IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
misty was working at gas station. Daniel was at his mothers house in waterloo. 4 days before lyric and another cousin<modsnip>were gone longer than they should have been so police were called then but the girls showed up.

I wonder if the post office has survelance cameras? It would show the girls leaving the parking lot and which way they were heading....

The post office is now an empty post office. It closed earlier this year with the massive postal cuts.

If a link comes up as ******* that means we cannot link to it or discuss what is contained at that link... just a reminder

misty was working at gas station. Daniel was at his mothers house in waterloo. 4 days before lyric and another cousin<modsnip>were gone longer than they should have been so police were called then but the girls showed up.

That's not good! It sounds like they were meeting up with someone.
Did they have at least 1 cell phone with them?
I know one was left behind.

There is only one really. There is a wooden "dock" of sorts that is like a wooden sidewalk to the lake. Know what I mean? I'm nofisherman so I suck at this description and then the dock you have seen in several photos. They are very nar each other.

That is correct. My opinion of it is that they have nothing else for leads so not only are they being 100% sure but they are buying time to figure out where to go from here.

600 collins ave. off of Evans road.

Not to mention that much of evansdales side streets do not have sidewalks or curbs. They would have to ride on the road in many areas.

I believe it floats. It does appear to have little legs but it's out far enough in the water that the legs alone wouldn't be long enough to hold it up. As the water recedes, the dock is sinking. The dock was not removed the last time the lake was drained so it's not being removed to protect the dock.

Some area of the trail are asphalt and some are concrete. Most of it being concrete.

I cannot imagine those flip flops are related to the search. Maybe the family put them there as something of significance to them. That park was searched by hundreds of people, they couldn't use been missed. Not to mention it was said that lyric was the child with larger feet but Elizabeth was the child wearing flip flops.

The island has been very thoroughly scoured by LE.

I'm not LE but I'll do my best.
It is possible to swim and not been seen. It's not likely because if there was een one person at the lake, they would had likely seen the,.
It's possible they were snatched and not seen. If someone had parked on arbutus and lurked in the wooded area where the bikes were found, they would be able to watch all the way to the end of arbutus trail and all the way to the end of the west side of the lake. If they didn't see anyone coming from either direction, they could have done it.
My guess is people were scattered around. People fish near the dock, play at the playground nearby, walk and ride bikes around the trail. I've never been out there without seeing at leas a few other people ride and walk by. I do typically walk ior bike in the early evening though.

That is the only secluded stretch. Everything else is very open and visible.

One thanks wasn't enough!!!! Thank you thank you thank you.... I have such a clearer picture of what the area is like.

misty was working at gas station. Daniel was at his mothers house in waterloo. 4 days before lyric and another cousin(kaylee)were gone longer than they should have been so police were called then but the girls showed up.

TY...where did this info come from ? TIA

misty was working at gas station. Daniel was at his mothers house in waterloo. 4 days before lyric and another cousin(kaylee)were gone longer than they should have been so police were called then but the girls showed up.

Sounds to me like somebody was "grooming" these two girls ... just my opinion and all that.

From what I've read...they did have a cell phone but it was not in service. It was used for games and stuff.

police not telling parents of any developments. Parents are just mainly hanging around the lake.......

Noted. Didn't realize it was so close to the lake. Thought he was closer to gma's house.

I believe he said they turn around at the end of Lake, to me that would mean down by Evans very near the lake. It's really not far on a bike but apparently the family didn't know they even went that far.

and now family is stating that the girls would not go swimming in this pond/lake

Nothing was said about a cell phone. Not positive but seems like lyric and cousin went to some park or something. Anyway she was where she wasnt supposed to be and gone way too long. Might be a pattern......

Originally Posted by Wishbone
misty was working at gas station. Daniel was at his mothers house in waterloo. 4 days before lyric and another cousin<modsnip>were gone longer than they should have been so police were called then but the girls showed up

If that was the case then that cousin <modsnip> would know more and can be asked to help the investigators.

Another thing to wonder: Wouldn't they have firmer rules after this incident about where to go and where to hang out?

From what I've read...they did have a cell phone but it was not in service. It was used for games and stuff.

It probably could still be used for 911 though. Google search showed tons of pages with info about it but this one was pretty clear and concise:

http://firstaid.about.com/od/callingforhelp/bb/cell911.htm

"Any Phone Will Do
Wireless carriers are required to complete 911 calls, even when the phone is not activated. Any phone that turns on and can receive a signal is capable of making a 911 call.

The problem is: if the phone you're using isn't activated, there isn't a phone number assigned to it. That means if you're disconnected from the dispatch center, you must call 911 back. They will not have a way to call you."

Now whether the girls would've known that about the phone is a whole separate question, but at least it was a possibility.

gathered pop cans and cigarette butts in the area as well where the bikes were found

from reporter le picked up flip flops today.....not known who they belong to....

If that was the case then that cousin (Kaylee) would know more and can be asked to help the investigators.

Another thing to wonder: Wouldn't they have firmer rules after this incident about where to go and where to hang out?

You would think that after the first episode they would have had their bike riding closely monitored for awhile. Interesting that this is the first we have heard anything about this previous problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann