GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/vict...-accuseds-safety/story-e6frf7kx-1226484920926

In this article they talk about how the accused will be given greater protection in prison. Can anyone give any insight into where he is currently, what his day would entail and how it might change with this increased security. Would inmates have an opportunity to attack now or even with increased security?

Just want to understand what the reality is.

from this morning's Telegraph
ACCUSED rapist and killer Adrian Ernest Bayley will receive the state's highest level of protection in jail amid fears he will be attacked by other inmates.

The Herald Sun can reveal Jill Meagher's death has been met with fury, with some prisoners wanting to kill him while others have prayed for her during a church service at the Metropolitan Remand Centre.

Prison officers have been warned not to use social media to vent views about Ms Meagher's death after posts were found on Facebook.

Mr Bayley, who faces danger from other inmates because of the high profile and nature of the case, may be moved as early as today.

"Even the crooks are saying they want to kill him because she was an innocent," a prison source said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-accuseds-safety/story-e6freuy9-1226484920926

Anyone feel sorry for him ? no not me :(

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/vict...-accuseds-safety/story-e6frf7kx-1226484920926

In this article they talk about how the accused will be given greater protection in prison. Can anyone give any insight into where he is currently, what his day would entail and how it might change with this increased security. Would inmates have an opportunity to attack now or even with increased security?

Just want to understand what the reality is.

I believe he is at MRC, I am not familiar with the most protection possible protocols, they are rarely used. I am not sure they will even mention if he goes to Barwon.

The fact he is receiving death threats and other prisoners are praying for Jill speaks volumes of the danger he is in.

Yes, one colleague did. Jill explained that she only lived 5 minutes away and walked it all the time.

Something's wrong with this story - for me, at least. Why would the work colleague offer to walk Jill home when he was planning to get a taxi home? Wouldn't he say "I'm getting a cab, I'll drop you off on the way"? But no, he insists he offered to walk her home twice. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm reading too much into it? Maybe it's just semantics? Or maybe something else?

from this morning's Telegraph
ACCUSED rapist and killer Adrian Ernest Bayley will receive the state's highest level of protection in jail amid fears he will be attacked by other inmates.

The Herald Sun can reveal Jill Meagher's death has been met with fury, with some prisoners wanting to kill him while others have prayed for her during a church service at the Metropolitan Remand Centre.

Prison officers have been warned not to use social media to vent views about Ms Meagher's death after posts were found on Facebook.

Mr Bayley, who faces danger from other inmates because of the high profile and nature of the case, may be moved as early as today.

"Even the crooks are saying they want to kill him because she was an innocent," a prison source said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-accuseds-safety/story-e6freuy9-1226484920926

Anyone feel sorry for him ? no not me :(

While I most certainly don't feel sorry for him, it would disappoint me greatly if he were attacked and killed in jail. The main reason is that I'm sure he holds the answers to many things, and not just about Jill's murder. All those answers, plus information we probably even didn't know we needed, has to be got from him, and this will no doubt take some time.

Lots of "Who? How? Where? When? What else?" type questions.

The other thing of interest is that he was living with a partner of 12 months. One can only wonder what she is now going through, and what she must have had to put up with due to his highly abnormal drives. Unless of course he reserved those for his extracurricular activities...

While I most certainly don't feel sorry for him, it would disappoint me greatly if he were attacked and killed in jail. The main reason is that I'm sure he holds the answers to many things, and not just about Jill's murder. All those answers, plus information we probably even didn't know we needed, has to be got from him, and this will no doubt take some time.

Lots of "Who? How? Where? When? What else?" type questions.

The other thing of interest is that he was living with a partner of 12 months. One can only wonder what she is now going through, and what she must have had to put up with due to his highly abnormal drives. Unless of course he reserved those for his extracurricular activities...

I don't remember seeing that he was living with someone - if so she must be absolutely gutted

Something's wrong with this story - for me, at least. Why would the work colleague offer to walk Jill home when he was planning to get a taxi home? Wouldn't he say "I'm getting a cab, I'll drop you off on the way"? But no, he insists he offered to walk her home twice. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm reading too much into it? Maybe it's just semantics? Or maybe something else?

Seems normal to be honest.

Ive had discussions like that many times, reckon this guy will be flagellating himself for a long time, what a horrible burden to bear.

Mods, please feel free to snip reference to names, addresses of Minister if not allowed on this website. I have just emailed this to him and address/email here if others need it. Link to website is provided if anyone wants to look more in depth at our Victorian Portfolio Ministers. Thank you.

For our overseas friends:
Cabinet
The party which forms Government may elect, or the Premier can appoint, a number of its members to be Ministers. Ministers are then allocated responsibility for specific areas of government administration, known as portfolios. Ministers oversee the administration of their departments and are accountable to Parliament for their departments' actions. In Victoria, all Ministers are also members of Cabinet.

http://www.vic.gov.au/contactsandse...onalUnit&adba8e9a-f877-4492-b9de-40c1551a1537
Role Occupant The Hon. Andrew McIntosh, MP
Phone 03 8684 0900
Fax Number 03 8684 0980
Email Address andrew.mcintosh@parliament.vic.gov.au

Website www.parliament.vic.gov.au...

Portfolio Minister for Corrections
Minister for Crime Prevention
Minister responsible for the establishment of an anti-corruption commission
Other Roles Committee Member
Committee Member
Member for Kew
Minister for Corrections
Minister responsible for the establishment of an anti-corruption commission

Address Level 26
121 Exhibition Street
Melbourne
Victoria, 3000
Parliamentary Party Liberal Party
Electorate Kew

Dear Andrew,
The Government needs to use our Tax Payers Dollars on Crime Prevention.
I personally would not mind spending cuts in the Arts for instance or Environment/Climate Change, how much is spent on our Gaming Portfolio, cuts can be made there as well?
Our Families need to be safe on the streets first! Tax Payers Dollars need to urgently be spent on Crime Prevention, Police Recruitment, Recruitment of Community Support Workers to help PREVENT CRIME.
I’m sure you could put a few lay people down with the government Portfolios and they will work out quickly which ones to put aside and which ones need a huge injection of money. Crime Prevention should come first! Community Safety comes first!
Politicians need to look at some of the Models used overseas as what they are doing re Crime Prevention, the UK for instance and I think some places in the US use Comminity Support Officers, link below. CCTV can deter but we need the presence of MORE uniformed Officers on the street as well. There is an urgency for these things to be done.

<modsnip>
What&#8217;s the use spending Billions of Tax Payer&#8217;s Dollars on Climate change, when we are not safe on our streets? We need an overhaul in our Sentencing Laws, (Life should mean Life), we need Community Safety and we need it now.
More money for Community Safety, CCTV, More Police Presence, Community Support Officers http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJusticeAndTheLaw/ThePolice/DG_181738
Crims cost $90k each at Geelong jails
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2011/02/11/242031_news_pf.html
EVERY prisoner in Geelong&#8217;s jails is costing us almost $90,000 a year, according to Corrections Victoria.
More than $55.2 million was spent to house the 624 prisoners at Marngoneet Correctional Centre and Barwon Prison, near Lara, between June 2009 and June 2010.
The average operating expenditure per prisoner was $242.65 a day, which included security, food and accommodation.
Crime Victims Support Association president Noel McNamara said the cost was outrageous.
&#8220;Why should we pay for them?&#8221; he said.
&#8220;They get the best food, they don&#8217;t go to work, they sit back and watch television.
&#8220;They get it too easy and that is why they keep going back.&#8221;
Mr McNamara said inmates should be forced to pay for the cost of their incarceration.
&#8220;Bring on the chain gangs, they should be working around the floods,&#8221; he said.
&#8220;And if they can&#8217;t pay it, they should pay it back when they get out.&#8221;
Thank you,

I believe he is at MRC, I am not familiar with the most protection possible protocols, they are rarely used. I am not sure they will even mention if he goes to Barwon.

The fact he is receiving death threats and other prisoners are praying for Jill speaks volumes of the danger he is in.

Great thanks for that. Do you have any idea what that prison -MRC- is like? If he doesn't receive that highest protection possible, what would his day consist of? Would he be in isolation or in with general prison population? If I was him I'd be pretty terrified I think, but who knows? He may not care.

Great thanks for that. Do you have any idea what that prison -MRC- is like? If he doesn't receive that highest protection possible, what would his day consist of? Would he be in isolation or in with general prison population? If I was him I'd be pretty terrified I think, but who knows? He may not care.

I bet he cares; most of these guys are cowards when it comes to their own comfort and safety.

There are many entries from men on Jill Meager's Tribute Guest Book in the Herald Sun newspaper. One of them sums it up nicely: "This is on behalf of the real men, we are so sorry..." www,heraldsun.com.au October 1st, 2012 Tributes section.

I don't remember seeing that he was living with someone - if so she must be absolutely gutted

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/police-probe-suspects-house/story-e6frg6nf-1226484952125

The landlady of the house -- who until the events of last week had lived under the same roof as Bayley and his girlfriend -- described the couple as "model tenants".

She said Mr Bayley's partner, who is still living in the rented rooms, was "distraught" following his arrest and appearance in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on one count of rape and one count of murder.

They had been together about a year.

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/resou...etropolitanremandcentrevisitorinformation.pdf... this is the website for the Metropolitan Remand Centre.... all the info about his day, his nights, his 'rights'.. his menu, etc..

He'll be ok.. its all old stuff to Mr. Bayley. No worries.

That march down Sydney Road was impressive.. hopefully. that was a cross section of the jury pool. There has to be some among that crowd who have registered themselves for jury duty, its something we all forget to do, or hesitate to do, or hope someone else does, but we all are it, frankly. I'd lived in my present abode in Sydney for years before I suddenly realised I hadnt registered for jury duty, it just never crossed my mind, until I attended a trial, and realised that it was made up of you and me's, and no one else.

That march down Sydney Road was impressive.. hopefully. that was a cross section of the jury pool. There has to be some among that crowd who have registered themselves for jury duty, its something we all forget to do, or hesitate to do, or hope someone else does, but we all are it, frankly. I'd lived in my present abode in Sydney for years before I suddenly realised I hadnt registered for jury duty, it just never crossed my mind, until I attended a trial, and realised that it was made up of you and me's, and no one else.

I didn't realise that we 'registered' for jury duty I thought it was just luck if you got chosen

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/resou...etropolitanremandcentrevisitorinformation.pdf... this is the website for the Metropolitan Remand Centre.... all the info about his day, his nights, his 'rights'.. his menu, etc..

He'll be ok.. its all old stuff to Mr. Bayley. No worries.

From the link:
Prisoners need to be assisted to make the transition from community to custody in order to reduce the impacts of
anxiety and isolation often associated with imprisonment.

:what: Well, golly, we wouldn't want any alleged murderers and/or rapists to have any undo anxiety during their transition.

Thanks for the link, btw, I'm just being a smart-alec. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member