CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8482845&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15[/ame]

Here's a link to the opening post on each of Jessica's threads. It has links to each of the 14 previous threads. It's so easy to click and read. It looks like this:

thread #1 thread #2 thread #3 thread #4 thread #5 thread #6 thread #7 thread #8 thread #9 thread #10 thread #11 thread #12 thread #13 thread #14

Each one is clickable!!

The vehicles sighted on/around the "attempted abductions" are not what I am referring to.

I meant, one particular vehicle near Jessica's house or school.

The fact that she was apparently taken about 30 seconds after she left her house implies to me at least, that he was waiting for her/a child like her.

If he was waiting for her then his vehicle may have been spotted lurking in the days leading up to the abduction.

Jessica lived in what is described as a "modest neighbourhood", one where I assume people would take note of a strange vehicle, even if they didn't realise what they were looking at at the time. I live in a modest neighbourhood too, and a strange vehicle parked for any length of time is going to be noticed by somebody.

There have been no reports of strange vehicle sightings specifically around Jessica's environs?

That is why I said depends on what you mean by "area"? I haven't heard of or know of any media reports in her immediate neighborhood/street.

What kind of insect activity? We don't have that much insect activity to begin with, at least compared to the midwest or out east, but there are still bugs crawling around out there--spiders at least. I wish the frost would have finished them off.

Yeah, yeah, you Denver-ites with your "what fleas?" thing (I'm a dog owner, so I'm on several dog related email lists and hear of the flea non-problem a lot... particularly in September when flea season is at its peak in Iowa).

It's interesting that you're still seeing spiders. I'm assuming you mean outdoors, since spiders that prefer indoors don't do well outside. Here in Iowa, the outdoor spiders are done until next spring.

Anyway, my thought is that many posts have mentioned possible insect activity but I suddenly went "wait a minute, haven't they had hard frosts in that area that would kill off the sorts of insects that scavenge corpses?"

Why do we think that the time frame was a different time? Because it too so long to find the body or the decomposition when it was found? People seem to think it's a given they weren't dumped at the same time and I'm not sure why.

I don't see that as a given, and I haven't noticed that it is being treated that way. I remember speculation that he dumped the body first, then drove directly north and left the bag. (or vice versa ... but it seems like he'd get rid of the body first in that case) Also speculation that maybe he forgot that he had the backpack at first, so when he remembered he pulled off into Superior to drop it somewhere that no one was watching, and continued on his way out of town....

Or a million other things, lol ...

Do we know if the FBI has a profile on what type of person this is.

They mentioned a genuine threat to the community. Do they think this is someone that has started something and will continue until they get caught or simply someone that is content with getting away with it once. Someone who stalked the victim or someone who saw a show at grabbing someone and did. If it's the guy who tried to get the jogger then his MO may be preplanning.

Would be interested in some type of profile.

Below are just a very few of the plethora of articles as well as direct statements and press releases from the FBI Behavioral Assessment Unit regarding the profile, characteristics, and other descriptions of the perp responsible for Jessica's abduction/murder..

HTH:)

-FBI release BAU recomendations re: Jessica Ridgeway perp
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21751844/fbi-denver-press-release-involving-missing-jessica-ridgeway

-Profilers of criminology piece together a description of the likely suspect.
http://www.boulderweekly.com/article-9977-sketches-of-a-killer.html

-Another piece done on profiling the perp that I found particularly informative is linked below this snipped quote..
Criminologists believe that murderers fall into one of two categories: the organized offender and the disorganized offender. Murderers who are complete strangers to their victims tend to fall into the organized category, as do murderers who take steps to make a victim’s body more difficult to locate or identify through tactics like mutilation or the scattering of body parts to different locations. Serial killers also typically exhibit traits that lead them to be classified as organized.
<snip>

At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.

Defining the perpetrator’s awareness space is critical to solving Jessica’s case, because in the vast majority of child abduction murders, as well as other crimes, researchers have found that the perpetrator lives within his awareness space, commits his crimes close to home and within that awareness space, and disposes of his victims and other evidence at the outer edges of the awareness space, generally along the space’s transportation corridors.

This is because when it comes to operating in our comfort zones, criminals, even sociopaths who murder children, have been found to be just like the rest of us. We tend to operate within the areas that we know best.

In the case of Jessica Ridgeway, we can start to see at least a portion of her killer’s awareness space depicted on the maps, based on where Jessica was abducted, where her backpack was found and where her body was ultimately dumped. The maps are located at http://goo.gl/maps/Tf2tR (large map) and http://goo.gl/maps/fyPyI (inset map).
<snip>
http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

Here's the thing, if you go out late at night to dump the book bag, why not also take the body at that time? It seems silly to take the book bag out at night, wait for it to be called in and then during day time when it's called in take the body and dump it.

I agree....plus, he really did not appear to have tried very hard to dispose of the body. A garbage bag just laying on the side of the road with the dismembered body of a missing little girl IS going to be found. I don't hink this guy wanted to distract. He WANTED his project to be found. :twocents:

I thought that there was one of a suspicious van the morning before. Maybe that has been debunked. jmo

A link would be great.

It is almost certain that this perp has a vehicle.

It is almost certain that this perp has either stalked Jessica or her neighbourhood before.

The fact that she was taken in such a tiny time-frame of less than 10 minutes implies that he was waiting for her to come along, and knew she would be alone for that short distance.

The only way I know to find this sort of information out is to, basically, stalk.

He has been waiting around on her route to school, for the right moment to grab...maybe Jessica, maybe any random child that used that particular route.

He has been lurking there before. Someone must've noticed something.

Likewise, he has a connection to where the backpack was dumped.

Is this somehow in relation to the child murder that occured in that location? Common sense would say it is...another dead child.

This earlier murder means something to this perp. I would hazard a guess to say he was a teenager at the time this first death occurred, or was somehow connected to it in another way.

Maybe he hates the local LE and this is his way of taunting them.

Of course my opinion only based on what we know which is not much.

:cow:

No i'm stating that we are going on the assumption that the the backpack was a diversion. Obviously placed at night. Yet in order for the diversion to be successful he would have to know that the area of the search changed and then wait till dark to dispose of the body. When it's just as reasonable to think that if the person is out dumping the bag at night, they can also then go dump the body that night too.

Jessica's body was found 9 miles from her home. No one was searching there, LE was staged near her home. The area of the search did not change, it only expanded to different areas.

Perhaps I'm not reading your post right?

Local gossip:
I was just at a school event and listened in on two women talking about this case. One of the women said she drove past Jessica's house on Friday (totally tacky, IMO), and that there were still cop cars there (5) and that they were videoing every car that drove past, and taking down plate numbers.
Smart of them. Yet so very sad. She said the house was all decorated for Halloween. :(

Okay, I know I should be above this but I can't help it.

Doing drive-bys past the Ridgeway home is massively tacky and I feel gleeful that now it will be her vehicle caught on videotape and she may be wondering how to explain to the nice officer that she was being a ghoul.

I hope LE is offering Sarah and her family ongoing protection until they feel safe in their own home. I have been really struck by how considerate LE in the area seems to be of Sarah and her family. I feel like she has some good people to help her in this awful time.

I agree....plus, he really did not appear to have tried very hard to dispose of the body. A garbage bag just laying on the side of the road with the dismembered body of a missing little girl IS going to be found. I don't hink this guy wanted to distract. He WANTED his project to be found. :twocents:

Absolutely.

This guy fancies himself as the next Zodiac or BTK.

He will be in contact with LE.

The cross was not left accidentally.

He is having a great old time playing his crazy game.

Freaks like this are often easier to catch because they deep down wish for acknowledgement and fame.

I have to say that I am from NY so a garbage bag laying on the side of the road wouldnt be looked at for a long time. Like maybe months till the town came around to do clean-up.

Okay, I know I should be above this but I can't help it.

Doing drive-bys past the Ridgeway home is massively tacky and I feel gleeful that now it will be her vehicle caught on videotape and she may be wondering how to explain to the nice officer that she was being a ghoul.

I hope LE is offering Sarah and her family ongoing protection until they feel safe in their own home. I have been really struck by how considerate LE in the area seems to be of Sarah and her family. I feel like she has some good people to help her in this awful time.

I suspect LE are waiting for this guy to show himself.

Driving past Jessica's house would be one way he can prolong his "high".

He will possibly attempt to contact her family.

I'm wondering about the person who said they checked 100's of houses. Did the police physically go into the house without a warrant or did they knock on the door and move on if someone wasn't home? I get that they would want statements from everyone but did they physically enter the house and check?

Here is the link to the first thread about Jessica's disappearance.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186952"]Found Deceased CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

After that one it leads to #2, then #3, etc. All the information that we know or have personally watched evolve are in the previous threads.

Here is Amanda's link with photos and articles through the time period.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica Ridgeway -CO-/

I'm sure you will find the answer to your questions in this information.

As far as the body and the book bag being placed sequentially in the same trip I suppose the LE have considered that but if you have a reason to think this that we don't know about I agree with the suggestion that perhaps you should contact LE.

Jessica's body was found 9 miles from her home. No one was searching there, LE was staged near her home. The area of the search did not change, it only expanded to different areas.

Perhaps I'm not reading your post right?

Essentially, I'm asking why not dump the body the same time you dump the bag? And why do we think it was at seperate times?

I suspect LE are waiting for this guy to show himself.

Driving past Jessica's house would be one way he can prolong his "high".

He will possibly attempt to contact her family.

Hmm. I don't have a broad knowledge of different cases like this, only a few high-profile ones. Is this really a thing that happens, outside of movies? (Killer contacting family, I mean. Revisiting crime scene thing, I am familiar with.)

Absolutely.

This guy fancies himself as the next Zodiac or BTK.

He will be in contact with LE.

The cross was not left accidentally.

He is having a great old time playing his crazy game.

Freaks like this are often easier to catch because they deep down wish for acknowledgement and fame.

Something tells me this guy is not going to contact LE. I think he is in hiding. I dont think he is putting himself into this investigation at all. IF and I certainly hope not, but IF another situation like this happens, then I will think that way but not now.

Here is the link to the first thread about Jessica's disappearance.

Found Deceased CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

After that one it leads to #2, then #3, etc. All the information that we know or have personally watched evolve are in the previous threads.

Here is Amanda's link with photos and articles through the time period.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica Ridgeway -CO-/

I'm sure you will find the answer to your questions in this information.

As far as the body and the book bag being placed sequentially in the same trip I suppose the LE have considered that but if you have a reason to think this that we don't know about I agree with the suggestion that perhaps you should contact LE.

I don't I'm just not understanding the assumption of why it was at seperate times.

While we are at it. Could a stranger be considered a neighbor that she didn't know? That way a vehicle wouldn't have been necessary to start with.

It would help the investigation if the woman didn't tell the community that they were videotaping every car that went by. Im sure he wouldn't be on that tape now.

Actually...good thinking. Maybe the mods should delete my post? My mind didn't even go there.

A link would be great.

It is almost certain that this perp has a vehicle.

It is almost certain that this perp has either stalked Jessica or her neighbourhood before.

The fact that she was taken in such a tiny time-frame of less than 10 minutes implies that he was waiting for her to come along, and knew she would be alone for that short distance.

The only way I know to find this sort of information out is to, basically, stalk.

He has been waiting around on her route to school, for the right moment to grab...maybe Jessica, maybe any random child that used that particular route.

He has been lurking there before. Someone must've noticed something.

Likewise, he has a connection to where the backpack was dumped.

Is this somehow in relation to the child murder that occured in that location? Common sense would say it is...another dead child.

This earlier murder means something to this perp. I would hazard a guess to say he was a teenager at the time this first death occurred, or was somehow connected to it in another way.

Maybe he hates the local LE and this is his way of taunting them.

Of course my opinion only based on what we know which is not much.

:cow:
BBM

I don't believe it was Jessica who had been stalked, I think you could be right about it being her neighborhood. I don't remember where I heard it, but I think it was during the memorial, someone had said there aren't many children on that street. It sounds like the rest of them either take the bus or get rides to school from a parent and walk home. If this guy was checking out various streets close to the school, that could be a good reason for choosing this one. He may have chosen that day because it was one of the first really cold days, and most people tend to keep their heads down more to block the wind when they walk. That would make them less observant, and easier to catch off guard.

I'm wondering about the person who said they checked 100's of houses. Did the police physically go into the house without a warrant or did they knock on the door and move on if someone wasn't home? I get that they would want statements from everyone but did they physically enter the house and check?

I was the poster in question and it is in one of the msm articles but I can't figure out which one (I've read all the ones posted in all these threads).

They were consent searches. And yes, they were going into people's houses with permission and checking out the entire house and premises.

Given that this case really seems to indicate a local, I'm sure that if no one answered the first time LE knocked, then LE probably kept checking at intervals until someone did answer.

While refusing to give consent for a search is not required, I think anyone with half a brain could figure out that refusing consent would put them on the radar pretty quick. LE couldn't get a search warrant based solely on refusing to consent to a search but I'm sure that LE would start checking out that person's background, known associates, etc, to see if they could gather reasonable suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal