Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I feel for the creditors too. They may have borrowed the funds and they still have to repay their loans. They have every right to pursue repayment.

Absolutely!

So, what if he is convicted? What could they hope to get, and from where?

(sorry again for my ignorance in this field)

It would have just been another sick, sick thing for him to do.....if he announced to Allison that he was going leave her on her birthday........that's how they put you down....all part of mental abuse and making one feel worthless...so it's your birthday.......'Business as Usual' I'll be out of here with my lover!!!!:banghead:

Hell on the way to heaven.......for Allison.

Geanie, Omg I gasped when I read your post....so true and perfectly said.
I feel many of us have been down Allisons path of torment, depression and hopelessness. Hiding it all from the world, the relatives and mainly the children.

In the guts! Well done.

But for the grace of God go I.

Alioop, could you have a stab in the dark at what you think the legal costs up to and including a four day committal hearing could be? (presuming there are no more bomb threats)

I think I remember hearing that the bail hearing number 2 would have taken care of $30000 (estimate).

Also, is he only employing one legal team now?

His legal fees would be a lot. My guess is more than $250,000, and maybe a lot more.
I think he has the one criminal defence legal firm and a separate lawyer dealing with non criminal matters like in relation to Allisons estate and the insurances.

Absolutely!

So, what if he is convicted? What could they hope to get, and from where?

(sorry again for my ignorance in this field)

If he is convicted his creditors have no chance that I can see of being repaid.

So, what if he is acquitted. Does he have any comeback at the money he's had to spend to "prove his innocence" or is that just considered bad luck for him?

(many thanks as usual alioop, for being so generous with your knowledge and time :) )

Could be quite a competitive trial!

Right from day one, with GBC engaging the services of a criminal lawyer on the day he reported Allison as missing, it seemed this was going to play out as a strategic legal battle, with the onus being on the prosecution to PROVE that he did it.

In my opinion, he virtually gave it away on day one that he was guilty, by employing his criminal defence team that day, and remaining tight lipped the whole time.
It seemed like he was saying, I'm guilty, but what have you got?
PROVE IT!!!

I wonder if there has ever been a case like this before, where the criminal defence team were employed way before the murder was discovered???

MOO

So, what if he is acquitted. Does he have any comeback at the money he's had to spend to "prove his innocence" or is that just considered bad luck for him?

(many thanks as usual alioop, for being so generous with your knowledge and time :) )

Thanks Obby. If he is acquitted then yes his creditors have a chance of getting paid something.
He can't recoup his legal costs, they are payable regardless of guilty or not guilty verdict.

Speaking generally, it would be a terrible thing if someone was innocent of what they were charged with but have to spend a lot of money on lawyers to defend those charges.

Just a reminder.....bumped from thread 26

Originally Posted by Trooper
to AU expat...

$275.000.00 in 'gentlemans agreements'.. this is a load without collateral or legal verification. done on a handshake. ( they can kiss this goodbye)

$200.000.00 to J Frost.. this would be JOcelyn Frost, a former partner in Gerards franchise.

$90.000.00 to B Bassingthwaighte... this would be Ben Bassingthwaite, a former partner/ director of Gerards franchise. manager of rental properties.

$75,000.00 to the CEO of century 21.. that would be Charles Tarbey.

$58.000.00 to Nige and Elaine, his parents.. unsecured or not, I do not know. probably not. they can kiss it goodbye, too.

$15,000.00 to Century 21 in Franchise fees unpaid...

$45,000.00 in credit card debt...

Does anyone remember how much Toni was owed??

Thanks Obby. If he is acquitted then yes his creditors have a chance of getting paid something.
He can't recoup his legal costs, they are payable regardless of guilty or not guilty verdict.

Speaking generally, it would be a terrible thing if someone was innocent of what they were charged with but have to spend a lot of money on lawyers to defend those charges.

I am not sure if I am doing this correctly as I am a first time poster. The only way I can see GBC funding his legal defense is his family mortgaging their homes. What if they pull the plug after committal if he is committed for trial. It seems that the cost of trial would be prohibitive. With no money and no assets GBC would have to utilise a public defender (if that is the correct term).

I am not sure if I am doing this correctly as I am a first time poster. The only way I can see GBC funding his legal defense is his family mortgaging their homes. What if they pull the plug after committal if he is committed for trial. It seems that the cost of trial would be prohibitive. With no money and no assets GBC would have to utilise a public defender (if that is the correct term).

Welcome happygolucky, I agree with your comments. Legal aid is the term for free or subsidised legal costs funded by the state.

It would have just been another sick, sick thing for him to do.....if he announced to Allison that he was going leave her on her birthday........that's how they put you down....all part of mental abuse and making one feel worthless...so it's your birthday.......'Business as Usual' I'll be out of here with my lover!!!!:banghead:

Hell on the way to heaven.......for Allison.

My ex announced over dinner on our anniversary ( 2 days before my birthday) that he was not happy and was not going to come on the overseas holiday we were due to leave on the next day :) I had a great time :)

My ex announced over dinner on our anniversary ( 2 days before my birthday) that he was not happy and was not going to come on the overseas holiday we were due to leave on the next day :) I had a great time :)

Yes Maigret, some only think themselves, no consideration, no communication.
The lives this (um er) person has upturned all for the $$$$$ and some filthy skirt.

Allison's parents have had to forget their retirement, pay for solicitors and rear 3 very special children.

I considering changing my user name to THEY'VE GOT YOU.....YOU ****** :rocker:

:welcome: happygolucky

Thanks:smile: This seems to be a more balanced discussion than another chat group I was watching. I am looking forward to participitating. I think the committal will be interesting. There seems to be loads of circumstancial stuff. It will be interesting to see if anything more that circumstance stuff comes out of those 466 witness statements. However GBC does not have to present his side at committal, so it may be months before we see his version of events.

Alioop, are you able to answer some questions, but only if you feel comfortable doing so?
Could TM make a claim:
1/ As GBC allegedly owes her a substantial amount of money from a loan
and
2/ In her capacity as alleged publicly acknowledged mistress?

Thanks. I totally understand if you can't answer this.
This is all IMOO

Is it definite TM loaned GBC money I haven't heard this reported before, I know he owed money to a number of his work colleagues actually business partners which TM wasn't one. Can someone please provide the news article. Many thanks :)

<respectfuly snipped>

I wonder if there has ever been a case like this before, where the criminal defence team were employed way before the murder was discovered???
MOO

Valid question there IMO.

Is it definite TM loaned GBC money I haven't heard this reported before, I know he owed money to a number of his work colleagues actually business partners which TM wasn't one. Can someone please provide the news article. Many thanks :)

Good question.
I have seen it discussed and presumed it was fact, but I cant remember if it was ever printed.
My impression was that she was one of the three gentlemans agreements creditors.
I have heard discussions of it being a very sizeable amount of money too, as in $200000 or more?????
I did have a look last night but could only find it mentioned in forums, not msm.

Good question.
I have seen it discussed and presumed it was fact, but I cant remember if it was ever printed.
My impression was that she was one of the three gentlemans agreements creditors.
I have heard discussions of it being a very sizeable amount of money too, as in $200000 or more?????
I did have a look last night but could only find it mentioned in forums, not msm.

Where is the link to msm for Baden-Clay?

To my knowledge and recollection it has never been stated or reported that TM was owed money by GBC or the business. It has grown here as an assumption, which is understandable, as he seemed to owe to everyone he knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201