Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
While BSL was talking, they may have asked him about his wounds. Looks like he confessed to the body location so this info could be legit. They know how deep his stabs were - maybe she came close to piercing a major artery, possibly on his neck. I am glad BLS's injuries came from Mickey. I salute Mickey Shunick, her strength and courage.

I just have doubts as to how much info about this alleged confession is known already and how much he would admit to, about being injured by Mickey if he was.

John Gardner admitted to killing two girls, but denied that another girl he assaulted had gotten in a punch.

If Mickey was in the back seat, why didn't she just jump out of the truck? Why engage a large man in hand to hand combat?

From their FB page, located here: https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10?ref=stream

"KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station
According to the Lafayette Parish Coroner's office, the body found Tuesday in Evangeline parish, believed to be Mickey Shunick, has been sent to a face identification expert at Louisiana State University. Mary Manhein at the LSU FACES Laboratory will be handling the investigation of the body. It will be 24-48 hours before they will be able to identify the remains."

If Mickey was in the back seat, why didn't she just jump out of the truck? Why engage a large man in hand to hand combat?

I'm sure he had child locks in the back like most newer vehicles have.

Has it been verified that this cemetery is:
Beaver Creek
Pinseclair
Or de la Fosse??

He probably tied her up before putting her in his truck!

How could anyone know what happened inside his truck, unless you are talking about a confession by BL? Is that what you are referring to?

I wondered that myself. I've heard from several sources that a boxcutter was used on BSL. Is that from BSL or did they find a boxcutter in their search?

If Mickey's clothes and jewelry were found with her, especially if they were still on her body, I doubt very much he was moving her all over the place or ever even took her to his house. I can't see him bringing all of her things along, and especially putting clothes on her, if he had assaulted her. He could have dumped those items anywhere. I think he buried her before he went to the hospital, thus his "poison ivy" or whatever, and possibly added scratches and cuts.

I agree. When I read that there was clothing and jewelry recovered that solidified my belief that he likely killed her within a very short time of being abducted.

However, I think the poison ivy was intentionally rubbed on his arms and hands to explain all of the scratches that the woman at the car dealership reported seeing. It would be a very natural way to explain what would appear to be fingernail scratches.

As much as I would like to believe that Mickey inflicted those stab wounds, I just cannot convince myself of it. I think he incapacitated her very quickly. I think her suffering was terrible but short lived. Many that knew him have said that he had matial arts training (could be rumor) early on, plus the military training and the fact that he has done this before. One of the first things learned in military training is how to subdue another person.

There are plenty of cases out there where the murderer nearly cut off fingers due to the brutality of his actions.

It will be difficult for me to think anything other than that he abducted, assaulted and murdered her in very quick succession and everything afterwards was just an attempt to disassociate himself with his actions and explain away any connections to himself.

Several days ago, we were talking about cases where a perp. would emerge from a forested area, after having parked his vehicle on the side of the road, to find that police were checking out what was going on. I said oftentimes perps. will claim that they had to take a "bathroom break" when it was actually that they were in the vicinity to hide a body.

Anyway, the one central case that reminded me of that scenario, was the case of missing:

Carlie Brucia

I was going to go into more detail, but refrained at the time. Carlie's body was placed by the perp. behind a church.

I am praying for a press conference shortly that announces BSL did in fact confess. I want Lisa and Mickey's family spared the agony of a trial. Since I cannot imagine being a murderer in the way that BSL is accused, it's hard for me to comprehend a deal with the state. I would think if it were me, I personally would want to be sentenced to death versus a lifetime in prison. When I think of it, death would be welcome over complete loss of my freedom. Though I know lots of murderers do often plead for their own lives and take these types of deals. It's all so maddening. I just cannot understand the pure evil needed to just take someone's life because YOU CAN. He had NO RIGHT. I'm so angry.

I wondered that myself. I've heard from several sources that a boxcutter was used on BSL. Is that from BSL or did they find a boxcutter in their search?

He did go to hospital with a severe almost severed finger.

I wouldn't be shocked if he stabbed himself later, to support his mugging story. It is not impossible to reach around and give yourself a stab or two in the back, especially if you are not trying to do any real damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry