Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be two very opposing views among posters here as it pertains to how active a perp BSL was, and how many potential victims of his may not yet be known. There are those that think he may have been a very prolific killer and may have numerous victims. Then there are those that feel, with all of the mistakes he made while trying to cover Mickey's murder, and the fact that he was a suspect in Lisa's murder early on, that he could not have possibly been a murdering machine and avoided being caught for so long. I honestly have been on both sides of this fence at various times, and still dont know exactly where I sit even now. I do think that he may have more victims, though I am not sure I believe there are as huge a number as some seem to believe. I WOULD love to know how many different women's items were found in his home by LE, what they were, and whether any of those items belonged to any other women that are missing or dead. I have always felt that investigators found some very damning evidence in his home, and the fact that those records are sealed, at least for now, seems to maybe support that thought. At this point, I think it is highly unlikely that there were no victims, or at the very least, no attempted victims, between the time of Lisa's murder and the time of Mickey's. I understand LE's need to keep some things to themselves for now, but I really hope that in time, we will have many of the answers to questions we still have, and I hope that IF there are other victims of BSL, that LE is able to pin him to them and perhaps bring some closure to those families as well...JMO

It's very interesting to read everyone's opinions on the matter. I tend to agree with you, there might be a few more victims but not a big number.
I think he might have been more active as a rapist an probably molested several women in between killing. Sadly those crimes often don't get reported.
I wonder if he was mainly a violent rapist who killed when totally lost control and had the victims recognize him. This is just my opinion of course, I'm not an expert of such behaviours.

It's very interesting to read everyone's opinions on the matter. I tend to agree with you, there might be a few more victims but not a big number.
I think he might have been more active as a rapist an probably molested several women in between killing. Sadly those crimes often don't get reported.
I wonder if he was mainly a violent rapist who killed when totally lost control and had the victims recognize him. This is just my opinion of course, I'm not an expert of such behaviours.

I posted this link on the BSL victem's thread. The police sketch of the rapist looks like BSL.

http://montgomerytx.countymonitor.c...lease-juvenile-sexual-assault-suspect-sought/

diamond12, yes it is very interesting to hear the many theories & opinions of the total number of BSL victims.

Imo, due to the lack of info released of the Mickey Shunick investigation; complete autopsy report, number of IDs, clothing, and other souvenirs/tokens, etc. It would be difficult to predict BSL's escalation or the victim magnitude.
Fortunately BSL was incarcerated much of his adult life and active years, or his victim total may have been much higher.

We do know that BSL murdered Lisa Pate in 1999, and once the threshold has been crossed, there is no use in letting a victim live to testify against you..

I posted this link on the BSL victem's thread. The police sketch of the rapist looks like BSL.

http://montgomerytx.countymonitor.c...lease-juvenile-sexual-assault-suspect-sought/

Thank you for the link I'll check out the thread as well. The sketch sure looks like him, plus this one had a gun as well...

diamond12, yes it is very interesting to hear the many theories & opinions of the total number of BSL victims.

Imo, due to the lack of info released of the Mickey Shunick investigation; complete autopsy report, number of IDs, clothing, and other souvenirs/tokens, etc. It would be difficult to predict BSL's escalation or the victim magnitude.
Fortunately BSL was incarcerated much of his adult life and active years, or his victim total may have been much higher.

We do know that BSL murdered Lisa Pate in 1999, and once the threshold has been crossed, there is no use in letting a victim live to testify against you..

Yes you are right, at the moment is very difficult to try and understand what he did in the past, besides what we already know.
Thank God his first (known) victim was brave enough to report what happened, thanks to her women of the area were safe for some time.

Oh and BSL had Facebook accounts of his own. Why use someone elses?
But then again, if someone gets a random request from a Brandon Lavergne, and they find out he's a registered sex offender, he would get deleted, and in trouble since sex offenders can't have facebooks. However, posing as a nice young man with an offshore job making reasonable money might lure some people into starting conversations with him.

I had done some "sleuthing" (or in my case, just being plain nosey) right after his adopted mom made a statement. There was a Brandon Laverne on her FB friends list... That's Laverne... Without the "g".

Did you read the comment? Interesting....

Yes, I did, Houston Mom, and would not be at all surprised if it is true.. These turf wars go on between LEAs quite frequently from my experience. The victims and their families are the unfortunate recipients of this lack of communication/jurisdictional linkage/blindness, imo..

I had done some "sleuthing" (or in my case, just being plain nosey) right after his adopted mom made a statement. There was a Brandon Laverne on her FB friends list... That's Laverne... Without the "g".

Yeah, that was him from what I know.
I'm guessing LE shut down the account.

OMTS ~
So Very True ! If someone like BSL had any personal item of mine, I would be pursuing LE legally to spill the beans. If info cannot be obtained legally, then how does one protect themselves and avoid such very disturbed people / murderers ??
Doen't seem to be a level playing field, non ?
It's one thing to gain on-line personal info, AND, an entirely different thing to be in possession of a personal item/s, such as ID's, DL's, etc. How would he gain possession of such items ?? This crime / theft, should demand answers.

Yeah but oddly enough, if one asks LE what bsl had of theirs, they just refuse to tell you.
You'd think after his confession and finding Mickey, they'd contact the women they had already met with, and finally tell them what he had. But no.

It's just asking for closure, yet being refused it.

OMTS ~
Are you in the CP / Laffy / South LA. area ?? If so, that seems scary to me !

About ten minutes from lafayette actually!

Oh and for the record between the debate on if there's a high or low body count, I'm still going to go with high. Very high. Until of course I'm given a reason to believe otherwise.
Most that think his victim count is low won't believe otherwise until they are given a reason to believe he had more victims. I guess I'm opposite haha

Yeah but oddly enough, if one asks LE what bsl had of theirs, they just refuse to tell you.
You'd think after his confession and finding Mickey, they'd contact the women they had already met with, and finally tell them what he had. But no.

Seems like le should tell the women what he had of theirs and tell them of any theories as to how he got them. The items belong to these women and IMO they Have a right to know. Also, knowing what he had might help them protect themselves from future losses of personal items.

About ten minutes from lafayette actually!

Oh and for the record between the debate on if there's a high or low body count, I'm still going to go with high. Very high. Until of course I'm given a reason to believe otherwise.
Most that think his victim count is low won't believe otherwise until they are given a reason to believe he had more victims. I guess I'm opposite haha

I believe that the victim count will be at least three more young women. I am not sure how many more, but at LEAST three more. I am basing this completely on CajunNet.

What? What I missed? Do we know, as fact, LE has refused someone, specifically, knowledge of personal belongings in BSL's possession? If this follows a personal venue...then I get the frustration.

There seems to be two very opposing views among posters here as it pertains to how active a perp BSL was, and how many potential victims of his may not yet be known. There are those that think he may have been a very prolific killer and may have numerous victims. Then there are those that feel, with all of the mistakes he made while trying to cover Mickey's murder, and the fact that he was a suspect in Lisa's murder early on, that he could not have possibly been a murdering machine and avoided being caught for so long. I honestly have been on both sides of this fence at various times, and still dont know exactly where I sit even now. I do think that he may have more victims, though I am not sure I believe there are as huge a number as some seem to believe. I WOULD love to know how many different women's items were found in his home by LE, what they were, and whether any of those items belonged to any other women that are missing or dead. I have always felt that investigators found some very damning evidence in his home, and the fact that those records are sealed, at least for now, seems to maybe support that thought. At this point, I think it is highly unlikely that there were no victims, or at the very least, no attempted victims, between the time of Lisa's murder and the time of Mickey's. I understand LE's need to keep some things to themselves for now, but I really hope that in time, we will have many of the answers to questions we still have, and I hope that IF there are other victims of BSL, that LE is able to pin him to them and perhaps bring some closure to those families as well...JMO

Why are the files sealed? is this common after a confession?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Why are the files sealed? is this common after a confession?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I dont have the link handy, but if I am not mistaken, the gist of it was that the files are sealed because they contain evidence or info that is or may be part of ongoing investigations....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member