Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming up on FOX, Meagan Kelly will talk to James Rosen, iirc man who came home to the six children in his driveway.

The mother of 6-year-old Noah Pozner delivered a message at his funeral reflecting on the life of the little boy in Friday's school shooting, and lessons to draw from his loss.

From mother, Veronique Pozner:

The sky is crying, and the flags are at half-mast. It is a sad, sad day. But it is also your day, Noah, my little man. I will miss your forceful and purposeful little steps stomping through our house. I will miss your perpetual smile, the twinkle in your dark blue eyes, framed by eyelashes that would be the envy of any lady in this room.

Most of all, I will miss your visions of your future. You wanted to be a doctor, a soldier, a taco factory manager. It was your favorite food, and no doubt you wanted to ensure that the world kept producing tacos.

You were a little boy whose life force had all the gravitational pull of a celestial body. You were light and love, mischief and pranks. You adored your family with every fiber of your 6-year-old being. We are all of us elevated in our humanity by having known you. A little maverick, who didn't always want to do his schoolwork or clean up his toys, when practicing his ninja moves or Super Mario on the Wii seemed far more important.

Noah, you will not pass through this way again. I can only believe that you were planted on Earth to bloom in heaven. Take flight, my boy. Soar. You now have the wings you always wanted. Go to that peaceful valley that we will all one day come to know. I will join you someday. Not today. I still have lots of mommy love to give to Danielle, Michael, Sophia and Arielle.

Until then, your melody will linger in our hearts forever. Momma loves you, little man.

Read more: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/...om-delivers-moving-remembrance/#ixzz2FQnmvb1V

OMG...tears running down my face

My heart is so heavy. And I'm angry. And sad. And feel helpless. My heart is so heavy. :(

I agree with you. These kids have endured so much pain. They are frightened and some nutcase continues to frighten them. The children are probably thinking no matter what school they go to they are not safe. I say let them stay home and relax and with family and try to enjoy the best they can under these sad circumstances.

Not only that - I would want to attend each and every funeral. I think we all do.

They are sharing their children with the world. To me, that lightens their load as we all grieve for them.

I get what you are saying, I just wonder how much of it is actually their choice. Some parents are choosing to grieve publicly, but I feel like at this point none are given the choice to do it privately and that's unfortunate.

I get what you are saying, I just wonder how much of it is actually their choice. Some parents are choosing to grieve publicly, but I feel like at this point none are given the choice to do it privately and that's unfortunate.

I don't understand your point. Are you saying there are reporters inside the funeral home during these funerals?

Gunman’s behavior indicates planning and control: Ex-FBI profiler

NEWTOWN, Conn.—In stockpiling ammunition, smashing his computers and killing his mother as she slept, Adam Lanza undertook considerable preparation before shooting up an elementary school on Friday, a former FBI profiler said.

"He didn't just snap. This takes a lot of planning," said Mary Ellen O'Toole, who worked for 15 years in the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit where she studied psychopaths and helped capture killers.

O'Toole retired in 2009 and has no direct connection to the case.

"I have not seen a case with callousness of this extreme," O'Toole said of Lanza's shooting rampage. "It's off the charts."

Multiple reports have painted Lanza, who lived alone with his divorced mother, as being socially awkward but very intelligent, especially when it came to computers.

O'Toole said the way Lanza carried out his killings suggested a high measure of control, including damaging the computers.

"His computers were very important him. They were a window to his world," O'Toole told Yahoo News. "He didn't want them to survive. He knew that they would give insight into him and didn't want people to have it."

"It's time we stop putting out the mental health issue as an excuse that he didn't know what he was doing," she said.

Shooting his mother while she slept and preloading numerous rounds of ammunition into the gun clips signals that Lanza was on a mission, O'Toole said.

"He wanted to accomplish maximum lethality," O'Toole said. "He was not out of touch with reality. I think he put some security measures in place so he wouldn't be stopped."

Which unfortunately meant choosing the most helpless of victims, she added.

"If you pick older people you are going to have some blowback," O'Toole said. "He didn't want people to interfere. When people take security measures like that, you know what you are doing is wrong."[/QUOTWE]

Wow just Wow.... that nails it right down... Think this is exactly what he was a Commando with a Mission.....

I don't understand your point. Are you saying there are reporters inside the funeral home during these funerals?

No, but they are right outside taking pictures. IMO the families should be given a little privacy.

I thought I read that it was about age 6-7 when it was first noticed that AL was not "normal"; if so, maybe he knew this or had heard it often throughout his life and that is why he targeted this age group.

I thought I read that it was about age 6-7 when it was first noticed that AL was not "normal"; if so, maybe he knew this or had heard it often throughout his life and that is why he targeted this age group.

I posted about this a few days ago because I wondered the same thing. Possibly he was in first grade at the time and that was when his life changed somehow? IMO

KEARNS — An 11-year-old boy who brought a gun to a West Kearns Elementary School Monday is facing criminal charges after allegedly threatening a classmate.

Granite School District administrators said the sixth-grader packed the .22 caliber handgun, along with ammunition, in his backpack and brought it to class.

The boy told administrators he did it to protect himself in case a school shooting similar to the massacre in Newtown, Conn., happened in Utah. But classmate Isabelle Rios said that's not how he used the weapon.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23430406&ni...l-to-protect-self-officials-say&s_cid=queue-1

Gunman’s behavior indicates planning and control: Ex-FBI profiler

NEWTOWN, Conn.—In stockpiling ammunition, smashing his computers and killing his mother as she slept, Adam Lanza undertook considerable preparation before shooting up an elementary school on Friday, a former FBI profiler said.

"He didn't just snap. This takes a lot of planning," said Mary Ellen O'Toole, who worked for 15 years in the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit where she studied psychopaths and helped capture killers.

O'Toole retired in 2009 and has no direct connection to the case.

"I have not seen a case with callousness of this extreme," O'Toole said of Lanza's shooting rampage. "It's off the charts."

Multiple reports have painted Lanza, who lived alone with his divorced mother, as being socially awkward but very intelligent, especially when it came to computers.

O'Toole said the way Lanza carried out his killings suggested a high measure of control, including damaging the computers.

"His computers were very important him. They were a window to his world," O'Toole told Yahoo News. "He didn't want them to survive. He knew that they would give insight into him and didn't want people to have it."

"It's time we stop putting out the mental health issue as an excuse that he didn't know what he was doing," she said.

Shooting his mother while she slept and preloading numerous rounds of ammunition into the gun clips signals that Lanza was on a mission, O'Toole said.

"He wanted to accomplish maximum lethality," O'Toole said. "He was not out of touch with reality. I think he put some security measures in place so he wouldn't be stopped."

Which unfortunately meant choosing the most helpless of victims, she added.

"If you pick older people you are going to have some blowback," O'Toole said. "He didn't want people to interfere. When people take security measures like that, you know what you are doing is wrong."[/QUOTWE]

Wow just Wow.... that nails it right down... Think this is exactly what he was a Commando with a Mission.....

I don't agree with her at all. We don't know that it was Adam rather than his mother who had accumulated all the ammo. It may have been mom who smashed his hard-drive out of frustration and he snapped in retaliation.

I think Adam may have attended that school at one point and he returned to it because it was a time when his family was together and school was a place and an age he remembered being happy.

JMO

edited to add: I've seen no one saying that mental health was an excuse. There are reasons this happened, not excuses.

Rod Wheeler just interviewed on Fox:

His theory is that the shooter followed the Colorado movie theater/Holmes case and studied it closely...that's what he thinks the computer will show. He was asked if he (Wheeler) had been given that info, or whether it was his theory, and he clarified it was only his thoughts on what the shooter might have been researching on the computer.

He thinks the school was chosen because that's where a large gathering of young children would be on a Friday morning, causing great impact, which the shooter wanted.

His belief is this shooter was methodical in his planning.

Just passing along what Wheeler is suggesting at this time.

- - - -
I'm still stumped by what LE was doing, responding to the mom's house last night, in a hurry...and that kept them there for over 2 hours, if what was reported was true. Hmmmm. Anyone heard more about that this morning?

BBM.. I agree with this statement.. but with an bit added to it

I think the school was chosen specifically because that was the one place in the world other than home.. that AL actually knew and felt reasonably comfortable at.. that also held large groups of people where he could do maximum damage. It has been a constant theme in everything we have read about him.. that his whole life outside of home.. pretty much revolved around schools. Its what he knew. From everything we have read.. it was either school or the gun range. We have even read he was planning on going back to a school. I don't believe that he targeted the small children any more or any less than the older kids. IMO.. I think that those classrooms were just the closest to the front and so he started there first. I also believe that he planned to methodically go down the line of classrooms as far as he could before police showed up. All I can say is thank god that the police responded as quickly as they did.

Just MOO
Wild

I don't agree with her at all. We don't know that it was Adam rather than his mother who had accumulated all the ammo. It may have been mom who smashed his hard-drive out of frustration and he snapped in retaliation.

I think Adam may have attended that school at one point and he returned to it because it was a time when his family was together and school was a place and an age he remembered being happy.

JMO

edited to add: I've seen no one saying that mental health was an excuse. There are reasons this happened, not excuses.
IF MOM didn't purchase them...
Mom had to know about his arsenal and multiple magazines!
It was said her home was a fortress by an X wife in her family..
It was an X. but I have to believe her... obviously they were there!
IMO

JMO

JMHO, but I find it hard to believe she would unscrew the back of his computer to remove the hard drive and then smash it with a screwdriver and hammer.
I'd just take the computer.
Seriously wondering: if he was happy at that time and at that place why return for massive destruction?

JMO

Mom had to know about his arsenal and multiple magazines!
It was said her home was a fortress by an X wife in her family..
It was an X. but I have to believe her... obviously they were there!
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members