Found Deceased NC - Crystal Morrison Prentice, 31, Concord, 23 August 2012

I am so sad to see no new updates in this case. My heart is breaking for this family.

What can we do to help this case? I feel like there is something we can do behind the scenes to help this woman come home.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Crystal-Morrison/340862109339421

"10/3
1) we finally spoke to the police today, between several phone calls for about an hour. They are still trying to finish up with some loose ends, as well as sightings that have been reported. They are not letting this go but still need more leads. They also spoke to the Charlotte Observer today, and we spoke to them yesterday. Hopefully an article should be coming out soon."

More at link

I have some questions:
1. Who was the friend who was supposed to pick her up from work? Did anyone at her office see this friend actually arrive in the parking lot? Did he come in the office and ask where Crystal was? Or did this person intercept her as she was walking away from her building? Has this friend been checked out?
2. Who had her car and cell phone, and why?
3. Why would she leave work and not tell her supervisor? A single mom supporting her son probably wouldn't want to get into any trouble at work, so it just seems odd that she just up and walked out. I agree with others who said that something upsetting must have happened early in her work day.
4. Who is the co-worker that saw her walking away from the building? What was his or her vantage point? Is it feasible that this person could have such a detailed line of vision from inside the office building?
5. Is she someone who would have hitch hiked? Had she ever done that before?
I wonder if the public will get more detailed info. There are a lot of holes in this story if you ask me.

Search continues in Concord for missing Crystal Morrison

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...h-continues-in-concord-for.html#storylink=cpy

... [Police] can verify she walked past the Mistletoe Ridge neighborhood, but her trail runs cold around Waters Edge Apartments, before N.C. 73 crosses Winecoff School Road.

Earlier reports placed her inside the McDonald’s at N.C. 73 and International Drive, but neither receipts nor video footage capture her presence.

“It’s unusual circumstances,” said Hatley, who has one detective working on the Morrison’s case. “We know she was at work. We know she left work. We know she was walking down Highway 73 and just got gone.”

That in itself is a mystery to Carey, who can’t figure out why her sister would choose to walk on an 85-degree day in her dress clothes.

“She had asthma, and we’re not really outdoorsy people,” she said. “None of the stories I ever tell about Crystal are about us camping. That’s just not who we are.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-concord-for.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Is anyone familiar with these neighborhoods? So she never made it to McDonalds.

Two months later, Kannapolis woman's disappearance still a mystery

Two months have passed since Crystal Morrison Prentice walked away from her Concord job and disappeared, and her family still is working hard to find her.

[snip]

Carey said she’s helping put together another big awareness event on Dec. 1 — 100 days from the day Prentice went missing.

More: http://www2.independenttribune.com/...kannapolis-womans-disappearance-s-ar-2721747/

Yes, he did. He said that Crystal called home (where she was staying with friends) and her eight year old son answered the phone and took the phone to one of the friends. She told him (the friend) that she was sick and "could not get up with her boyfriend" so she wanted someone to pick her up.

I wish he had provided more information about what happened. Did this friend go to pick her up and she wasn't there? Was no one available to pick her up so she decided to walk?

Crystal's father apparently lives in Columbia SC. Has there been any information about how long she's lived in Concord/Kannapolis? Does she have family here besides her son? Where are the friends and the boyfriend?

So why haven't we heard anything about the boyfriend and what do all of you think the statement above, "could not get up with her boyfriend
means? I personally feel like the boyfriend should be closely looked at

My heart is breaking for her son.

Please Universe, please please bring this loving and beloved mother home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back