LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken Fried, someone posted that you said that you found where a homeless person had been living/camping at Whiskey Bay. I must have missed that. Did you post that info?

Here ya go:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8212199&postcount=850"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40[/ame]

Several of his victims remain missing, so there is really no way to know if they too, weren't put in WB and did get taken by the current, or worse.

True.

It's hard to get a body out into the current, but that doesn't rule out the other.

Thanks for the tip. I did that but didn't figure out until now that after I click on my name I have to click the "Statistics" tab.

Got it.

Long hot day - off to get some dinner.

Ok, I'm trying to think of all of this logically. I think a lot of where he hid her, has to do with when she may have caused him those injuries. If he hit her with the truck and she was knocked down but not knocked out, what would he do next? Depends maybe on how hurt she was from the impact. So the question than would be, how does he get her and the bike in the truck? If she is not too injured why wouldn't she run as he puts the bike in the truck. I don't believe he could coax her into his truck by telling her he would take her to the hospital, (bs), if she was hurt she would know to call 911 and report it as an accident, not trust some stranger to get in his truck. So to me she was either unconscious (which i don't really believe), and he carried her into his truck, or, more likely to me he had a weapon and told her to get in the truck. Or, if she had a broken leg (something like that), she couldn't do much if he just picked her up and threw her in the truck. But, he would have to be far enough away from civilization so that if she screams it wouldn't be heard. Did anyone report hearing screams that night? Ok, so when might she injure him? Maybe when he threw her in the front seat of the truck and than put the bike in the bed. Could have given her time to get something to stab him with. That depends i guess on whether she still had her back pack on her, or something was in the truck to use. She could have attacked him as soon as he got back in the truck. Note: these are all hypotheses. If that were the case and she maced him and started stabbing him when he got in, than he would most likely, have (hate to say this) killed her right then. That being the case I don't see him wasting time keeping her with him, but taking time to dispose of the bike. Unless, he would than put her in that trunk that seems to be in the bed of these pickups. But, the bike would still be visible so he disposed of that and took her home with him. (That's a possibility I guess). But, he would be all bloodied so I'm not sure. My guess is he disposed of her ASAP. Or, of course he did bring her home and she is nearby there. So all this being said, I think I am going in circles. Or maybe not.

I think it is possible he hit her, knocked her off of her bike and scooped her and bike up before she could judge how injured she was. He may have thought she was stunned or unconscious, at least temporarily, and she may have been able start a struggle while he was driving; either he or she had a sharp object and could have wounded one another that way. I too believe he would not have kept her with him for long, if this is what took place. I think by the time he got home, he had disposed of everything related to Mickey, but may have had her blood on his clothing. Maybe this was found during the search, maybe he also kept an ID or an item or two.

Thanks for the tip. I did that but didn't figure out until now that after I click on my name I have to click the "Statistics" tab.

Got it.

Long hot day - off to get some dinner.

CF, just click on your name in any post and a drop down menu will open. Click on "find all posts by ChickenFried". You don't have to go to your user profile.

FYI-

http://crime.about.com/od/serial/a/psychopaths.htm

Conventional Treatment Empowers the Psychopath
There are different degrees of psychopathic behavior and different types including the sexual psychopath and the work psychopath. Most studies indicate that there are no conventional methods available which cures psychopathic behavior. On the contrary, when conventional methods have been used, the psychopath becomes empowered, and reacts by improving their cunning, manipulative methods and their ability to conceal their true personality, even from trained eyes.

Since the psychopath has no real emotions, they develop their own personality throughout their life by mimicking those around them. Their inability to control inappropriate outburst of anger and hostility often results in loss of jobs, disassociation with friends and family and divorce. This in itself is filtered by the psychopath into a justification process for more aggressive behavior.

Because of their inability to gauge when their actions are being perceived as dishonest, deceitful or dangerous, they also fail to accept that there are consequences for their actions. They always maintain a belief that they can outwit those who pursue them and that they will never be caught. Once caught, they believe they will find a way back out.

encarceration in lafayette parish, LA, is hell...

http://www.katc.com/news/lafayette-inmates-facebooking-in-prison-investigation-underway/

First they're booked into jail then they're caught Facebooking while serving time. Two Lafayette Parish inmates under investigation after they started posting pictures of themselves behind bars. Even talking about when guards come in and what they're doing to pass the time.
The inmates joined Facebook at the beginning of the month. Sharing each detail of their lives in prison, one even posting a picture of himself in his cell. Captain Kip Judice with the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office said they were completely unaware this was happening until KATC notified them based on a viewer tip.
"We want to stay on top of it, it's something we always want to be aware of, and unfortunately sometimes things will get past you," said Judice.

FYI-

http://crime.about.com/od/serial/a/psychopaths.htm

Conventional Treatment Empowers the Psychopath
There are different degrees of psychopathic behavior and different types including the sexual psychopath and the work psychopath. Most studies indicate that there are no conventional methods available which cures psychopathic behavior. On the contrary, when conventional methods have been used, the psychopath becomes empowered, and reacts by improving their cunning, manipulative methods and their ability to conceal their true personality, even from trained eyes.
Since the psychopath has no real emotions, they develop their own personality throughout their life by mimicking those around them. Their inability to control inappropriate outburst of anger and hostility often results in loss of jobs, disassociation with friends and family and divorce. This in itself is filtered by the psychopath into a justification process for more aggressive behavior.

Because of their inability to gauge when their actions are being perceived as dishonest, deceitful or dangerous, they also fail to accept that there are consequences for their actions. They always maintain a belief that they can outwit those who pursue them and that they will never be caught. Once caught, they believe they will find a way back out.

Very interesting...thanks.

What is route 347? That comes up as a highlighted route from Lafayette to meet up with I-10 to get to Whiskey Bay? Is that a rural route with lots of potential hiding places?

That doesn't quite characterize what I saw at Whiskey Bay, 100 feet from the bridge pillar, on the edge of the woods. It did not look to me like a place that alligators would get to easily... high off the water and on the edge of the woods. Was not swampy. I saw what looked like a tattered bed roll laid out with a few pieces of clothing next to it. It was laid out flat enough that I doubt it was just dumped there. You are right that there could be many reasons for it. Looked to me that at least at one point someone may have been lying down there.

ETA: We have an incredible number of illegal aliens moving along I-10. The spot I found was actually a perfect layup for someone in transit, waiting to be picked up, while lying low off the grid.

'Chicken Fried, did you report this to the tip line'? Could be very significant..

Ok, I'm trying to think of all of this logically. I think a lot of where he hid her, has to do with when she may have caused him those injuries. If he hit her with the truck and she was knocked down but not knocked out, what would he do next? Depends maybe on how hurt she was from the impact. So the question than would be, how does he get her and the bike in the truck? If she is not too injured why wouldn't she run as he puts the bike in the truck. I don't believe he could coax her into his truck by telling her he would take her to the hospital, (bs), if she was hurt she would know to call 911 and report it as an accident, not trust some stranger to get in his truck. So to me she was either unconscious (which i don't really believe), and he carried her into his truck, or, more likely to me he had a weapon and told her to get in the truck. Or, if she had a broken leg (something like that), she couldn't do much if he just picked her up and threw her in the truck. But, he would have to be far enough away from civilization so that if she screams it wouldn't be heard. Did anyone report hearing screams that night? Ok, so when might she injure him? Maybe when he threw her in the front seat of the truck and than put the bike in the bed. Could have given her time to get something to stab him with. That depends i guess on whether she still had her back pack on her, or something was in the truck to use. She could have attacked him as soon as he got back in the truck. Note: these are all hypotheses. If that were the case and she maced him and started stabbing him when he got in, than he would most likely, have (hate to say this) killed her right then. That being the case I don't see him wasting time keeping her with him, but taking time to dispose of the bike. Unless, he would than put her in that trunk that seems to be in the bed of these pickups. But, the bike would still be visible so he disposed of that and took her home with him. (That's a possibility I guess). But, he would be all bloodied so I'm not sure. My guess is he disposed of her ASAP. Or, of course he did bring her home and she is nearby there. So all this being said, I think I am going in circles. Or maybe not.

I think along these lines too-
If Mickey had never ever seen him before in her life and was not knocked out or seriously injured, and had her wits about her.. I don't care if he did have a weapon, and threatened her with it to get in the truck. I see her fighting where she stood or making a huge fuss until somebody heard her. Unless, she kind of knew him in some way. So, I honestly don't think she was able to fight back.

There were very early reports of screams by the Toyota dealership way down on Johnston, past South City Parkway. They were dismissed as being unrelated and out of her way or when it was investigated, nothing was found there. I will try to find the link to it. I think it could have been related as I won't discount anything in this case related to somebody who drove in a huge thousands of miles circle to seek medical attention and dispose of evidence. So, he could have assaulted her there, disposed of her in the Vermillion or WB with the bike.

Question for Chicken Fried:
What was to stop him from walking out as far as he could and easier with a more weightless victim shoving her further into the current instead of using the cement ledge under the bridge? I don't think he was concerned about getting wet/dirty at this point, maybe thinking the river would even clean some of the evidence off as muddy as it might be?

After reading night after night, I often find myself thinking of her cell phone. It seems like BSL would attempt to get rid of that quickly so they couldnt track movements. I wonder if the sewage / street water drains were checked if there are any in that area for possible quick dumping of evidence. Just a thought.

After reading night after night, I often find myself thinking of her cell phone. It seems like BSL would attempt to get rid of that quickly so they couldnt track movements. I wonder if the sewage / street water drains were checked if there are any in that area for possible quick dumping of evidence. Just a thought.

Supposedly it was not a Smartphone, and it was turned off the night of her disappearance. Was the phone possibly something recovered from BSL's house as evidence?

Regarding dumping Mickey at WB, for some reason, I think this could be possible. My reasoning is because they searched the area for a very long time the day that they discovered the bike there. They stopped searching on 5/28 and returned on 5/31 with divers very late at night, I think they thought she was dumped there also.

JMO:
If TES is still here, I think that maybe they have connected other missing persons to BSL. It seems like by now, they would be running out of "tipped" locations to look for her. I am from Lafayette and KNOW that there are PLENTY of search areas, but it's impossible to search EVERY field around Acadiana.

Police Chief Jim Craft said they searched WB a second time because an image captured by sonar was interpreted by several of them as resembling a body. It turned out to be a log/tree lying in the water.

Yes they were!

So I visited BSL's Duson property where he owns two pieces of property, as well as his home. Let me just say, his home is REALLY hard to find. It is not located in Church Point, though he has a Church Point address. It is down a creepy gravel road, that is off another road and it won't be found through any GPS. The neighbor next door, is actually quite a bit away from his home.

For his Duson property, i do not know WHICH pieces of land are his. But that land he has in Duson is only land, nothing more. There is no house. So in the pictures below, anything where you see a trailer in the first few pictures are NOT his. Look at the land only in those pictures. I am ASSUMING 2 pieces of land I saw might belong to him, because the other pieces of land were either for sale, or had a trailer sitting on them. The land I assume to be his, is probably the overgrown land, but i could be completely wrong.

I took these pictures to let other people get a view. The pictures of his home are a bit blurry, sorry about that.

The property right here on the right is for SALE. This is in Duson. My guess is that the property across the street, to the left that has overgrown might possibly be his land. But once again, i'm not sure. Just know that this blank piece of land was for sale.
4htd.jpg

A better view of the overgrown land. He has only land on this property, no trailer or anything like that, so ignore any trailers. Those are not his.
23u1tz5.jpg

A street view of Constantine road. A gravel road, not much down there, but you can see some property has no trailer on it. These are what may belong to him.
ziuog7.jpg

29iz54.jpg

15fsjlj.jpg

Now this is BSL's home, in a completely different location than the previous pictures. As you can see, there are some abandoned vehicles in his back yard.
27xm6hi.jpg

2aien38.jpg

The barn located a ways behind his home.
eff28n.jpg

You can see another car in the back. Not sure exactly how many vehicles are there.
35kim2f.jpg

23u4pib.jpg

So I visited BSL's Duson property where he owns two pieces of property, as well as his home. Let me just say, his home is REALLY hard to find. It is not located in Church Point, though he has a Church Point address. It is down a creepy gravel road, that is off another road and it won't be found through any GPS. The neighbor next door, is actually quite a bit away from his home.

For his Duson property, i do not know WHICH pieces of land are his. But that land he has in Duson is only land, nothing more. There is no house. So in the pictures below, anything where you see a trailer in the first few pictures are NOT his. Look at the land only in those pictures. I am ASSUMING 2 pieces of land I saw might belong to him, because the other pieces of land were either for sale, or had a trailer sitting on them. The land I assume to be his, is probably the overgrown land, but i could be completely wrong.

I took these pictures to let other people get a view. The pictures of his home are a bit blurry, sorry about that.

The property right here on the right is for SALE. This is in Duson. My guess is that the property across the street, to the left that has overgrown might possibly be his land. But once again, i'm not sure. Just know that this blank piece of land was for sale.
4htd.jpg

A better view of the overgrown land. He has only land on this property, no trailer or anything like that, so ignore any trailers. Those are not his.
23u1tz5.jpg

A street view of Constantine road. A gravel road, not much down there, but you can see some property has no trailer on it. These are what may belong to him.
ziuog7.jpg

29iz54.jpg

15fsjlj.jpg

Now this is BSL's home, in a completely different location than the previous pictures. As you can see, there are some abandoned vehicles in his back yard.
27xm6hi.jpg

2aien38.jpg

The barn located a ways behind his home.
eff28n.jpg

You can see another car in the back. Not sure exactly how many vehicles are there.
35kim2f.jpg

23u4pib.jpg

Thank you for those photos, they give me a very creepy feeling, I had not really seen any that showed his environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get