Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #30 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any elderly men on the jury? Just curious

Yes - 3 or 4 I think - elderly or "of retirement age" which, to me, doesn't mean elderly necessarily. We don't yet know what the final makeup of the jury yet - and neither do they. They draw straws or numbers to determine their status of juror or alternate...

HTH! : )

I do believe her finger is crooked and was broken, how, I don't know.

Harvest, you need to listen to this part of her interrogation with Flores. She explains exactly what happened to her finger -- although she attributes it to the nonexistent female intruder.

She cut her finger with the knife when it slipped from her hand as she was stabbing Travis. As Flores later tells her, it's a very very common injury suffered by stabbing perpetrators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hku9ls9VUs&feature=youtu.be&t=1h30m17s

Something else telling to me (and likely many others on this board)...

She's lacking the appropriate visceral reaction to being confronted/reminded about her abuse. IME it is an unwanted and uncontrollable response too...shaking, rocking, crying inconsolably, feeling nauseous, sudden headache, vomiting, tensing, hesitation in speech, unbridled anger, a feeling of invasion, etc. (I still get like that 6 1/2 years later, 4000 miles away, when I get a letter from my ex. It's the only way he is allowed to contact kiddos.)

She's just too cavalier to be even remotely believable.

I am trying to get caught up on all of today's testimony but wanted to jump in and say.

I hate Jodi Arias!!!

I only caught the last 30 minutes and I have to agree I think the injury is tendon related form the cut she received. I can't wait for Juan to bury this chick!

Realistically, how much longer do we think this direct will go on?

I wonder if someone can refresh my memory, I don't know if this was the FCA trial or a different one but there was one trial where a witness needed a really intense cross examination from the prosecutor and when the prosecutor got up to cross it was the most disappointing cross ever, I believe it was talked about quite a bit here, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, if anyone knows what I'm talking about...I hope that doesn't happen in this case, I hope Juan makes her testify on cross for as long as she is testifying on direct. I know I will be celebrating when I hear the words "No futher questions, your honor" come out of Nurmi's mouth. LOL

Apparently Jodi has a message for Dr Drew that his guest is coming on to tell him tonight.

Huh? :waitasec:

oh jeez, look out. I like Dr. Drew, I just like to see him like he is today, open to a person's ability to just lie.. Just that it is possible she is not truthful.

While I understand the emotions, I think emotions are getting the best of many and as a result is lessening the understanding of how the case will proceed.

Those who listened to Beth K last night: did you hear Beth get all emotional? No, she did not. She analyzed the case and saw how each side is presenting it. The defense is doing what defense teams everywhere do. They work with what they have or what they can manufacture. It's been that way for decades. It was that way in the OJ trial with the defense claiming Nicole was responsible for her own near decapitation. And it's been that way since.

Fast forward to jury deliberations. What will the jury be working with?

1. the defendant confessed to the killing
2. the killing was indeed brutal
3. the term 'overkill' is not an exaggeration
4. the defendant claimed her life was in danger
5. there is no proof her life was in danger or that she could have reasonably thought it was. She has to PROVE it, not just suggest it.
6. crime scene pics show what happened in less than 2 minutes
7. autopsy pics show the reality of what was done to Travis
8. Even if every juror thinks TA was a complete jerkwad, they still have to determine if JA's life was in danger within a 45 second period or if she reasonably could have determined it was. Emphasis on reasonably.
9. Did anything up to 6/4/08 justify TA's killing? (answer: nope, not according to the laws of AZ).
10. What's left? She did it, her life wasn't in danger, he was butchered, she premeditated AND pre-planned the killing.

GUILTY of first degree murder.

ALso she has to show that the force she used was matching the force that was used or going to be used on her. In other words, she has to show that the amount of force she used against him was justified. Whiiiiiiich...don't see how that is going to happen

Harvest, you need to listen to this part of her interrogation with Flores. She explains exactly what happened to her finger -- although she attributes it to the nonexistent female intruder.

She cut her finger with the knife when it slipped from her hand as she was stabbing Travis. As Flores later tells her, it's a very very common injury suffered by stabbing perpetrators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hku9ls9VUs&feature=youtu.be&t=1h30m17s
I do remember she said she cut her finger, yes the ring finger. I did not hear anything about it being broken. However, I don't recall a close up of it during the interrogation.

Dr drew is a dweeb. He should stick to addiction rehab. IMO

There may be some truth to some of the things she's saying, but she has lied so many times about so many things, there is absolutely no way to tell what's truth and what's fiction ....so you have to write it all off as not credible.

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :furious: :furious: :furious:

LOL, we were saying in chat that it wouldn't take much time for WS'ers to find that her fingers are straight and not bent, and within 10 minutes, TigerBalm has posted straight fingers!!!! And that the ninja's did it!!!!!!

I swear I'm not stalking the chat room. :floorlaugh:

Chat room doesn't like my mac

I do remember she said she cut her finger, yes the ring finger. I did not hear anything about it being broken. However, I don't recall a close up of it during the interrogation.

She didn't say it had been broken, she said it had been cut. It's not believable now that it was actually injured months prior when Travis abused her.

Why would you need a close up in the interrogation? She tells him what happened.

I still can't get over her makeover giving her a look of a woman who's a quiet, unassuming homebody, almost virgin looking....no offense to librarians, but she looks like one

It's all part of her brilliant plan to fool the jury..... they would treat her better if she was more attractive in court. Poor old Andrea Yates didn't get away with anything...

MOO!

Did anyone catch her testimony about asking someone for a gun so that she could kill herself? i was dozing off most of her testimony today but i believe i heard something to that fact. i guess shes gonna say she got the gun from this "friend" and not the robbery at her grandparents house. i tell ya she has a story for eveyrthing. what kind of "friend" would give u a gun to kill youself after. what kind of fruend would say "here take my gun" after knowing that you're suicidal? I hope this friend is called for rebuttal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea