CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been unable to rule out a feeling that either the perp is a woman, or there's a woman working with the perp. No evidence, just a gut queasiness.

Well there certainly was in the Jaycee Dugard's kidnapping.
However, it's not my personal feeling about this case. This one is not only kidnapping but a horrific murder. I think this is a person doing this alone. I also think this person is enjoying the publics attention to his crimes and that he is looking forward to striking again.
Jmo

Just watching the devils weed,on maryjane legal in CO medically.
It is on TV now. Highest state allowing it sold. Rocky Mountain high.
Ok,do we think this freak is smoking? On drugs?

<editing self regarding upcoming vote re: MJ>

Oh please, don't start bashing marijuana.

There has never been any relationship between violence and marijuana, nor is there likely to be.

Drugs, absolutely...but not weed.

Personally I have noticed meth seems to be involved in most violent deaths these days.

Never bashed anything,just stating Denver area is very high on consumption. Watching 60 minutes and looking at crime there.
I am thinking drugs of all kinds msy be involved as is some sick mental minds.

But the plan according to her mom was she would meet friends at the park and walk together to school. Walking to J's house would be way out of her way. J walking to Chelsea park would be out of his way. It has never made sense that J's dad said they waited for her. Unless J's dad drove him to the park and they waited there for her. But then why not just drive them to school if you are going to do that? Or why not drive him to Jessica's since it is so close to the park?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

According to the Denver Post article, the plan was that she was going to the friend's house. The mother also said that she called him before she left to confirm. I don't know the answers to all the many questions about why they did what they did that morning, although I agree that it seems weird to me, knowing only what we know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was wondering about this. The contents of the bag...we're out of the bag in the pics we saw (helicopter). Ivan not imagine le would empty the bag for pics. Maybe the garbage men emptied the bag? But the remains did not appear that way, iirc they were spaced out a bit?

Fortunately I did not see what you are referring to.

I saw photos but not of body parts (thank God).

There is no way this perp could have known the exact sequence of events that particular morning. He couldn't have known exactly what JR would do because the weather had changed. He couldn't have known the boy's father would only wait until 8:40am and then drive his son to school (and not check on why JR didn't make it to their house to meet); he got lucky. Opportunity and luck play into these abductions.

He may have had a plan to abduct a female child, he may have seen JR before and decided he'd like to abduct her if possible, or it may have been more random. He probably had a fantasy of abducting someone and then doing whatever else it was he did. We don't know which parts he improvised on the spot. We don't know what went according to his fantasy or plan and what didn't.

I personally think he discarded the remains in a way that he determined was easiest or best for him at that time. Why didn't he go to a dumpster? I don't know. He didn't. He tossed a black garbage bag out and no one saw him do that, he didn't carefully arrange her in the open. She was inside the bag when found by the trash collectors. It was the animal maintenance people who actually first saw her remains inside the bag. (source: Denver Post).

RBBM

Many businesses have security cameras on the buildings, parking areas. He would not risk being on video. moo

Never bashed anything,just stating Denver area is very high on consumption. Watching 60 minutes and looking at crime there.
I am thinking drugs of all kinds msy be involved as is some sick mental minds.

The number one cause of drug-induced violence is alcohol.

We may as well go focusing on everyone who had a drink that weekend.

Well, it looks like not much going on tonight, so I'm signing off for the rest of the evening. Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow.

The creepiness of the site (dead tree, abandoned mine, etc) makes me think it was not the perp hoping for easy disposal. Bag or no, I believe it was staged.

I don't find the site "creepy" at all ... Kind of barren, etc. but not "creepy".

But I do believe he wanted the remains easily found. But not because the site was creepy.

I don't find the site "creepy" at all ... Kind of barren, etc. but not "creepy".

But I do believe he wanted the remains easily found. But not because the site was creepy.

This is admittedly highly subjective. And I'm not much of an outdoors person.

Just watching the devils weed,on maryjane legal in CO medically.
It is on TV now. Highest state allowing it sold. Rocky Mountain high.
Ok,do we think this freak is smoking? On drugs?

The only thing a person high on weed is going to attack is a box of chocolate donuts or a bag of Doritos.

"At about 2 p.m., workers came across a plastic garbage bag in plain view near a culvert on the side of the road, said Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan. The bag was heavy and "seemed kind of strange," she said. "

"The maintenance workers flagged them down. An animal-control officer looked inside the bag and saw human remains, McGranahan said. Law enforcement officials have declined to be any more specific than to say they discovered a body that was "not intact."

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_21823619/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

Do we know if the FBI has a profile on what type of person this is.

They mentioned a genuine threat to the community. Do they think this is someone that has started something and will continue until they get caught or simply someone that is content with getting away with it once. Someone who stalked the victim or someone who saw a show at grabbing someone and did. If it's the guy who tried to get the jogger then his MO may be preplanning.

Would be interested in some type of profile.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...set=a.230478919304.166437.141296864304&type=1

There is no way this perp could have known the exact sequence of events that particular morning. He couldn't have known exactly what JR would do because the weather had changed. He couldn't have known the boy's father would only wait until 8:40am and then drive his son to school (and not check on why JR didn't make it to their house to meet); he got lucky. Opportunity and luck play into these abductions.

He may have had a plan to abduct a female child, he may have seen JR before and decided he'd like to abduct her if possible, or it may have been more random. He probably had a fantasy of abducting someone and then doing whatever else it was he did. We don't know which parts he improvised on the spot. We don't know what went according to his fantasy or plan and what didn't.

I personally think he discarded the remains in a way that he determined was easiest or best for him at that time. Why didn't he go to a dumpster? I don't know. He didn't. He tossed a black garbage bag out and no one saw him do that, he didn't carefully arrange her in the open. She was inside the bag when found by the trash collectors. It was the animal maintenance people who actually first saw her remains inside the bag. (source: Denver Post).
I wouldn't be surprised if he had driven by other mornings with intentions of grabbing her but had a neighbor come out for some reason, another car come by or some other disruption. Just because there were no witnesses (as far as anyone knows) it doesn't mean that he just got lucky. If someone had appeared, I think he would have just kept going and tried again another day. MOO

I was wondering about this. The contents of the bag...we're out of the bag in the pics we saw (helicopter). Ivan not imagine le would empty the bag for pics. Maybe the garbage men emptied the bag? But the remains did not appear that way, iirc they were spaced out a bit?
I think the forensic team may have taken her out of the bag to see what all was in there and what was missing, see if there was a weapon or anything else. They probably also had everything laid out (the torso, the bag and whatever else there was) for photographs, etc.

According to the Denver Post article, the plan was that she was going to the friend's house. The mother also said that she called him before she left to confirm. I don't know the answers to all the many questions about why they did what they did that morning, although I agree that it seems weird to me, knowing only what we know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok I missed that so I will go look for that article. To me it makes no sense for her to walk alone to J's. I believe that is farther than her walking straight to school. Does anyone have the link handy? Tia!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Those who know me know I mostly read rather than post. I've been following this case since the beginning and doing my own research in the background just like many of you. However the past two threads have given me a massive headache. Please everyone, stop fighting and being snarky. I know we are all frustrated with the lack of progress in finding the perp but going over the same things over and over and over and arguing about minute details that really have no relevance to finding the evil being that did this does no one any good. I'm sorry but I've been scrolling past pages and pages of this and have barely found anything new that would help any of us find new leads or clues. I know we all have good intentions and this case is heart wrenching. Just take a moment to step back and recompose.

buildingsacrossremainssite.png

A photographer took photos back in 2007 and I noticed that photos number 8 and 9 have a red spray painted cross exactly the same offset shape as the one found. The painted cross on that wall is next to one of the three windows and peering through the window would provide a view of the remain's site across the street. I just found it interesting and coincidental under the circumstances.

http://www.michaeldeleonphoto.com/2007/06/17/pattridge-coal/

https://www.facebook.com/westminsterpolice/photos_stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members