc. IMO tracking down the timestamps won't matter, but hopefully it will clear off at least some of these possibilities people are coming up with. I was posting tons in the beginning then dropped off when the silliness with the truck pic just wouldnt stop, how frustrating to come back a month later and thats still all there is to ponder on.

Hate to say it, but this time around I hope the rumor mill pans out something true and we hear offiically soon - even if just to answer the question for good about Mickey and the DWTIQ. (which...by the way...the cops aren't even concerned with finding, I see nothing in those pics but distortion but my main reason for not believing is LE's actions...or lack thereof.)

In these type of cases, it is human nature to try to make something out of nothing because that 'nothing' is all that is available. People really do go missing all the time without any sort of evidence. This case actually has more evidence that your average missing person's case, since the average case usually doesn't have the victim on camera within 12 hours of going missing. The camera puts a definitive location to where she was at a certain point in time.

One thing that hasn't been broached (that I have seen) is her cell phone, specifically when and where it stopped pinging. I know from following the Lisa Irwin case that cell phones are usually constantly pinging as long as there is power to them. I'm not sure if MS phone is the type of phone that would give a periodic ping as long as it was on.

Shotgun. I am clueless, didn't even think it was a gun.
I wondered how that odd looking thing was a weapon that could be used to get a girl off her bike. A shotgun would do that. Why did the poster think of a pistol grip shot gun? There are lots of different kinds of guns so why that specific gun?

I have a friend that worked as a cop in D.C. I will not go into details. He retired 16 years ago. His conceal carry of choice is a pistol grip. It's always under the seat of his car. I will say this. It demands attention.

In these type of cases, it is human nature to try to make something out of nothing because that 'nothing' is all that is available. People really do go missing all the time without any sort of evidence. This case actually has more evidence that your average missing person's case, since the average case usually doesn't have the victim on camera within 12 hours of going missing. The camera puts a definitive location to where she was at a certain point in time.

One thing that hasn't been broached (that I have seen) is her cell phone, specifically when and where it stopped pinging. I know from following the Lisa Irwin case that cell phones are usually constantly pinging as long as there is power to them. I'm not sure if MS phone is the type of phone that would give a periodic ping as long as it was on.

Yep - and sometimes it happens even when there ARE answers or when it IS obvious - look at the JFK conspiracy video that still floats around. People see a gun in the limo driver's hand when its really shadow and light bouncing off the passenger's hair.

And you're right - not much has been given or discussed about the phone after she left BW's, everyone wanted to harp on phone activity before. It was reported early on that she had a slider phone, older motorola model - so it was not a smartphone and would not ping when off, no GPS, etc. LE reported that the phone was off early that morning - when she 'disappeared', but they never gave an exact time. I guess I assumed that is because they do not have an exact time, they just know that there were no pings after that last call/text. Ive also heard differing accounts of whether she received another text after that last call - but Im sure LE knows who that was to/from if so...we were just never told.

That info is in the links in the first post - some of the very early articles and press conference info mentioned the phone.

so scary. you see though, i am disappointed in myself because time and time again i find myself in similarish situations and I'm thinking in my head "this could be dangerous - no one is around, etc." but then I go all nice and think that I have to be nice. None of these situations ever turned out to be dangerous for me - the other people or person were good and didn't try to harm or take me, but you just never know. But I still always give the benefit of the doubt all the while thinking I shouldn't be. it's strange. i'm so mad at myself afterwards for being so soft. it's like an outer body experience

It's a natural southern girl thing. Especially if you are from Lafayette. For me it's very hard. I now live in an area where I stick out because of the southern girl thing. I can see how MS like me stood out, and may have been approached. The natural inclination is to help, but you never know if it will have dire consequences.

As a rider, I get asked for directions all the time. I have long suspected that someone may have approached her for directions and ambushed her once she stopped to assist. We have no proof that the bike was ACTUALLY hit. A rim can be bent with a good sized hammer or work tool.

I own a Mossberg 500 pistol grip variety, and I think the one in the photo may be the same model.

What I don't like is how the gun is buckled up like that in the seat. I feel like the average Joe riding with it for defensive purposes would be more likely to have it in the passenger side floorboard with the handle leaning up toward the driver's side, for quicker access. If someone is paranoid enough to be riding around with a shotgun, they should want quick access, not having to waste valuable time during an emergency unbuckling the seatbelt. It's like it's not there to be available to respond to an emergency, but to be casually unbuckled when the opportunity arises.

I think this was a sick joke of sorts, as it said "riding shotgun". I agree, it would be right beside me, or under the seat.

OR stalk them for nefarious reasons! A 23 yr old girl my son knows was mugged and the guy attempted to drag her into her walk up apartment in NYC! Luckily she fought HARD, dropped all her stuff and began to run. She saw a cop a few blocks away and beat on his window! He summoned and ambulance for her. The guy has ALL her stuff! purse lap top, keys, money, I-phone and credit cards! All thanks to 4 square! AT 2am she posted that she was headed home! ~ uh.... DUH!

For a while I was in LOVE with facebook. It helped me to find a lot of old friends, now I realize it for what it is-- and really who needs to know that you just finished a big old bowl of beef stew with pics.. :)

Man I would of loved to have a picture of this "crazed person" as you will probably now be referred to as :giggle:

They probably twittered, fbooked,

Man, this crazy chick just gave me directions, I am kind of scared to follow them. ;)

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Here's the thing: in the jaren case, the camera was super clear and the people were easily identifiable. I didn't say they saw everything in these Mickey frames. The big "if" here depends on those LCG cameras being live feed or like the traffic cameras. Those have HUGE lapses of time, when we're talking about a possible three second accident. Anyway, I'm a professional photographer and after really looking at shadows, contrast, light, etc in photoshop, it is more than obvious that there are areas of the photo that have been blocked out with different layers. We can only speculate why and what is under these layers. So, what we see may very well be what they see, except, of course, the parts of the picture that have obviously been blocked out. And if I was the defendant, I'd feel pretty good about my trial outcome if the evidence was that picture and another of the scene 15 seconds later. You can't be serious that you believe that would be enough evidence. They are not looking to arrest the driver of the truck. They are looking to find Mickey. So, if you have the driver of the truck in jail, do you really believe, with all of your investigative experience, that the driver would talk and they'd find Mickey? I don't.
They know who did it. They don't, however, know where Mickey is.
It's why the adds on tv say "if you know anything about Mickey, or this truck, please call." I don't get the feeling they're interested in much else. Somebody may have seen Mickey and I dare say the person that drives the truck has some friends around here somewhere.

I am hesitant to say this, because I will not confirm my source, but an acquaintance of the driver has talked... Searches are going on. I'll say this. There are murky water sonar searches going on and they're not at whiskey bay.

All of this is my own opinion, of course.

(so, since you're obviously not working on the case, what exactly would you arrest someone for with this "hard evidence"? let's not forget, Jaren's body was found)

I'd agree with you if this were any other city in any other state. This is LPD we're talking about. It's what they do. In Louisiana it doesn't take much for probable cause and to make an arrest. A blurry video, picture, or even something as simple as a sworn statement (from anyone) is enough to make an arrest. When LPD wants to arrest someone they do it. Then they worry about the evidence. I know that's not how it's supposed to work and that's why you weren't agreeing with me, but that's how things get done around here. I've seen it time and time again. I can go pick a dozen random criminal files on a handful of random people right now and show you just that. No actual evidence, arrest, charge, some evidence gathered, court, dismissed due to no good evidence. Happens all the time. LPD has a very "test the spaghetti" method of doing things. Lock someone up and then start throwing **** at the wall and hope something sticks. So I stand by what I said. But anyway, I could see them maybe (and that's a big maybe) holding off on making an arrest if they had reason to think she was still alive. But even you said they are out doing sonar on some certain murky water areas. Surely they're not looking for her alive at the bottom of some swamp. So like I said, if they were able to identify the perp they would have him locked up already and then figure out where she is as well as the rest of the evidence with him behind bars. And if they have no idea who it is then it would behoove them to release all the info they have that would help identify the vehicle and/or perp....not just one blurry, "enhanced" photo of a non-descript truck.

Yes, another possible scenario that satisfies those with the theory that bike is possibly under truck and Mickey. Isn't......and also satisfies those with the theory that its impossible by the laws of physics that she could have been hit on bike from behind and ended up under the sign......and also satisfies those with the theory about the rear taillights being stolen and arson and stolen pressure washer possibly being related.

Moo.
--------
And, also satisfies this conundrum:

The DWT is a VOI.

If the bike is indeed under the DWT, LE still doesn't have proof that the DWT/driver/occupants have anything to do with Mickey's disappearance.

However, LE may know that the DWT people may be involved in:

getting rid of the bike in the river.

But, LE needs to locate the DWT people to find out if they are only involved in running over the bike and getting rid of it, if they are complicit in the disappearance of Mickey, or if they are only witnesses, etc.

I just read this in the our local news and it reminded me a lot of this case. In the NC incident, the guy hit her back tire at an intersection and then put her bike on the top of her SUV and offered to drive her home but in fact tried to rape her. The victim in this case was able to get away from the guy.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/11262355/

Roger that....
--------

The DWT is a VOI.

If the bike is indeed under the DWT, LE still doesn't have proof that the DWT/driver/occupants have anything to do with Mickey's disappearance.

But, LE needs to locate the DWT people to find out if they are only involved in running over the bike and getting rid of it, if they are complicit in the disappearance of Mickey, or if they are only witnesses, etc.

--------

The DWT is a VOI.

How could LE know that the truck was involved in getting rid of the bike? They would have to know who owns the truck, wouldn't they? Or have video of the truck picking up the bike? I am so confused.

I just read this in the our local news and it reminded me a lot of this case. In the NC incident, the guy hit her back tire at an intersection and then put her bike on the top of her SUV and offered to drive her home but in fact tried to rape her. The victim in this case was able to get away from the guy.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/11262355/
-----------
This is an excellent and very relevant addition to our discussion.

Because some of us have been researching and posting about missing person cases for years, have been victims of violent crimes ourselves, and/or had family members and friends who have been victims of violent crimes, we learn that some pretty bizarre scenarios can be REALITY.

How could LE know that the truck was involved in getting rid of the bike? They would have to know who owns the truck, wouldn't they? Or have video of the truck picking up the bike? I am so confused.
--------

None of us can prove/disprove that the bike is under the DWT.

However, from some of the close-ups of Mickey's bike light, which had a large and small rectangular configuration, and upon seeing a close-up of the light source underneath the truck in the released still, where we see a large and small rectangular configuration (albeit the smaller rectangle was dimmed) we might arrive at the conclusion that the bike could be under the truck.

And, I might go further, and say, that the DWT might drag the bike still attached to the undercarriage with it until it was out of the immediate area.

I am not saying it is definitively, and I could very well be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley