CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't remember where I saw it, but someone said it was left in the only spot where there were no windows on the wall facing the street.

Zola said it. And he/she had Mr Google Man pictures to illustrate it. It was incredibly helpful.

9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

Police tell @9NEWS they collected something from Pattridge Park today that could be evidence in the #JessicaRidgeway case.

A link would be great.

It is almost certain that this perp has a vehicle.

It is almost certain that this perp has either stalked Jessica or her neighbourhood before.

The fact that she was taken in such a tiny time-frame of less than 10 minutes implies that he was waiting for her to come along, and knew she would be alone for that short distance.

The only way I know to find this sort of information out is to, basically, stalk.

He has been waiting around on her route to school, for the right moment to grab...maybe Jessica, maybe any random child that used that particular route.

He has been lurking there before. Someone must've noticed something.

Likewise, he has a connection to where the backpack was dumped.

Is this somehow in relation to the child murder that occured in that location? Common sense would say it is...another dead child.

This earlier murder means something to this perp. I would hazard a guess to say he was a teenager at the time this first death occurred, or was somehow connected to it in another way.

Maybe he hates the local LE and this is his way of taunting them.

Of course my opinion only based on what we know which is not much.

:cow:

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post. Family dinner. But this is what I found: thread 12, post 361, page 15. Hope this helps.

9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

Police tell @9NEWS they collected something from Pattridge Park today that could be evidence in the #JessicaRidgeway case.

New evidence found in that location has to have been put there after the body was discovered, don't you all think?

Ok catching up here...

Did someone post a connection between Jesse Speer and the DeLeon photographer?

Is that connection a third party comment referring to Speer on DeLeon's site?

If so, that third party needs to be looked at pretty hard.

Back when we were looking to see a possible connection with Speer to Jessica's cases before LE ruled him out completely I looked a bit. I can say at least one photographer who I have been eyeing was friends with Speer, the guy who took those pics and the guy who commented on the pictures. I have only been eyeing him now to see if he would shed any light on Speer as a person but he has said nothing at least public.

Seems like many of the photographers in that area are "friends". Im sure we can find a connection to almost all the photographers in that area if we really wanted to. So I would not put to much weight on the fact that they all may know each other.

New evidence found in that location has to have been put there after the body was discovered, don't you all think?

I don't see how they can say new evidence since they location has been open to the public for quite a while. That is unless it is directly linked to JR. And if it is, I would think like you it was put there since the body was discovered. I wish we knew what it was. jmo

I doubt it, personally.

I imagine they have surveillance on that park.

True, I would think they have surveillance there. Also, I would think they had gone over the entire area in the days after her remains were found. Wonder how they got there??? Hope the news reports on it tonight.

With LE withholding information on which parts were found, perhaps that is for the benefit of everyone. I know we want to know so we can help, but is it common for LE to provide such details? If I was Jessica's mom, I do not know that I would want that information out there.

This is the first case I've watched closely, so I'm not sure if details behind withheld is atypical. I just thought maybe it was for the benefit of her family.

My thoughts from reading posts here and in the media.

1. Media will only release what LE allow in these type of cases.

2. LE allow cross pendant in media hoping someone recognizes it.
The three markers on the cross do not look new. They could represent the holy trinity, which is more plausible. The mark on the back may be an attempt to put their initial, last name or first name. One line runs to the edge which tells me there wasn't much thought or care like the three lines on the front. Hard to tell without seeing it in person.
I think LE just wants to put it out there to see if anyone recognizes it.

3. If the previous abductions are associated, he may have chosen a child since he failed in previous attempt. His impulses would not let him stop. Will keep doing this until he is caught. (I watch a lot of crime shows)

4. Unless this guy had a psychotic break recently, he has been noticed by someone at some point as being creepy, weird, or even in trouble before.
I think he lives in adjacent neighborhood as he knows the open space area well. I am sure they are interviewing the maintenance workers and surrounding businesses. He may even work next to the open space.

Read more today, LE looking at other cases.
2 attempted abductions. 2010 & May 2012.
Jessica Oct 2012.
Another Oct 2012 in the past couple of hours. Good description if associated. Let's hope they catch him soon!

I found this article (also posted a link in Timeline). The winds are fierce, from what this says. I don't know how long they have been that way, but it could have moved something that was evidence.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21819538/investigators-jessica-ridgeway-murder-case-look-beyond-open

"In an abundance of caution, anything searchers came across was documented and collected like evidence, which is part of the reason high winds that re-littered the search sites became so problematic.

By Thursday afternoon, the trash collecting in the corners of windbreak fences throughout Pattridge Park, east of a landfill, was nearly knee high."

I seem to be getting misunderstood.

The fact that LE has come out and said "predator" in NO WAY negates the "non-random" aspect.

All "non-random" implies is that it wasn't spur of the moment, nor any kid will do.

Non random implies that there was a reason that he took and did what he did to Jessica, in particular.

I also believe the aspect of the crime itself, in that she appears to have gone missing in an alleyway or in a "short cut" area (not a drive by snatch) implies also "non random"...he was WAITING for her.

None of this means he's not a predator, nor that he won't strike again.

"Predator" and "non-random" do not mean the same thing.

Predator describes the perp, non-random describes the victim.

Story dated today, October 21, from the Denver Post.

Snipped:

On the afternoon of Oct. 10, maintenance workers were out picking up trash — a routine exercise in a park neighboring a landfill.

Earlier that day, police announced they had ruled out Jessica's parents as suspects and believed an unknown person abducted her.

That would be 2 days of investigation clues after LE stated they had nobody running around and randomly abducting kids. Some evidence clearly changed their perspective, even before Jessica's body was found. IMHO, the killer may not have known Jessica at all, and that is was a crime of opportunity. he may have been waiting for some victim, and took the one he was able to get at that moment in time.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

So, do you think it is something they overlooked? tia

I read an article about open area searches (today, so they may have been talking about this one) and whoever it was said that it is a massive job to be thorough when your crime scene is outside.

The article said that even a bent blade of grass has to be checked in case it hides a footprint or tyre print.

It could be that in processing the scene, they have found just such a clue, just waiting there for someone to look under the right blade of grass.

My thoughts from reading posts here and in the media.

1. Media will only release what LE allow in these type of cases.

2. LE allow cross pendant in media hoping someone recognizes it.
The three markers on the cross do not look new. They could represent the holy trinity, which is more plausible. The mark on the back may be an attempt to put their initial, last name or first name. One line runs to the edge which tells me there wasn't much thought or care like the three lines on the front. Hard to tell without seeing it in person.
I think LE just wants to put it out there to see if anyone recognizes it.

3. If the previous abductions are associated, he may have chosen a child since he failed in previous attempt. His impulses would not let him stop. Will keep doing this until he is caught. (I watch a lot of crime shows)

4. Unless this guy had a psychotic break recently, he has been noticed by someone at some point as being creepy, weird, or even in trouble before.
I think he lives in adjacent neighborhood as he knows the open space area well. I am sure they are interviewing the maintenance workers and surrounding businesses. He may even work next to the open space.

Read more today, LE looking at other cases.
2 attempted abductions. 2010 & May 2012.
Jessica Oct 2012.
Another Oct 2012 in the past couple of hours. Good description if associated. Let's hope they catch him soon!

What where is this being reported? Thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had driven by other mornings with intentions of grabbing her but had a neighbor come out for some reason, another car come by or some other disruption. Just because there were no witnesses (as far as anyone knows) it doesn't mean that he just got lucky. If someone had appeared, I think he would have just kept going and tried again another day. MOO

I think the forensic team may have taken her out of the bag to see what all was in there and what was missing, see if there was a weapon or anything else. They probably also had everything laid out (the torso, the bag and whatever else there was) for photographs, etc.

I may well be wrong here.

I don't think forensics would lay out what was in the garbage bag in the field. That's just asking for all kinds of unnecessary contamination. As soon as investigators could confirm (usually by a quick peek) that the bag contained human remains, the scene would be processed and eventually the bag with the remains still in it sent to the medical examiner.

The reason I say this is because there was a debate several years ago about a different case where an infant was killed and the remains placed in a semi-translucent bag. A photographer got there before the remains had been removed from the scene and happened to be standing at just the right angle in relationship to the person lifting the remains and the sun so that the remains were silhouetted against the bag. Quite clearly (could see the profile of the infant's face).

Readers were horrified and bombarded LE and the ME for insensitivity in handling remains as if they were garbage, etc. The paper then made it clear that the remains had been found in that bag and the technician had lifted them preparatory to putting them on the stretcher. The photographer just managed to catch that moment. The paper then explained that the remains had been placed into a body bag on a stretcher and taken away, just the way any adult's remains would have been treated.

I wish I could remember the case and the paper but a quick google isn't giving me anything.

I think that what a lot of viewers (including me) saw was what they were expecting to see. Human beings are incredible at visual pattern recognition and it is well known that humans strive to make sense of images that are too blurry to see clearly.

"Before leaving for school that day, Jessica called a friend who lives a few blocks away to see if he would be walking to nearby Witt Elementary School, according to police dispatch tapes.

It was 8:25 a.m. She spoke to the boy's father, who said his son would wait for her."

He does not live a few blocks away according to the address on the transmission that was transcribed in the scanner thread. Also I do not believe the father said he spoke to her but I will go review that now.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I was just looking at a new photo essay at Denver Post and noticed the captions on the photos.

2 of 10
At 8:30 a.m. Oct. 5, Jessica left to meet a friend and walk to school. Her regular route on Moore Street passes wooden fences and modest homes spaced close together.

3 of 10
Just around a corner from the Ridgeway home, about 100 yards away, Chelsea Park was a place Jessica would often meet classmates who then walked together to school. But on Oct. 5, her plans were different.

4 of 10
It was cold on Oct. 5. Before leaving home, Jessica had called a friend of hers. She arranged to meet at him at his house, no more than a five-minute walk from hers.

5 of 10
The boy and his father waited for Jessica. She never arrived. At 8:40 a.m., with 10 minutes until the bell rang, the man drove his son to school.

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/10/20/photos-she-walked-out-the-door-and-she-was-gone/#name here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member