Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. When I read that there was clothing and jewelry recovered that solidified my belief that he likely killed her within a very short time of being abducted.

However, I think the poison ivy was intentionally rubbed on his arms and hands to explain all of the scratches that the woman at the car dealership reported seeing. It would be a very natural way to explain what would appear to be fingernail scratches.

As much as I would like to believe that Mickey inflicted those stab wounds, I just cannot convince myself of it. I think he incapacitated her very quickly. I think her suffering was terrible but short lived. Many that knew him have said that he had matial arts training (could be rumor) early on, plus the military training and the fact that he has done this before. One of the first things learned in military training is how to subdue another person.

There are plenty of cases out there where the murderer nearly cut off fingers due to the brutality of his actions.

It will be difficult for me to think anything other than that he abducted, assaulted and murdered her in very quick succession and everything afterwards was just an attempt to disassociate himself with his actions and explain away any connections to himself.
You make a good point about him rubbing the poison ivy on himself to camouflage the scratches. I hadn't thought of that!

Only if there are dental records on file. If there are no know records, then they have to use any method available.

Why not DNA? I am sure they DNA available from Mickey's personal belongings. And why wouldn't she have dental records?
This facial comparison seems so gruesome...I can't imagine there is not another way.

526974_450168541690499_2110126037_n.jpg

Brandon Scott Lavergne was checked out of the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center yesterday morning, hours before police found remains believed to be those of Mickey Shunick:
http://bit.ly/Mv41TM

His signature sure tells a conflicting story. Backward slant on the first name and forward slant on the last name.

*I realize this is the officers writing. Just an interesting way of writing.

According to Lafayette Parish Correctional Center records, Brandon Scott Lavergne was checked out of jail at 6:40 a.m. Tuesday, hours before police said they found human remains believed to be those of Mickey Shunick.

“The Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office is acting as support agency to the Lafayette PD who is the lead in the case,” said LPSO spokesman Capt. Kip Judice. “We will not comment on why a prisoner was moved.”

Lafayette Police spokesman Cpl. Paul Mouton would not comment.

Mouton said there is no new information this morning regarding the identity of the body recovered Tuesday. Investigators are finished recovering evidence at the scene, he said.
bilde

What does it mean when a person uses all capital letters to write their name?

JMO but I don't think that's BSL's hand writing. It looks a lot like the lines below to me.

The guy gave himself up for both Lisa and Mickey

http://www.theind.com/extras/Lavergne-Disclosure.pdf
page 2 says he gave a voluntary statement to officer lightfoot
page 6 shows who he talked to about Mickey (anyone know who the initials would be for?)
(I don't know why I was unable to copy and paste the documents)

It had always been known that BSL gave a statement to an officer after his arrest. I do not think that statement is the confession. BSL has dealt with LE many times in his life. I'm sure he did give a statement voluntarily because he has done so in the past (re: Lisa Pate) and wasn't indicted in her murder (at the time). These documents were filed Thursday, August 2nd. They were published online on Friday, Aug 3. I do not believe that he confessed prior to Monday at the earliest. No way they had a confession when the documents were filed but didn't recover her remains until yesterday. Knowing the hell the Shunick family was enduring, I can't believe LE would let Mickey stay out there lost for a minute more than necessary.
All MOO.

There is another case in the U.S. where the body of a girl was found in a cemetary. I believe she had been riding her bike prior to being murdered.

Can someone help me find that case? I don't think a suspect has been identified.

Got it. It was in Michigan. Jodi Parrack.

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-81.html

If you mean Jodi Parrack, she was killed in 2007, when BL was in prison. This was in Michigan, I believe, or Ohio.

The guy gave himself up for both Lisa and Mickey

http://www.theind.com/extras/Lavergne-Disclosure.pdf
page 2 says he gave a voluntary statement to officer lightfoot
page 6 shows who he talked to about Mickey (anyone know who the initials would be for?)
(I don't know why I was unable to copy and paste the documents)
I don't believe we should be posting here whose initials those are. If in doubt, please ask a mod first.

Was the body found Mickey's? I heard it on TV news...

Sorry that I can't read this whole long thread... :blush:

Was the body found Mickey's? I heard it on TV news...

Sorry that I can't read this whole long thread... :blush:

Basically yes, but not confirmed by the coroner yet. It appears that BSL confessed and lead them to the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo